Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Doom is sooo Sammed!
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 04-23-2022 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Same here. I was supporting his solo series but all that Blackheart stuff just seemed like an odd place to take the character. I also didn't like the artist but I liked Sam's costume. I won't be watching anything with him as Captain America tho.
    I liked the new costume but that run was weird as hell. His sidekick’s shield is named Rihanna? Sam trying to get rival gangs to shake hands and stop fighting. ‘Blackheart, we coming for that ass??’ The heck was that supposed to be?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is he actually Captain America #9? So, Steve Rogers, Isaiah Bradley, Jeffrey Mace, William Nasland, William Burnside, John Walker, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson. That's eight. Did I miss someone?
    I think Priest had one back in the early 2000s.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I liked the new costume but that run was weird as hell. His sidekick’s shield is named Rihanna? Sam trying to get rival gangs to shake hands and stop fighting. ‘Blackheart, we coming for that ass??’ The heck was that supposed to be?
    My goodness. I know people like Black people to write black characters these days but black writers can be just as stereotypical as white writers.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Sam is #12 There is Bob Russo, Scar Turpin, Rosco Simons and David Rickford
    Yall forgot Danielle Cage in Gwenverse. Who for a little girl has been Thor and Captain America in different universes.

So everyone always says.
    They say that and find every single way to NOT support the book.

It's one thing to try a few issues and not be interested but not even looking at the book is another.

Would it be better for Marvel to see SOME support for a Falcon book or what we has seen?

Sam as CA did not hit below 20K until the end of his run around issue 19.
    Sam as himself different story.

So what does that leave Marvel to do?? What we see now.

This is an ongoing thing. Folks scream for original characters-especially those of color with someone of talent and then don't show up to support.

Meanwhile at Boom, Valiant and others this is NOT an issue. Why is it an issue at the big two?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yall forgot Danielle Cage in Gwenverse. Who for a little girl has been Thor and Captain America in different universes.

I was only including the ones I know in 616.

Please tell me some books from people with talent that amounted less support than a character getting demoted to a legacy replacement. Because I can't think of any cases.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

The Falcon series was pretty weird, I bought all 8 issues. I really liked Rayshaun though. Blackheart and vampires were the last thing I was expecting from a Falcon series. I also thought the gang storyline was kinda weird and outdated.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    The Falcon series was pretty weird, I bought all 8 issues. I really liked Rayshaun though. Blackheart and vampires were the last thing I was expecting from a Falcon series. I also thought the gang storyline was kinda weird and outdated.
    Looks like Joaquín Torres will be in Sam's new series I hope Rayshaun will be back too.

It's too bad that it still looks like there are issues about using Eli Bradley in the comics because would have liked him to show up in this book also.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I think a lot of that is what turned people off from the Falcon series. Add in they moved him to Chicago as opposed to setting his series in Harlem and using his family as a supporting cast and having him deal with real world issues facing his community.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Looks like Joaquín Torres will be in Sam's new series I hope Rayshaun will be back too.

It's too bad that it still looks like there are issues about using Eli Bradley in the comics because would have liked him to show up in this book also.
    I feel like Rayshaun's going to fade away now that it seems like Marvel has resolved their Bradley Family issue. Not that they've done much with Eli lately.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Rayshaun's going to fade away now that it seems like Marvel has resolved their Bradley Family issue. Not that they've done much with Eli lately.
    Didn't like Rayshaun...he just seemed forced to me. Like "hey...we can't use Eli...because reasons...here's another guy we are calling Patriot"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One-shot characters, and three of them are from the same 1970s arc. No wonder I didn't know about them.
    Roscoe
    Rules
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver