Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men Legends relaunches in May

Marvel Visionary Roy Thomas Kicks Off a New Era of ‘X-Men Legends’
    Roy Thomas teams up with artist Dave Wachter for a new tale set during his historic run on ‘X-Men’ in May’s ‘X-Men Legends’ #1.

X-MEN LEGENDS, the series where X-Men’s most celebrated creators return with new, in-continuity stories set during their classic runs, is back this May with an all-new #1! Coming on board to launch this extraordinary new era of the series will be industry pioneer Roy Thomas. The writer behind some of the X-Men’s most memorable Silver Age adventures will pen a new story set after his final issue and before GIANT-SIZE X-MEN. Teaming up with artist Dave Wachter, Thomas will revisit the early publication days of one his greatest co-creations—Wolverine!

Having redefined the merry mutants in two seminal runs on the book, Roy Thomas, at long last, returns to the saga of the X-Men! For the first time, readers will get new insight into Wolverine's government missions before his recruitment by Professor X (including unrevealed details on his battle with the green goliath in the iconic INCREDIBLE HULK #181-#182). This untold episode will also star Beast and a host of missing mutants, and reveal the secret behind Wolverine's costume!

“You could've knocked me over with one of the Angel's wing-feathers when editor Mark Basso invited me to scribe a two-part X-MEN LEGENDS story set back in the general period of the X-Men book during the period when I was originally writing it (as Stan Lee’s successor) in the latter 1960s,” Thomas said. “After some thought, it occurred to me that what would really be fun would be to write a story that took place right after the crashing of Wolverine into the Marvel Universe in ‘1974’—since, after conceiving the character in broad outline (and some specifics), I turned him over to the considerable writing skills of Len Wein, but have long kinda wished that I had scripted that story myself. This is the closest I'm gonna get—so I'm having a ball with it! (Artwork's pretty great, too!)”

Face front, True Believers! Get ready for an all-new volume of X-MEN LEGENDS with legendary creators and stories covering the length and breadth of X-Men history from the early eras to fan-favorite latter day sagas!

X-MEN LEGENDS #1
    Written by ROY THOMAS
    Art by DAVE WACHTER
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    Variant Covers by DAN JURGENS & NIKO HENRICHON
    On Sale 5/18
    Be kind, it's FREE

Oh Fudge more GodJammin Fudging Wolverine Marvel really tryna turn wolverine into their shorter, poorer, Batman
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

This seems amazing! Always love these stories set in between the scenes of continuity! Really hoping after Claremont does Gambit, he gets to do that Phoenix miniseries he always wanted to do about Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Oh Fudge more GodJammin Fudging Wolverine Marvel really tryna turn wolverine into their shorter, poorer, Batman

Not exactly unusual. I'm kind of curious, though, given Roy Thomas is writing it, and, hey, maybe we'll get to see the good Beast for once.

I'm definitely picking this up for obvious reasons, but I'm actually excited to see some more of Logan v Hulk.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

The entire concept of this series is what is wrong with X-Men, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The entire concept of this series is what is wrong with X-Men, tbh.
    Hmm How so??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmm How so??
    No Hellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Sounds like a good book for those clamoring for old school xmen and some mansion stories. i liked the original xmen legend series, may try this one out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

They dug out the worst X-Men logo (against some pretty stiff competition) for this, really?

Mighty Member

Nah. Give me an anthology series. One shot stories of random x-characters that are set in the current era

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    No Hellion.
    Now now, you see that little Laura tease on the cover? Hellion may well be in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Nah. Give me an anthology series. One shot stories of random x-characters that are set in the current era
    Given the choice I’d actually prefer this over Legends. I’m still enjoying it though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

Roy Thomas is still alive? He should be writing one of the regular X-titles instead!

I loved his writing , is this just a one issue thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm definitely picking this up for obvious reasons, but I'm actually excited to see some more of Logan v Hulk.
    Same. Looks good to me. Will give it a go.