Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Tengen Uzui (Demon Slayer) runs a gauntlet

With the completion of the Entertainment District arc in Demon Slayer, we've got a lovely anime adaptation of Uzui doing combat.

Thought it might be fun to put him through a gauntlet.

> See my Demon Slayer speed breakdown here. Contains spoilers from the later chapter of the manga. - By my reckoning Uzui is somewhere in the mid-high end bullet timer range.

It's hard to find clips from the anime that haven't been utterly mangled in the edit to get past bots, but I'll see what I can find.

- Uzui vs Gyutaro Part 1 (loosely establishing their speed dynamics)

- Uzui vs Gyutaro Part 2 (Uzui is poisoned here)

- Uzui vs Gyutaro Part 3 (Uzui is down a hand and poisoned at this point but is going pretty all out).

So... to the gauntlet...

Let's throw him at the following:

1) Miyamoto Musashi (Grappler Baki)
    2) Cassandra Cain and Lady Shiva (Post Crisis versions) - they get swords and Cass has her utility belt
    3) Yulaw (The One)
    4) MCU Team "Let's Fight Thanos," [Iron Man (Bleeding Edge), Spider-Man (Iron Spider suit), Starlord, Dr Strange, Mantis, Drax]
    5) Iron Fist (616)
    6) The First Age Gank Squad - Working on the basis that Uzui is immune to the Fingolfin terror aura.
    7) Wonder Woman (DCEU)

How far does he get?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-17-2022 at 06:32 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Feeling a tad called out by some of the choices, here. ^_^

Okay, I have some problems judging this guy. Like, the final video - he needs to power up to reach that level? Looks that way, but I could be wrong. Also, is his durability consistent between all videos (ie, if he DOES power up for the final video, is his durability still the same in the first two videos or does that improve as well)? Speed in the first two videos IS hard to judge - some nebulous level of 'crosses short distances in a blink and attacks faster than the eye can see'. Bullet timer? Maybe.

I can't really figure out more, though, until I find out if his final vid against Guytaro is something he can just jump to, or if he needs to jack himself up to do this (talks about 'finishing his score' - musical, based on the other stuff - before he starts moving at truly redonkulous speeds, blowing up vast sections of stony road with missed strikes, fighting in the middle of gigantic explosions, etc).

Edit: Assuming we use your speed breakdown as a basis for his speed, he's at the least starting at bullet-time (if Tanjiro is indeed fairly past CBPH and Uzui disappears from his sight, dodging his attack like it's nothing when the headbutt is almost in his face, that's...getting pretty up there). I would honestly think higher, because people faster than CBPH shouldn't be blitzed by a bog-standard bullet-timer.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-17-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Feeling a tad called out by some of the choices, here. ^_^
    We like similar stuff haha and the gank squad is always fun to reference.

Okay, I have some problems judging this guy. Like, the final video - he needs to power up to reach that level? Looks that way, but I could be wrong. Also, is his durability consistent between all videos (ie, if he DOES power up for the final video, is his durability still the same in the first two videos or does that improve as well)? Speed in the first two videos IS hard to judge - some nebulous level of 'crosses short distances in a blink and attacks faster than the eye can see'. Bullet timer? Maybe.

I can't really figure out more, though, until I find out if his final vid against Guytaro is something he can just jump to, or if he needs to jack himself up to do this (talks about 'finishing his score' - musical, based on the other stuff - before he starts moving at truly redonkulous speeds, blowing up vast sections of stony road with missed strikes, fighting in the middle of gigantic explosions, etc).
    He doesn't need to power up or anything, the final sequence is just him in try-hard-do-or-die mode. It's a bit massacred by the editing in clips but the musical score bit is in reference to a technique that allows him to read/predict Gyutaro's moves rather than him powering up his stats.

He can just jump to that level, albeit that's him committing all resources in a do or die context. He doesn't bust that level out just as a matter of course.

Edit: Assuming we use your speed breakdown as a basis for his speed, he's at the least starting at bullet-time (if Tanjiro is indeed fairly past CBPH and Uzui disappears from his sight, dodging his attack like it's nothing when the headbutt is almost in his face, that's...getting pretty up there). I would honestly think higher, because people faster than CBPH shouldn't be blitzed by a bog-standard bullet-timer.
    My general feeling is that standard Hashira are like "mid to high," bullet timers, they concretely get to high level when they manifest their marks but Uzui never does this.

