Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This movie is filled with content that's demographically inappropriate. The cheese shop is an obvious drug den and cheese itself treated like a drug. Acknowledging how chippendale is a term for a male stripper. I don't blame him for looking at it that way
    There's a difference between adult easter eggs like you mentioned and thinking that something that is completely innocent and has been common in children's shows since forever is "uncomfortable"
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    There's a difference between adult easter eggs like you mentioned and thinking that something that is completely innocent and has been common in children's shows since forever is "uncomfortable"
    The adult nature of it is likely why he found it uncomfortable. The context of the characters being adult actors on a TV show made me question why ship these characters. Zipper was the team pet.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The adult nature of it is likely why he found it uncomfortable. The context of the characters being adult actors on a TV show made me question why ship these characters. Zipper was the team pet.
    There's nothing adult about it...they're a couple and they have a family.

Scooby Doo was a pet who could talk, Zipper on the other hand was just a character who didn't speak English but he was still considered a "person" in the same way as the other characters on the show by everyone in the show.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I thought it was a great parody of reboots, revivals, and remakes.

Not something I was expecting from Disney. They even ripped on their own properties. A lot. It was great.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

ROFL, Zipper wasn't a pet, he was Monty's partner and a team equal.

The movie even acknowledges the hybrid kids are a bit weird from Chips tone and the way the camera hangs a bit too long on the hideous kids

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The movie even acknowledges the hybrid kids are a bit weird from Chips tone and the way the camera hangs a bit too long on the hideous kids
    Chip's tone is more because he's down about where his career's ended up and some of his friends are happier than him, not because he's weirded out.

Dale doesn't react badly to it at all when he meets up with them, and actually asks Zipper what life as a dad is like with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Oh, yeah...Those 90's Disney shows Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers etc ...
    I feel like I'm the only one who preferred "Tail Spin"

is the show rated G? I'm not interested if there's a bunch of "Deadpool" style or "harley quinn show" humor involved.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is the show rated G? I'm not interested if there's a bunch of "Deadpool" style or "harley quinn show" humor involved.
    It's a movie not a show. The movie keeps things PG

Movie was hilarious and had me rolling. Loved all of the cameos. Highly recommend as it was a fun film.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!