Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    "Commander Kent, would you please fly out and do a scan of that class M plan? Our probe is running into interference."

"Aye, Captain."
    I dunno, the main things to mess with Star Trek scanners is wacky radiation and wacky metals, the two things that canonically also mess with Superman.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I dunno, the main things to mess with Star Trek scanners is wacky radiation and wacky metals, the two things that canonically also mess with Superman.
    That's true. Picard, at least, would insist he's sent out with a space suit and communication device. (I'm sure Kirk would too.) Could make for an interesting "What if" story. The probe fails. Commander Kent flies into an area of interference but the radiation messes with his powers too, and they have to either try to lock onto him, and beam him up- or they cant and have to try to use the tractor beam or risk sending in a shuttle- to an area that just took out Superman. That's an episode right there!

If we really want to have fun we should put Clark on a crew with Janeway.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If we really want to have fun we should put Clark on a crew with Janeway.
    He flies back to Earth, avoiding red sun systems. The Federation learns what happened to Voyager very soon after its relocation to the Delta Quadrant.

Astonishing Member

A question, is current Supes able to fly to between galaxies in real time as PC Supes was? I recall Superboy and Supergirl flying to Andromeda for a picnic like we were going to the park.

They didn't worry about running out of yellow sun energy? Such speed fights would be a major asset to Star Fleet for reconnaissance and exploration. Supes' telescopic interstellar vision would also be a major asset. Don't know if current versions can do this. Towing planets would be useful as he could do it in FTL.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    A question, is current Supes able to fly to between galaxies in real time as PC Supes was? I recall Superboy and Supergirl flying to Andromeda for a picnic like we were going to the park.

They didn't worry about running out of yellow sun energy? Such speed fights would be a major asset to Star Fleet for reconnaissance and exploration. Supes' telescopic interstellar vision would also be a major asset. Don't know if current versions can do this. Towing planets would be useful as he could do it in FTL.
    Yeah, often Supes doesn't need to worry about running out of "juice" depending on the incarnation. If I were writing a "what if" with Superman on the Enterprise I'd probably write in one of the weaker versions of Kal El, where he runs out of solar juice after a week or so. Like the version in "Superman vs. Aliens" for more dramatic effect. Otherwise, it's no fun having him on the crew of the Enterprise.

Or, conversely, say there is a full powered, near-cosmic Kal-el out there who joins Starfleet. He probably wouldn't be on a ship like the Enterprise. Why does he need this large ship. He's Superman! He could benefit from a small ship designed around his capability with a small support science research staff. Maybe he'd still have a captain and such, but perhaps the ship would be designed to support him and his abilities. Starfleet recognizes the asset they have in him, for exploration and defense, and gives him a lot of latitude.

BANNED

what if a portal opened and the freiza force showed up? what would happen?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    He flies back to Earth, avoiding red sun systems. The Federation learns what happened to Voyager very soon after its relocation to the Delta Quadrant.
    To be fair, the OP says it's the Superman from the "documentary" Man of Steel. I don't think that Superman even flew Interplanetary distances on his own power did he?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!