Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Do they still teach people that the US flag is never to touch the ground and what to do with it, if it does?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Do they still teach people that the US flag is never to touch the ground and what to do with it, if it does?
    I think the flag was in the ground and he’s picking it back up heroically

Been meaning to post this, but I read issue one of the Sam's new series. Really solid stuff. Seeing Silva draw Sam again is a delight. And I like Sam's questioning of himself especially to those who idealize Wakanda. Is Sam doing enough here in America? It seems both of those things will come to a head in future issues.

Still, with Sam having his own Captain America series, I'm truly inspired. Lots of stories are possible. For me, I would love to see a time travel story where Sam meets the Tuskegee Airmen. I envision a scene where he and a squadron of airmen are soaring over the skies. I could also see Isaiah Bradley Captain America involved in the story as well.

There is a possibility this could get into eye-rolling territory, I know. Black Captain Americas with Black WWII soldiers, the kind that are rolled out every Black History Month who's real story is glossed over. That's why the story has to be good. It has to deal with (or at least touch upon) the real issues that these Black American service members experienced at that time. Yes, there was heroism, but there was definitely that real racism. And of course, Sam and co. have to pull off some pretty awesome stuff.

Anyway, I look forward to future issues of this series.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Been meaning to post this, but I read issue one of the Sam's new series. Really solid stuff. Seeing Silva draw Sam again is a delight. And I like Sam's questioning of himself especially to those who idealize Wakanda. Is Sam doing enough here in America? It seems both of those things will come to a head in future issues.

Still, with Sam having his own Captain America series, I'm truly inspired. Lots of stories are possible. For me, I would love to see a time travel story where Sam meets the Tuskegee Airmen. I envision a scene where he and a squadron of airmen are soaring over the skies. I could also see Isaiah Bradley Captain America involved in the story as well.

There is a possibility this could get into eye-rolling territory, I know. Black Captain Americas with Black WWII soldiers, the kind that are rolled out every Black History Month who's real story is glossed over. That's why the story has to be good. It has to deal with (or at least touch upon) the real issues that these Black American service members experienced at that time. Yes, there was heroism, but there was definitely that real racism. And of course, Sam and co. have to pull off some pretty awesome stuff.

Anyway, I look forward to future issues of this series.
    Agreed and cosigned with all of this.

Falcon/ FalCap and The Tuskegee Airmen/ Red tails idea is superb.

Thanks for sharing and look forward to your thoughts on upcoming issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Agreed and cosigned with all of this.

Falcon/ FalCap and The Tuskegee Airmen/ Red tails idea is superb.

Thanks for sharing and look forward to your thoughts on upcoming issues.
    Thanks bro. To reiterate, if we see a FalCap/Tuskegee Airmen crossover, it has to be real. Yes, there is American heroism there, but there is American tragedy there as well. If any story were to happen, it has to be treated with respect and realism. I'd still like to see Sam and the Tuskegee Airman taking down Red Skull or Baron Zemo, but it also has to touch upon the discrimination and racism that these airmen faced. Also, before we get to that storyline, we need to see Sam build himself up more as Captain America.

Speaking of which, here is a preview for Captain America: Symbol of Truth #2:

"I am a man of peace."

Goregeous art here. Really like the use of Crossbones and political intrigue.
    "I am a man of peace."

Not often you see Wade and Sam together .

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Goregeous art here. Really like the use of Crossbones and political intrigue.
    Looks really good. I hope they can keep this creative team together for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well Sam usually isn't the stoic type so we'll see how Deadpool plays off of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well Sam usually isn't the stoic type so we'll see how Deadpool plays off of him.
    He kind of came off as stoic as Cap but that might've been him trying to own the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wilson and Wilson: Attorneys at Law.

I am enjoying this book, and I find the art beautiful... but I do find that the fights don't flow well artistically. I found it distracting in the first issue and again in this issue. It's kinda awkward to know what is happening during the fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Wilson and Wilson: Attorneys at Law.

I am enjoying this book, and I find the art beautiful... but I do find that the fights don't flow well artistically. I found it distracting in the first issue and again in this issue. It's kinda awkward to know what is happening during the fight scenes.
    Understood bro. It took me a while to gather my thoughts on the current issue. Reread it for good measure today and the art stood out to me. The art is beautiful and the action dynamic, but there was some confusion over what was going on in the scenes. There was something about the flow that didn't sit well with me.

This ties into my so-so feelings concerning this issue. There are good points about it to be sure. Political intrigue, international dilemmas, current events, soldiers, mercernaries, the Commission on Superhuman Affairs, Crossbones, Dr. Doom, these are definitely Captain America traits. However, I think Sam has to make them his own. He was very stoic this issue. True he was working off of Deadpool (loved the Wilson and Wilson joke), but I didn't get to see him really shine. In his previous times as Cap, Sam impressed me because of his tenacity. He headed into danger with just a pair or wings, the ability to talk to birds, and a shield. Or he settled tense situations by thinking and strategizing. Either he was an underdog or a tactician. Here, yes, he did great, but he had to be distinct in some way.

The potential is there. Sam is finding his role as Captain America. Still pulling for him.
    "I am a man of peace."

Sam was mentioned in the final issue of What If Miles Morales. One of Miles's AU counterparts is Captain America, and asked if the Cap in Earth-616 was black too. Our Miles said yes, he is, referring to Sam.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

A Crazy Wakanda Upgrade for Captain America​
    In Marvel’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: The Art of the Series, development concept illustrator Wesley Burt revealed some alternate abilities that Sam Wilson’s new Captain America shield would have had.

The artist discussed how he was “looking for a way to minimally add an element to the shield,” one which would “hint at the Wakandan upgrades before you see them used:”

"Ryan [Meinerding] asked some of the [Visual Development] department to take a little bit of time and think up some new ways that Sam could use the shield, more specific to him and his own physicality with it… when I was thinking about the tech rim piece, I was looking for a way to minimally add an element to the shield so as not to distract too much from the shield itself but still make it feel like it could have a believable tech addition and hint at the Wakandan upgrades before you see them used.”
    Captain America, Sam Wilson

Black Panther, Infinity War, Wakanda Marvel
    One version of this “Wakandan shield tech add-on” included “rim pieces shoot[ing] outwards and fill[ing] in to make a larger energy protective barrier.” The cherry on top? This energy would have the “Falcon wing motif in [its] design.”