Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

So between zero and never, what are the chances Claremont ever comes back to explain the events of the 6 month gap before Revolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As someone who always wondered why a character with Logan’s disposition would wear a sunny bright yellow outfit in the first place, consider me intrigued. I’m also a Wolverine fan, so that helps.
    The costume is a product of it's time, when colors had to bright and draw attention be it for villain or hero, sour or happy characters.
    To draw attention to it would mean to draw attention to the sliding time scale. So it's generaly advisable for writers and readers alike to just roll with it and write it off as grandfather clause, instead of trying to explain it in story and make it fit into modern sensibility or trends, which will then just make it even more arkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As someone who always wondered why a character with Logan’s disposition would wear a sunny bright yellow outfit in the first place, consider me intrigued. I’m also a Wolverine fan, so that helps.
    I always thought of the yellow as a warning: CAUTION ⚠ DANGER AHEAD. I think his Department H handlers were just too Canadian to not label their living weapon appropriately. He certainly didn't pick it for himself, at least initially. By the time Xavier recruited him, he just kept it, having become accustomed to it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    As for the Eighth Circle, I agree that we should have had more issues. But, throughout Fabian's X-Men and Gambit run it's never really explained what Mr. Sinister and Amanda Mueller wants. While it doesn't resolve those plotlines in terms of character arcs, it is possible that was because of Mike Carey's X-Men Legacy run. It still does resolve what the purpose of the Black Womb Project was: creating homo unitus, even if it doesn't give us the showdown between Gambit and Mr. Sinister or Gambit and Amanda Mueller that his original X-Men run and then his Gambit runs were building up to.

Personally, I think Fabian should return for a few more issues on this new volume. One to round out his Reignfire story in X-Force and one to resolve all the plot threads from his Gambit run.
    Yeah, Fabian should really return; his issues were the best from the previous volume and he was clearly interested to tell these stories to tie the abandoned plot threads. Externals were also his idea, sadly were few things were revealed about them and I would have liked to learn more.

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed the legends issues so far but I am not going to pick it up anymore. With this book, Gambit, Patch and the house of 90’s x-men book suddenly I am getting weird vibes about this many nostalgia books at once. I like this new era and I don’t want to give marvel the impression I want to go back to the mansion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I enjoyed the legends issues so far but I am not going to pick it up anymore. With this book, Gambit, Patch and the house of 90’s x-men book suddenly I am getting weird vibes about this many nostalgia books at once. I like this new era and I don’t want to give marvel the impression I want to go back to the mansion.
    I mean the House of X 90s version is literally transposing modern day onto the past, so that one doesn't really count.

Gambit and Patch I imagine only got greenlighted cause Legends was such a success, otherwise they probably would've just been arcs in this series.

Fantastic Member

GAMBIT2022001_Lee.jpgGAMBIT2021001_cvr_col.jpg
    GAMBIT #1 (OF 5)
    CHRIS CLAREMONT (W) • SID KOTIAN (A) • Cover by WHILCE PORTACIO
    VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    VARIANT COVER BY SALVADOR LARROCA
    VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY SCOTT WILLIAMS
    All-NEW ADVENTURES OF THE LEGENDARY THIEF BY CO-CREATOR CHRIS CLAREMONT!
    You think you know all there is to know about Remy LeBeau, the Ragin' Cajun, the mutant known as GAMBIT — but legendary X-scribe Chris
    Claremont has an ace up his sleeve with this new series! Before he joined the X-MEN, Gambit encountered a mysterious girl named 'RO —
    the mutant STORM regressed to her child self by the nefarious NANNY — and the two went up against the forces of the SHADOW KING!
    Now, revealed for the first time, Gambit finds his path to becoming the heroic X-Man millions of fans call their favorite! Joined by rising star artist Sid Kotian, Chris weaves a story of action, intrigue and revenge that made Gambit the mutant he is and forged his relationship with Storm. You'll get a charge out of this one, mon ami!
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Yes! The original was supposed to lead into Excalibur. It would've given a highlight on Rachel's past with Franklin and Power Pack in her future before it got changed (since Claremont has mosty written it as a changing future and not an alternate one). I'm not sure why it got canceled, but it did and of the Rachel miniseries, only True Friends saw the light of day (and even then, there's unresolved stuff with it like Logan's presence). Given that we see Rachel in her Hound form on the cover here, I'm hoping Claremont and Leonardi are finally getting to do it.
    Yes, it was supposed to explore her past in 811, her being so close with Franklin, being a New Mutant, and then also catch readers up on what was happening with her in the Mojoverse. They inked several pages of an issue but then it got canned for reasons. So part of it got exposed in True Friends, and other aspects were revealed in Days of Future Present. And he touched upon it more recently in the Uncanny X-Men 140.5.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yes, it was supposed to explore her past in 811, her being so close with Franklin, being a New Mutant, and then also catch readers up on what was happening with her in the Mojoverse. They inked several pages of an issue but then it got canned for reasons. So part of it got exposed in True Friends, and other aspects were revealed in Days of Future Present. And he touched upon it more recently in the Uncanny X-Men 140.5.
    Claremont did say, I think in his Reddit AMA, that he wanted to go back and finish it. Since Hound Rachel on the cover means we'll be seeing her this series, maybe it means we finally get it?

I'm hopeful, cause apparently Claremont said on his Facebook that Gambit isn't the end and he has more X-Men stuff coming.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Oh Fudge more GodJammin Fudging Wolverine Marvel really tryna turn wolverine into their shorter, poorer, Batman
    It would be funny if it wasn't so sad, that as SOON as Hickman left, Marvel ran back to the Wolverine well. Which demonstrates for me at least, they don't have to oversaturate the market, they choose to because he's a guarantee.

That’s last month’s complaint. Now with the Destiny of X officially kicked off we have Immortal X-men, X-men, X-men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, New Mutants, and Knights of X… all of which are Wolverine-free… well, except for Duggan’s X-men book. It has Laura. So maybe I should’ve said “Logan-free” instead.

Regardless, instead of griping about Wolverine getting an event while the line was revamped back in Jan/Feb/March, go out and buy and enjoy all those Logan-free titles that are now available to you as an X-fan. He’s only in X-Force and his solo book right now. And Legends of course, for the next story. But after that I’m sure it will focus on someone else.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So between zero and never, what are the chances Claremont ever comes back to explain the events of the 6 month gap before Revolution?
    I'm sure he'd love to tell that and many other stories, but Marvel doesn't seem to be interested in publishing them, although something could be changing in the coming months if rumours are to be believed.

I would especially love to read an X-Men Legends book on the Jean/Betsy power-swap during the 6 month gap. It's crazy that to this day Betsy, and now even Kwannon, are displaying telekinetic powers that were never really theirs and it's never been explained how they got them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm sure he'd love to tell that and many other stories, but Marvel doesn't seem to be interested in publishing them, although something could be changing in the coming months if rumours are to be believed.

I would especially love to read an X-Men Legends book on the Jean/Betsy power-swap during the 6 month gap. It's crazy that to this day Betsy, and now even Kwannon, are displaying telekinetic powers that were never really theirs and it's never been explained how they got them.
    This is the final double size issue (12) of the series drawn by Milo Manara. Lol jk. I’d buy/read

Stories that need to be told include the switching of Psylocke and Jeans powers.

What cyclops did after he got possessed by Apocalypse.

What the hell happened to Dazzler after she disappeared between outback xmen and xmen blue team

I want more detail around Cable’s relationship with Moira and Xavier back when he first returned to this era, especially with what we now know about them in light of House of X/Powers of X.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”