Him pretty quick though.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So...my thoughts. Keep in mind that I am NOT 100% familiar with the character, so I might be overselling or underselling him.

1) Miyamoto Musashi (Grappler Baki)

- Musashi, best of my knowledge, is neither a bullet-timer nor someone who can withstand swords that explode stone streets into craters. He loses.

2) Cassandra Cain and Lady Shiva (Post Crisis versions) - they get swords and Cass has her utility belt

- If the guy goes balls-to-the-wall from the start, he should be able to wreck Shiva based on speed. Given the gigantic explosions and the durability he shows, I don't think Cass is taking this, especially if he can at some point fire up his own version of combat precog. It just all seems a bridge too far.

3) Yulaw (The One)

- Yulaw is NOT immune to being cut, certainly doesn't hit harder than this guy does when he's going nutso, and I'm going to say he loses this also.

4) MCU Team "Let's Fight Thanos," [Iron Man (Bleeding Edge), Spider-Man (Iron Spider suit), Starlord, Dr Strange, Mantis, Drax]

- Issue here is going to be he can't put down both Iron Man and Strange before either of them gets some altitude. Unless Uzui can actually reach them when they're hundreds of feet up, we're into bombardment/Crimson Band equivalents, and now it's Uzui who is in trouble. I don't think he takes this one based on that, so no need to discuss the other characters.

5) Iron Fist (616)

- The issue here is that Danny can explode the area as he enters combat. I don't know how MUCH that is going to injure Uzui, but if it does, I don't like his odds. If it does...we're into a situation where guys who have seemingly comparable speeds (need to get nitpicky about who is faster) and rather lethal weapons (Iron Fist, swords because Danny is certainly not immune to getting cut in half by a guy who, again, makes enormous craters in stone roadways with his swords) trying to off each other. Any thoughts/further ideas about special techniques that might seal the deal?

6) The First Age Gank Squad - Working on the basis that Uzui is immune to the Fingolfin terror aura.

- He has them rather handily in the speed department, though there's some argument that the Eldar may very well be able to at least try to fight him without getting blitzed; again, Legolas can pull out an arrow and nock it faster than the eyes can see, and Legolas is absolute dirt compared to some of these guys. If they can fight him, it could be troublesome; loads of them are wearing some pretty darned good armor and are tough as nails, to say the least. And kitted out with powerful weapons capable of doing stuff like 'cut through iron like it's nothing more than cloth', or 'cripple Morgoth'.

And there are a LOT of them. Granted, without feats some of them are getting blitzed into paste, but there are arguments for Túrin and Beren (out of the humans) being flat-out as fast as Eldar (given they have both straight-up overwhelmed Eldar, in Beren's case doing so against a Son of Fëanor). Húrin is also a guy who basically one-man slaughters his way through an army (including seventy armored trolls, that feat accomplished with an axe that was basically melting in his hands due to the troll-blood) essentially just fine, and only gets dragged down/caught when absolutely swarmed with countless orcs who are basically sacrificing themselves to drag him to the ground.

Oooo, 'magic' (Tolkien would probably object to calling it that, but it's as good a word as any). There's that. Finrod actually has feats for songs of power that spin illusions, confuse minds and eyes, and has straight-up contested Sauron in 'magical' combat (he lost, but hung in there for a while).

It's really the speed that's the issue here.

I feel if the Gank Squad can hold out long enough for Finrod to start with the mojo (and there ARE a lot of them), they take this IF this guy has no demonstrated resistance against illusions, etc.

If not, we're back to a discussion on 'what kind of speed do the Eldar actually have, and is it enough, or can they withstand this human wrecking ball long enough for him to gas out somewhat?'

Hard to call it.

7) Wonder Woman (DCEU)

- Here, I feel Diana easily has the speed to compete (the whole turning around and look at a bullet then flick it with the lasso), a lot of durability, and some pretty impressive weapons (sword she uses to cut through the Doomsday character, lasso, shield). Unless this guy has some special techniques of which I am unaware, I'm edging toward Diana.

Mileage may vary, am curious to hear other thoughts.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate