Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Most of those didn't even withstand the Hickman run.

Incredible Member

Don't forget about the beloved Curse. And the hundred characters that Vita Ayala Created in Prisoner X.

Hordeculture will probably pop up here and there.
    They're an easy source of (questionable) humor so it wouldn't be hard to work them into some stories as side-villains or something.

I agree with the people that said Hordeculture will stay, they also are felixable enough to appear outside of the X-Books, which helps with a character's general longevity.

As for any others, I can't say that any of the newer ones, even the ones I liked, have much staying power. Even the Arakki mutants have a lot of potential, but they're also vague enough that if a writer wants to use them they can just make up their own rather than using one of the already introduced.

Honestly, the nature of the Krakoa era, which is that every past character can be back on the table will ultimately prevent any new blood from sticking even if they get panel time, such is the curse of nostalgia.

Khora of the Burning Heart is the new character that most intrigues me. I like her powers, costume, and visuals. I hope she gets some actual character development and sticks around. Like others I am doubtful she will stick around after Ewing is gone though.
    Last edited by thjan; 02-15-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I really don't get the argument that the 05 somehow prevent the establishment or exploration of new characters. Where is this overwhelming focus on Warren and Bobby that prevents anyone else from having time to shine?
    Bobby has consistently been part of at least one team for years and years.
    And he has often been in two teams at the same time, like when he was both in WATXM and Amazing X-Men, or all the time there were two Iceman around.
    He is one of the most overexposed characters of the X-line.

Angel appears less often, but is still regulary drafted in teams, more often than most of the New Mutants (minus Illyana and maybe Sam), Gen X and NXM.

It's true for most of the Cyclops and Storm era X-Men
    There are few exceptions, like Banshee or Sunfire, but most of them have a permanent seat in the X-line, and way too often they even have two seats at the same time.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

If the Arraki might go the way of the Neo, i wonder if some of them might stick around by taking refuge with the Morlocks, considering their uncanny ability to stick around despite getting "massacred" multiple times and having enough visual traits that some Arraki might simply fuse into their group appearance?

That could even be a way for them to get into cartoons and movies without needing the whole Arrako/Krakoa plot.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Khora of the Burning Heart is the new character that most intrigues me. I like her powers, costume, and visuals. I hope she gets some actual character development and sticks around. Like others I am doubtful she will after Ewing is gone though.
    What has she actualy done yet?
    It seems to me that some people are allready head over heels for her, despite having only done one or two things and barely said a word, simply based on the surface level elements you mentioned.

Or is it really just a "i see so much potential" situation?

Astonishing Member

Honestly of the new villains introduced the only one I want to stick around is Stasis, the rest of Orchis is boring and not worth the page space. Of the Arraki, I think Bei has the best chances of sticking around, no idea on the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    What has she actualy done yet?
    It seems to me that some people are allready head over heels for her, despite having only done one or two things and barely said a word, simply based on the surface level elements you mentioned.

Or is it really just a "i see so much potential" situation?
    She hasn't done much yet, yeah. That is why I said she intrigues me rather than I love her or she is my favorite new character. She definitely needs more character development and page time for us to really get to know her. Still, cool visuals and powers do go a long way in a medium like comics where it is half the appeal of the stories and characters.
    Last edited by thjan; 02-15-2022 at 03:33 PM.

I thought that green kid with curly hair was promised a great carreer as background character (alongside other "mutant looking" background characters like Anole or Rockslide) but I don't even remember the last time he showed up.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I thought that green kid with curly hair was promised a great carreer as background character (alongside other "mutant looking" background characters like Anole or Rockslide) but I don't even remember the last time he showed up.
    Broca Lee was a real tease at the end of the day.

Mighty Member

Essentially whichever character Marvel will keep pushing. They don’t listen to fans. They invest in characters they want to cast in the MCU. Comics are nothing more than a phase 1 release to test storylines for the MCU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The Krakoan era has introduced a decent number of new heroes and villains into the world of x-men, with more still on the way. Place your predictions now: who do you foresee still being present and relevant in comics five years from now? And who is doomed to be tossed into the franchise vault and forgotten forever (or until some artist throws them in as a single panel cameo). Most importantly, do you feel that any of these new characters have the potential to ascend to C or B-list status?
    I think Cosmar has some potential to become a b-lister.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly of the new villains introduced the only one I want to stick around is Stasis, the rest of Orchis is boring and not worth the page space. Of the Arraki, I think Bei has the best chances of sticking around, no idea on the rest
    Orchis really strikes me as generic. They are another secret anti-mutant organization with weirdly unlimited amount of money, access to extremely advanced technology that would be better used helping mankind and earth directly and spend their time building Sentinels which are bound to turn against them.

They have no style, they have nothing new and they hardly have any characters worth remembering. They are just a "allready seen" recycled bad guy faction looming on the horizon and the mutants of Krakoa have not entirely wiped the floor with them yet because of awkwardly enforced plot reasons.

That's barely one step above being an angry anti-mutant mob with torches and signs with hatefull slogans on them, as far as i'm concerned.

I know it's difficult to create new villains when some of the best had allready been created and defeated, but Orchis doesn't look like Hickman was even bothered to make them stand out. They are just the guys who open the ancient tomb/spaceship/religios artifact that will release the monster the heros actualy need to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    She hasn't done much yet, yeah. That is why I said she intrigues me rather than I love her or she is my favorite new character. She definitely needs more character development and page time for us to really get to know her. Still, cool visuals and powers do go a long way in a medium like comics where it is half the appeal of the stories and characters.
    Fair point, can't argue against that given i like a certain C-lister because of a cover from a comic 25 years ago which had me intrigued.

It's actualy somewhat of an advantage when a character doesn't get big "woah" moments straight away or being introduced as big shot character the reader absolutely has to love, since that can often cause new characters to feel too forced and create rejection. But of course, that also takes a longer time and requires dedication by the writer(s) to keep using the character for this development.

Also yes an interesting design and set of powers helps A LOT too both make a good first impression and be remembered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Essentially whichever character Marvel will keep pushing. They don’t listen to fans. They invest in characters they want to cast in the MCU. Comics are nothing more than a phase 1 release to test storylines for the MCU.
    Don't forget Editor's Pets. Almost no one likes Glob....Except Jordan White.