Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Whirlwind sounds like way more of a menace then I figured he'd be. But it's nice to know that Ant-Man and Wasp's rogues galleries do have some threatening foes in the mix. I hope he doesn't try to get to Janet by trying to hurt Nadia or something sinister like that. Has Nadia ever fought Whirlwind?
    They went really dark with Whirlwind with the whole stalker and killing prostitutes thing.

It's always amusing when villains have even goofy names and then try to reinvent themselves. That reminds me of when Speed Demon use to be the Whizzer lol.
    Or good old Paste Pot Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They went really dark with Whirlwind with the whole stalker and killing prostitutes thing.

Or good old Paste Pot Pete.
    Yeah! Remember when they had a team-up against Cap after their "upgrades"?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-07-2022 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I had a question, fellow Wasp fans. What are some really good Janet Van Dyne stories worth reading and getting into? I would love to read some good Wasp material in celebration for her mini coming in 2023. So my friends what are some good runs for the OG female size changer? My first real exposure for Janet came in the form of "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" cartoon that sadly ended way too soon.

I had a question, fellow Wasp fans. What are some really good Janet Van Dyne stories worth reading and getting into? I would love to read some good Wasp material in celebration for her mini coming in 2023. So my friends what are some good runs for the OG female size changer? My first real exposure for Janet came in the form of "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" cartoon that sadly ended way too soon.
    I would check out Kurt Busiek and Roger Sterns' Avengers run. Not specifically Janet focused, but she has a great spotlight in those runs.

Also in the Unstoppable Wasp. The protagonist is Nadia/Wasp II but Janet also gets a lot of paneltime as the series goes on and aside from one instance I was pretty happy with the way she was written in that book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would check out Kurt Busiek and Roger Sterns' Avengers run. Not specifically Janet focused, but she has a great spotlight in those runs.

Also in the Unstoppable Wasp. The protagonist is Nadia/Wasp II but Janet also gets a lot of paneltime as the series goes on and aside from one instance I was pretty happy with the way she was written in that book.
    Absolutely yes to both the Stern and Busiek runs -- the Stern run in particular is when Jan really blossomed. Jan takes over as Avengers chairman in #217; Stern's run starts in #227 and Jan steps down from active duty in #278 although she does return in #283-285 as part of Stern's "Assault On Olympus" arc.

As for Busiek's run, Jan is basically a constant presence in the book from #16 through to #55, although she does miss the odd issue here and there when there is a spotlight story on someone. She joins the active roster as the new chairman in #27 and remains in that role for the rest of Busiek's run, although she guest starred as a reserve in #1-4, 10-11 and 16-25. In terms of Busiek's work you might also look at his AVENGERS FOREVER miniseries, which assembled a team of Avengers from various points in the past, present and future. Jan is one of two Avengers from the present included and she ends up in command of the team.

Jan also had a long stint with the WEST COAST AVENGERS. She had some nice moments here and there in that, but its not as great for Wasp as the Stern and Busiek runs overall.

I also liked her guest spot in SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #105-106 by Peter David, which also guest starred Paladin--a casual love interest of Jan's.

MARVEL TEAM-UP #59 and 60 are also noteworthy as Jan and Hank both get a power upgrade there.

In the spirit of the holidays, my recommendation would be...

Ant-Man's Big Christmas

Thanks for all the Wasp recommendations so Sterns and Busiek runs. And Big Christmas lol.

SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #105-106 Guest Starring the WASP is a great (mostly) solo adventure.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Hey there, ComicNoobie!

I like the Avengers with the new Roster era (@#151) onward and West Coast Avengers that Wasp joined for a time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey there, ComicNoobie!

I like the Avengers with the new Roster era (@#151) onward and West Coast Avengers that Wasp joined for a time.
    I'll add it to my "Wasp watch list" I must be Wasp informed before the mini next year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

MARVEL TEAM-UP #59 and 60 are also noteworthy as Jan and Hank both get a power upgrade there.
    Definitely one of the best stories for Hank and Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey there, ComicNoobie!

Yes, and it fits within the range of Avengers stories I listed, @ after the events in 162 but before #164 begins.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more. Simply can't resist the team of...

The Wasp & Yellowjacket

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more. Simply can't resist the team of...

The Wasp & Yellowjacket

Yes, indeed!

Great artwork, great colors and costumes, hair....everything perfecto!

This scene was at the end, after Jan thought Hank was blown up in the fuel truck explosion! But Hank shrunk and rode the blast wave and was only unconscious.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Well, its not a run but this issue of Micronauts had a good Wasp story in it.

Micronauts.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker