Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Who’s that on the February cover with Sam, Joaquin, and Nomad?

Sam and Nomad, indeed! Good ol' Ian Rogers, back in the mix of things.

Preview is out: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/23/ma...ol-of-truth-7/

Having read the first arc, I'm teetering on the edge whether to continue reading. I really like Tochi Onyebuchi's voice for Sam, and the time he gives him and Misty is well spent. Joaquin having an interesting role to play is also great--i'm glad he getting well-deserved spotlight. I think having the OG White Wolf as the instigator of tensions between Sam and Wakanda is an inspired choice. And the art--courtesy of R.B. Silva--is sublime.

However, I struggled to connect with the story. The political intrigue underpinning Sam's conflict felt thin and failed to involve me. Deadpool and Doom came in went, and while they felt true to themselves, I couldn't tell you the role they played in the story is my life depended on it. Joaquin's story felt the most complete, but it was saddled with a secondary artist who, while good, wasn't up to par with Silva.

Ian being back piques my interest, however. I've fond memories of Remender's run, where they had but an arc to properly interact. Onyebuchi's certainly new to comics--I'm sure he can only improve going forward.

What do y'all think, fellow Falcon-heads? You in or out with the current run?

Extraordinary Member

But is Steve going to know his son is alive? They bring characters back from the dead...or whatever...but do not have them reconnect with important people in their lives. Same thing happened with Rikki Barnes. Returned in the Future Foundation book and came back to Earth with them...only to NOT have a guest appearance in the Captain America book to reconnect with Steve. Even just a page of them having breakfast and talking before Steve gets called away.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Sam and Nomad, indeed! Good ol' Ian Rogers, back in the mix of things.

Preview is out: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/23/ma...ol-of-truth-7/

Having read the first arc, I'm teetering on the edge whether to continue reading. I really like Tochi Onyebuchi's voice for Sam, and the time he gives him and Misty is well spent. Joaquin having an interesting role to play is also great--i'm glad he getting well-deserved spotlight. I think having the OG White Wolf as the instigator of tensions between Sam and Wakanda is an inspired choice. And the art--courtesy of R.B. Silva--is sublime.

However, I struggled to connect with the story. The political intrigue underpinning Sam's conflict felt thin and failed to involve me. Deadpool and Doom came in went, and while they felt true to themselves, I couldn't tell you the role they played in the story is my life depended on it. Joaquin's story felt the most complete, but it was saddled with a secondary artist who, while good, wasn't up to par with Silva.

Ian being back piques my interest, however. I've fond memories of Remender's run, where they had but an arc to properly interact. Onyebuchi's certainly new to comics--I'm sure he can only improve going forward.

What do y'all think, fellow Falcon-heads? You in or out with the current run?
    The goatee keeps taking me out of it.

I wonder if Ian coming back brings more issues than it solves...although I guess he was Sam's original partner as Cap so there's kind of a full-circle vibe to bringing him back into things.

Mighty Member

Finally catch up with Captain America: Symbol of Truth #7 it was an action packed issue, I liked how Onyebuchi found a straightforward and simple way to re-introduce Ian, and the conflict he created between them felt natural, in terms of their styles clash while rescuing a group of refugees while and hinting at unresolved issues that create tension between them.

Not too sure what is going to happen to Falcon but I see this ending with him being a "were-falcon" and being able to return to a normal human state.

Still enjoying this run a lot.