Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But Sam is calling himself Captain America, not Falcon. He should wear the colors. It doesn't have to be an exact flag motif but it should have some semblance of the colors.

And I'm just not a fan of the rolled up sleeve look.
    I like the rolled up sleeve look......it's the "look" of a hard labor working man that makes him.look more like ordinary hard-working people. It's also a "look" is someone who is ready to dig in and do the work not posing around.

And finally, it makes him more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I like the rolled up sleeve look......it's the "look" of a hard labor working man that makes him.look more like ordinary hard-working people. It's also a "look" is someone who is ready to dig in and do the work not posing around.

And finally, it makes him more unique.
    That's great. I'm just not a fan of the rolled up sleeves and it wouldn't define Sam as someone who works hard. That would already be shown by Sam's actions.

Mighty Member

That's great. I'm just not a fan of the rolled up sleeves and it wouldn't define Sam as someone who works hard. That would already be shown by Sam's actions.
    U can not see "Sam's actions" on the costume.

In addition to what I stated earlier, I think the rolled up sleeve look makes Sam appear more badass .....but just my opinion anyways

BANNED

But Sam is calling himself Captain America, not Falcon. He should wear the colors. It doesn't have to be an exact flag motif but it should have some semblance of the colors.

And I'm just not a fan of the rolled up sleeve look.
    I already wrote that when he’s Captain America, he should wear the colors of the flag, but when he’s Falcon, there should be no blue on the costume at all. Falcon’s signature color is red, like how Hawkeye’s is purple. We’re not discussing a Captain America costume but a Falcon one. Dick Grayson called himself Batman, but his Nightwing costume still has the traditional colors.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-02-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Sam appeared in What If Miles Morales #1. With Miles as Cap and Tiana (usually Starling) as Falcon, Sam was instead cast in Nick Fury's role, complete with grey hair and eyepatch.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sam appeared in What If Miles Morales #1. With Miles as Cap and Tiana (usually Starling) as Falcon, Sam was instead cast in Nick Fury's role, complete with grey hair and eyepatch.
    Grey hair? So like EMH Fury.

Grey on the sides, like classic Nick.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I already wrote that when he’s Captain America, he should wear the colors of the flag, but when he’s Falcon, there should be no blue on the costume at all. Falcon’s signature color is red, like how Hawkeye’s is purple. We’re not discussing a Captain America costume but a Falcon one. Dick Grayson called himself Batman, but his Nightwing costume still has the traditional colors.
    I'm flexible when it comes to the Falcon's colors, primarily because when I was first introduced to Sam, he wore orange and green. I don't relate red (and whatever secondary color he chooses) as a character specific deal. I'd be absolutely fine if artists decided to revamp his costume and give him a different color set.

As for being Captain America, sure, visually it's nice if he uses the symbolic colors of the US flag. But it's not a deal breaker, IMHO. After all, just integrating the US Flag into a uniform is a violation of the law* and could be problematic for artists.

Personally, I like to think of the title of Captain America as a branch of the US Armed Forces unto itself. And like the other branches, the person chosen to be Captain America would be free to wear whatever color he/she/they chose. After all, it's the name, not the colors, which conveys the honor and distinction. I mean, think about the military. Do any of the formal uniforms of the Army, Air Force, Marines, Space Force, Coast Guard or Navy incorporate all three colors of the US flag? Of course not. And we don't question their honor or patriotism. Maybe that wouldn't be a bad approach for Captain America.

The only thing that I would insist on is that Sam should have two separate and distinctly colored uniforms: One he'd only wear when he's the Falcon. The second, he'd only wear when he's Captain America. That way when the public sees him, they call him by the appropriate name. But that's a rule that Marvel editors would have to be sticklers on enforcing. Because writers don't care about that sort of thing. And artists may not know any better.

*From Title 4 U.S. Code § 8:

(j)No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sam got that slick look!

Mighty Member

CAPTAIN AMERICA: SYMBOL OF TRUTH #3

TOCHI ONYEBUCHI (W) • R.B. SILVA (A/C)

ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

ON TRIAL IN LATVERIA!

Sam Wilson’s hunt for the source of a vibranium smuggling ring lands him in hot water with the one and only DOCTOR DOOM! Can Captain America escape Latveria with his life? And what dangerous secret has the Falcon, Joaquín Torres, stumbled across in his own hometown?

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-co...ations-covers/
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 04-21-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Broken link due to swear filter.

Fantastic Member

Was it ever explained why Sam went back to being Captain America again recently?
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Was it ever explained why Sam went back to being Captain America again recently?
    Well... He was Captain America in a recent comics where there was another Captain America... and another Captain America... and another Captain America... and etc... etc... etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Broken link due to swear filter.
    There is a game called ******in's Creed... Oh.... Stupid swear filter...