Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Looks like some solid Cap stuff .

Extraordinary Member

I will be sorely disappointed if Battlestar is ignored in this series.

Astonishing Member

So I brought and read the new number 1. it was a fun read, not sure if I would continue. I just have too many books. I was originally wasn't going to get both Cap books but had some good story points. Anyone else read this and what they think?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So I brought and read the new number 1. it was a fun read, not sure if I would continue. I just have too many books. I was originally wasn't going to get both Cap books but had some good story points. Anyone else read this and what they think?
    I really enjoyed it, it was a good opening to this series, fun with a lots of action, some mystery and even a bit of romance, everything you want from a book.

Tochi Onyebuchi seems to capture Sam's voice well and the art by R.B. Silva elevated the story, looking forward to the next issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I really enjoyed it, it was a good opening to this series, fun with a lots of action, some mystery and even a bit of romance, everything you want from a book.

Tochi Onyebuchi seems to capture Sam's voice well and the art by R.B. Silva elevated the story, looking forward to the next issue.
    It was about par for a first issue. Nothing in it really making me NOT get it for a few more issues. I was wondering is if that was who I thought in issue 0 and it was. spoilers:
    Hunter
    end of spoilers

I will say that I am miffed they did not say what Sam's shield is made of. Could have just put a line in there about it and been done with it.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-11-2022 at 03:21 PM.

This was more of an issue 2 with cap zero being the issue 1 but it was solid. Very nice art and action scenes though id use darker colors with RB silvas art. Also don't care for then bringing the goatee back on to cap, comic sam has always been better clean shaven to me but thats a nitpick.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    This was more of an issue 2 with cap zero being the issue 1 but it was solid. Very nice art and action scenes though id use darker colors with RB silvas art. Also don't care for then bringing the goatee back on to cap, comic sam has always been better clean shaven to me but thats a nitpick.
    Interesting I’m opposite I hated when they randomly shaved Sam & happy the goatee is back..

I think it was a strong first issue, and I look forward to reading this series. Sam is looking really formidable as Captain America so far.

I see Joaquin gave up on the secret identity. During Sam's first run as Cap, Joaquin would hide his wings under a coat (like Angel in 60s X-Men comics) and wear sunglasses to hide his mutated eyes, but here, he takes his helmet off in front of his cousin and the bad guys call him his surname, Torres. I wonder if he was outed during Outlawed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought it was pretty good too. Really enjoyed the art and the story. And Sam was kicking butt too! Last series really didn't do Sam justice with his fighting skills.

Sams' also got a solid supporting cast so far with Joaquin and Misty. I hope they add a few more characters to the mix.

Bear in mind, those two were also the main supporting cast of Sam's previous Captain America book.

Another character who would make sense to add is Patriot, Rayshaun Lucas, who was Sam's other sidekick (primarily in his last Falcon book) and Joaquin's Champions teammate, who debuted in Secret Empire. I can also see some of Black Panther's cast carrying over considering Wakanda seems to involved in the upcoming storyline.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I thought it was pretty good too. Really enjoyed the art and the story. And Sam was kicking butt too! Last series really didn't do Sam justice with his fighting skills.

Sams' also got a solid supporting cast so far with Joaquin and Misty. I hope they add a few more characters to the mix.
    Agreed, Sam and Joaquin always worked well together and so far I like the fun flirtatious tone to Sam and Misty relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bear in mind, those two were also the main supporting cast of Sam's previous Captain America book.

Another character who would make sense to add is Patriot, Rayshaun Lucas, who was Sam's other sidekick (primarily in his last Falcon book) and Joaquin's Champions teammate, who debuted in Secret Empire. I can also see some of Black Panther's cast carrying over considering Wakanda seems to involved in the upcoming storyline.
    Even if it is with a new name I hope we see Rayshaun and hopefully whether it is Sam's book or Steve's I hope that Eli can be used and they find a place for him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Agreed, Sam and Joaquin always worked well together and so far I like the fun flirtatious tone to Sam and Misty relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Even if it is with a new name I hope we see Rayshaun and hopefully whether it is Sam's book or Steve's I hope that Eli can be used and they find a place for him.

Mighty Member

CAPTAIN AMERICA: SYMBOL OF TRUTH #4
    TOCHI ONYEBUCHI (W) • R.B. SILVA (A/C)
    BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY LEO CASTELLANI
    Sam Wilson uncovers a plot that poses an imminent threat to both the U.S. and Wakanda — but Wakanda doesn’t want to play ball with Captain America. Faced with an impossible decision, Sam tries to do what’s best for both countries. But will his gamble pay off or cost him dearly? And what interest do the elusive White Wolf and his ally Crossbones have in the outcome?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA: SYMBOL OF TRUTH #4
    TOCHI ONYEBUCHI (W) • R.B. SILVA (A/C)
    BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY LEO CASTELLANI
    Sam Wilson uncovers a plot that poses an imminent threat to both the U.S. and Wakanda — but Wakanda doesn’t want to play ball with Captain America. Faced with an impossible decision, Sam tries to do what’s best for both countries. But will his gamble pay off or cost him dearly? And what interest do the elusive White Wolf and his ally Crossbones have in the outcome?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I disagree with Hunter that Sam would be a good fit for Wakanda, but maybe this'll be an interesting contrast in American politics and values versus Wakandan politics and values.