Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Default Is Power Rangers over?

Hi,

So without revealing a single thing from the issue that comes out tomorrow, it ended with a very final “The end”. Did this get canceled or wrapped up?
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrawler92 View Post
    Hi,

So without revealing a single thing from the issue that comes out tomorrow, it ended with a very final “The end”. Did this get canceled or wrapped up?
    No because Final Order Cutoff had another issue after tomorrows.

Amazing Member

That's probably to indicate that "The Eltarian War" is over. There are issues solicited for the next two months, and neither seem to suggest the title is about to end.

Incredible Member

I’d wish they would move on away from the MMPR era. I’d rather have an ongoing SPD or RPM comic. Or heck, even in Space. I’ve started to loath the MMPR era.

They are starting to bring in non-MMPR stuff. The Zeo Crystal was already introduced, the Command Centre destroyed and Power Chamber mentioned, and Zedd seems to have moved on, with a comics original villain to take over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Honestly, the Eltarian War seemed like a great place to end the "Season 2" phase that the comics are in right now. I'd be all for bringing Rita back and introducing Rito and the Ninja Powers next. Only downside is that it might mean moving closer to losing the best version of Kimberly this franchise has ever had xD
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-19-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, the Eltarian War seemed like a great place to end the "Season 2" phase that the comics are in right now. I'd be all for bringing Rita back and introducing Rito and the Ninja Powers next. Only downside is that it might mean moving closer to losing the best version of Kimberly this franchise has ever had xD
    While Im ok w/Rangers deciding to move on w/their lives.....this is a new continuity...who says she needs to leave? But that is the issue with having so many characters, its hard to please everyone. If anything maybe she can join the Omega Rangers as the Pink Omega.

Kimberly left so close to the end of MMPR anyway - I think Kat was only MMPR Pink for eight episodes or so, before everyone got turned into kids and the Ninja Power Coins were destroyed?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kimberly left so close to the end of MMPR anyway - I think Kat was only MMPR Pink for eight episodes or so, before everyone got turned into kids and the Ninja Power Coins were destroyed?
    Correct. Apart from her eventual relationship with Tommy she didnt really add much to the storylines starting out.

For me the biggest misses would be the Space team since they are dependent on taking over from the previous team.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-19-2022 at 06:47 PM.

My problem with Kat was that she introduced as Kim and Aiesha's pet cat. The way it was presented at first you weren't sure if she was a cat that could change into a human via Rita's magic or if she was a human that could change into a cat (which was revealed/clarified to be the case) but that had to be one of the weirdest intros on that show.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 03-15-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Kat got better storylines in Zeo and even Turbo. With the exception of Tommy and Kim when she was about to depart, none of the Rangers in the MMPR seasons had particularly good storylines. As they say, there are no bad characters, just bad writers.

Yeah, MMPR may be the most famous Power Rangers, but it definitely isn't the best. The show grew the beard with In Space, and was decent from then until SPD. Mystic Force didn't focus on the characters enough except for the red ranger, who had a plot that belonged to the entire team in the Sentai counterpart (his father being one of the villains). Operation Overdrive had bad pacing, Jungle Fury was affected by a writer's strike. RPM was decent, in spite of the showrunner being replaced mid-season for blowing the budget, then Samurai was just a copy/paste of it's Sentai counterpart Shinkenger with Bulk scenes added for no reason (he didn't even interact with the rangers for most of the series). Megaforce inexplicitly used previously unadapted teams instead of filtering Gokaiger down to just adapted stuff, as well as combined two Sentais with a combined 101 episodes down to just 42 episodes, so it also felt rushed. The first episode was also a copy/paste of MMPR's. Dino Charge had executive meddling and an ending that forced it to be made an AU, Ninja Steel was MMPR-lite, and then Beast Morphers and Dino Fury were finally decent again.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-16-2022 at 06:34 AM.

I had just watched Dino Fury on Netflix and it's the first series that I've seen since Zeo, and honestly it felt more like MMPR than the MMPR reboot movie did. I like MMPR series it's fun and cheesy and at times it's even intentionally funny and even touching at times.

It's telling it's own story though, rather than being a knock-off of MMPR like Megaforce and Ninja Steel (which both went back to the teenagers in high school premise). They also make references to past seasons (so did Beast Morphers). Hasbro's takeover of the franchise has resulted in a return to form.

I just need Dino Force to never re-use an old MMPR clip because it is seriously cringe with those new voiceovers....get the rights or dont use them at all.