Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    You've not been paying attention a god damn thing I've said.

To tediously repeat myself, again, this contradicts everything in her origin story Innocence Lost.
    Sarah had always been her mother, in all ways, except biologically; Laura considering Sarah Family in no way supported this revelation.
    Taylor's run did nothing to set this up, and if he wanted to do this, he really should have done it in that; he could have cut out Old woman Laura and had an entire arc about this.

There is no explanation of how this is supposed to fit in the narrative.
    For all we know he DID have plans to do just that in whatever was going to follow OWL, but then Logan came back and Marvel killed the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    For all we know he DID have plans to do just that in whatever was going to follow OWL, but then Logan came back and Marvel killed the book.
    Possibly, but if you can't do it right, don't do it at all.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I thought it was proved that Laura has DNA from Sarah, she is engineered rather than a clone. This make sense though, in order for Laura to be female she needs two XX chromosomes in her DNA structure. An ovum would be needed to injected with Logan's DNA, along with the DNA of the female participant. So rather than being a clone, Laura is an engineered human.

Last edited by RachelGrey; 02-22-2022 at 06:45 AM.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I thought it was proved that Laura has DNA from Sarah, she is engineered rather than a clone. This make sense though, in order for Laura to be female she needs two XX chromosomes in her DNA structure. An ovum would be needed to injected with Logan's DNA, along with the DNA of the female participant. So rather than being a clone, Laura is an engineered human.

Why do people keep insisting on interjecting in a conversation they have clearly not been paying attention too?

In her origin story they duplicated the existing X chromosome to replace the damaged Y chromosome; this was explicitly done to keep them genetically identical to Logan and is entirely the reason they made her female in the first place; that revelation contradicts everything they carefully laid out and established about her creation.

For further elaboration, go back a page or two.

Ovum used for cloning are purged of their genetic code before use, you don't use one that still has one; that's how they make real world clones.

If they wanted to they could come up with an explanation that Sarah used her own egg, and had imperfectly purged it, or maybe she did perfectly purge it but the Healing factor in Logan's own genetic code started reconstructing and integrating it into itself, but they have not; they have given no explanation about how that is supposed to fit into the narrative.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 02-22-2022 at 07:43 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member

If Tony says it is so, it is so. Word of God, that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    You've not been paying attention a god damn thing I've said.

To tediously repeat myself, again, this contradicts everything in her origin story Innocence Lost.
    Sarah had always been her mother, in all ways, except biologically; Laura considering Sarah Family in no way supported this revelation.
    Taylor's run did nothing to set this up, and if he wanted to do this, he really should have done it in that; he could have cut out Old woman Laura and had an entire arc about this.

There is no explanation of how this is supposed to fit in the narrative.
    Hey i'm not the one stating a story someone got paid to write for a company that paid them to do so is out of character. What i have heard is you basically claiming some ownership on what is legitimate for laura's storyline and you don't have any. So there is nothing to pay attention to that was missed because the facts are in print.

I also know this is an X-men 8 thread and not a how did laura history change thread. But eh. Looking forward to the next issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If Tony says it is so, it is so. Word of God, that one.
    It wasn't just tony it was also confirmed in taylor run when she found Sarah's sister who has a daughter as well if i'm remembering correctly. First it was the synch thing and now this, i don't want to derail the thread further but i really don't get how people see laura when she has been so many things since nyx and has also lived many years in a far flung future in Taylor run so she isn't exactly mentally a youngin herself but her diehard fans never brought that up.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-22-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It wasn't just tony it was also confirmed in taylor run when she found Sarah's sister who has a daughter as well if i'm remembering correctly. First it was the synch thing and now this, i don't want to derail the thread further but i really don't get how people see laura when she has been so many things since nyx and has also lived many years in a far flung future in Taylor run so she isn't exactly mentally a youngin herself but her diehard fans never brought that up.
    I do not have any opinion of Laura, I just am amused at how lazy writers are, simply retconning other people's stories via mouthpieces. Fans are often very selective of what forms their views of their characters, never bother arguing with fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Laura's cousin and aunt date back to her origin book. They first appeared in Innocence Lost under Kyle and Yost themselves (when Megan is kidnapped by a pedophile and killer, Sarah sneaks Laura out to rescue her) and play a much more prominent role in Target X, where they take her in after she escapes the Facility, up until Kimura threatens them and she has to send them into hiding. Laura isn't finding out about them in EotSII, she's REUNITING with them since Kimura was now dead and they were safe.

And the Old Woman Laura arc in ANW was an AU, so no she didn't live many years in a far-flung future. That was a completely different Laura.

If you're going to make remarks about "diehard fans" not bringing things up, at least make sure you fact-check your "evidence."
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 02-22-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Laura's cousin and aunt date back to her origin book. They first appeared in Innocence Lost under Kyle and Yost themselves (when Megan is kidnapped by a pedophile and killer, Sarah sneaks Laura out to rescue her) and play a much more prominent role in Target X, where they take her in after she escapes the Facility, up until Kimura threatens them and she has to send them into hiding. Laura isn't finding out about them in EotSII, she's REUNITING with them since Kimura was now dead and they were safe.

And the Old Woman Laura arc in ANW was an AU, so no she didn't live many years in a far-flung future. That was a completely different Laura.

If you're going to make remarks about "diehard fans" not bringing things up, at least make sure you fact-check your "evidence."
    Perhaps i misread or am mixing it up with the captain marvel story. somebody was far flung into their AU future or maybe both. sorry but i don't keep folders of receipts to prove points. But i am more than willing to admit when my facts may not be 100.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.