Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    which is great but 7000 x 30 so $210k before distribution and printing costs. It's really too bad Marvel and DC wouldn't agree to doing a proper reprint run and give a percentage of that to Perez's family.
    Which is what I meant, 7000 is a paltry number. 70,000 is more tenable…

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Which is what I meant, 7000 is a paltry number. 70,000 is more tenable…
    Yeah it's ridiculous. That being said did anyone here manage to be one of the 7k that actually got a copy?

Extraordinary Member

Does this have a date?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Does this have a date?
    This coming Wednesday, the 16th. My LCS was allotted a whopping three copies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    This coming Wednesday, the 16th. My LCS was allotted a whopping three copies.
    I’m on a waiting list this is nerve racking

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

My shop's going to raffle their copies (however few they may be) and donate the proceeds to the Hero Initiative.

Seems the honorable thing to do, considering Marvel/DC f*cked this whole thing up so badly...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Good grief. I just called up my comic shop and asked to be notified right away. Gotta have one!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

so 5 or 6 people will get to buy them and the rest will be sold to "Customers" and then end up on auction sites.

My LCS is getting four. 30 of us are on the list. WTF! Why only 7000? So people can turn around and rip people off on eBay? I have the original four issues but would love the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    My LCS is getting four. 30 of us are on the list. WTF! Why only 7000? So people can turn around and rip people off on eBay? I have the original four issues but would love the trade.
    Because there are a lot of very complex legalities involved in this and neither company involved particularly likes the other. A very limited print run was most likely the only way to get both parties to agree to a reprint at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Because there are a lot of very complex legalities involved in this and neither company involved particularly likes the other. A very limited print run was most likely the only way to get both parties to agree to a reprint at all.
    So instead of Marvel and DC making a profit it will be individuals on eBay that will. If both companies agreed to one why not an unlimited amount?

Extraordinary Member

If most of the profit is going to scalpers, I almost don't even see the point in rereleasing it and saying the proceeds are going to charity. I mean, I guess I get the legality of it, but Marvel and DC may as well have given directly to Perez and cancer research rather than let the scalpers make the most money off of this.

Sorry, but I hate scalpers so much.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    So instead of Marvel and DC making a profit it will be individuals on eBay that will. If both companies agreed to one why not an unlimited amount?
    It’s a project using their IP to highlight the IP of their direct competitor. There was a period where Marvel and DC were on friendly terms, but it was before they were both absorbed into massive corporate conglomerates. Getting this to happen at all was likely a Herculean task.

The big culprit however appears to be time and material:

Having spoken to multiple sources, it’s become clear that there aren’t any bad actors in this particular situation – although there are corporate entities that are obviously protective of their intellectual properties; again, Marie Javins as well as the Hero Initiative’s Jim McLauchlin have been credited for ensuring that the project made it to completion. Instead, the print run is entirely the result of practical considerations related to the material available – there’s still a paper shortage going on, remember, not to mention limited time available at printers – in the timeframe necessary.

That last part is important; some have been asking why this couldn’t be delayed to ensure a larger print run, or why this is being rush-solicited. (Final orders are due on Monday, although Diamond has already announced the book will be allocated, for obvious reasons.) Not to be too much of a downer, but all involved want George Perez to see this book made available again, and he was given a diagnosis of six months to a year to live in November of last year. Time is most definitely of the essence here.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-12-2022 at 01:59 PM.

I saw this photo on Facebook and am very happy to see it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?