Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Sam Wilson: Captain America Appreciation 2022

Sam's 2nd stint as Captain America is looking pretty good. R.B Silva on art is going to be great. Here's an interview with Tochi Onyebuchi on his plans for Sam as Cap.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-tochi-ony...ica-interview/

Sam WIlson Cap.jpg

Variant cover by Olivier Coipel to Captain America: Symbol of Truth. This is a great pic of Sam as Cap.

So goatee or no goatee?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So goatee or no goatee?
    Looks like a goatee in the interior art. Looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Looks like a goatee in the interior art. Looks pretty good.
    It seems like they're trying too hard to ape Anthony Mackie. I'm over synergy.

Extraordinary Member

How soon til they chop Echo's leg off to mirror the Hawkeye series?

Well, to be fair pre Mackie he sported some wispy chin hairs for Priest. But I get your frustration. My avatar speaks for me and MCU synergy. But I’ll live.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Gotta say, while I’m glad that Sam is back as Captain America, I’m still not a fan of his relationship with Misty. It honestly feels like the 2 were just paired up because they were prominent black characters rather than for any chemistry they had previously had.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    How soon til they chop Echo's leg off to mirror the Hawkeye series?
    Or loses the ability to speak so she has to talk exclusively in sign language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Gotta say, while I’m glad that Sam is back as Captain America, I’m still not a fan of his relationship with Misty. It honestly feels like the 2 were just paired up because they were prominent black characters rather than for any chemistry they had previously had.
    I'm actually kind of surprised the relationship has stuck so much when Misty used to be Iron Fists' main love interest but I guess your black lead has to have a high class black leading lady...even if it sometimes feels like she's more capable than Sam .

I like they’re chemistry … she’s sassy.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

I'm actually kind of surprised the relationship has stuck so much when Misty used to be Iron Fists' main love interest but I guess your black lead has to have a high class black leading lady...even if it sometimes feels like she's more capable than Sam .
    I mean there was the thing with Jet Black before that but Remender got rid of her for some reason before he became Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I like they’re chemistry … she’s sassy.
    That's Misty in a nutshell .
    I mean there was the thing with Jet Black before that but Remender got rid of her for some reason before he became Captain America.
    Oh yeah...wasn't there some weird thing about how old Jet actually was when Remender had her and Sam sleep together?

Spectacular Member

Or loses the ability to speak so she has to talk exclusively in sign language.

Missy is more capable than Danny most times.

Nowadays, writers don't have time to develop a lengthy story where characters develop any kind of chemistry, especially with solo poc characters whose books may not last long.

We'll be lucky to get to 25 issues with this run(fingers crossed that we do).

That's Misty in a nutshell .

Oh yeah...wasn't there some weird thing about how old Jet actually was when Remender had her and Sam sleep together?
    Wasn't Jet grown in a lab and then aged up?