Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

I like the art! And the flashbacks with Hank .

Janet has kind of mastered the "strip into your costume" shtick .

Kind of wonder what the pack is for?

Are those pages Nadia doing some research, and Janet explaining to her about her origins and relationship with Hank? They're both looking sad there for some reason.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I thought these things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are those pages Nadia doing some research, and Janet explaining to her about her origins and relationship with Hank? They're both looking sad there for some reason.
    They seemed sad to me too.

While these panels did not need words (at least not for those aware of the history), is the entire issue wordless?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Some real evocative art here! Reminds me of Kate Niemczyk, of Mockingbird (2016) fame.

Getting it 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

At least she has her costume on underneath

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jan is probably reminiscing about why she became the Wasp in the first place (her dad got killed). Nadia is probably thinking about the fact that her own dad is also dead. Something more for those two to bond over.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought these things too.

They seemed sad to me too.

While these panels did not need words (at least not for those aware of the history), is the entire issue wordless?
    I know, right?! Reminds me of the 'Nuff Said "event" that Marvel pulled back in 2001/2002

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-03-2022 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

No, this is an unlettered preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Some real evocative art here! Reminds me of Kate Niemczyk, of Mockingbird (2016) fame.
    That's because it IS her. She's just going by a different version of her name these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That's because it IS her. She's just going by a different version of her name these days.
    Yoooo no way! Excellent news. Her\Chelsea Cain's Man Eaters were also some fine comic-booking.

Pulling for sure. Go Wasp 2023!

Kind of a random question, but who would be considered a arch nemesis for Janet? I know Hank has like Egghead (lol) but who would be considered Janet's arc nemesis and could they make a appearance in this new mini for her?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Kind of a random question, but who would be considered a arch nemesis for Janet? I know Hank has like Egghead (lol) but who would be considered Janet's arc nemesis and could they make a appearance in this new mini for her?
    Unless things have changed, my first thought would always be...

Whirlwind

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-05-2022 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Yeah, Whirlwind and his obsession with her is the closest Jan's got to a nemesis.

I see. Then I wonder if Whirlwind will make a appearance in the Wasp mini and acknowledge himself as the Wasp's arch nemesis!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Unless things have changed, my first thought would always be...

Whirlwind

Yes, quite true!

But also: the Living Laser had a thing for Jan when he first captured her.

Personally, I also think the Collector did as well. We never learned how he captured Jan in his original appearance, but he did so while she was at Wasp-size somewhere and kept her in a tiny glass vial until Wanda hexed it. During the Enemy/Korvac Saga, he again tried to capture Jan in a flying trap, but Jan flew into his face with her increased strength!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-05-2022 at 02:04 PM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I see. Then I wonder if Whirlwind will make a appearance in the Wasp mini and acknowledge himself as the Wasp's arch nemesis!
    The preview pages confirm Whirlwind will be appearing.

Yes, quite true!

But also: the Living Laser had a thing for Jan when he first captured her.
    True, but his obsession with her got dropped over time as Whirlwind's obsession grew and overtook it and Living Laser shifted to be more a part of Iron Man's rogues gallery.

Some resident of the planet Kosmos could potentially become a major foe for Jan, since her origin is linked there--it was the "Creature from Kosmos" that killed her father and led to her becoming the Wasp in the first place.

I suppose in theory Dr. Alice Nugent could get developed into a Jan villain as well. She is a scientist who posed as Hank's lab assistant but was secretly the owner of the company they worked for...she said she only claimed to be his assistant in order to study his research methods without him feeling like the boss was watching over his shoulder. It was also implied at one point that Hank and Alice had slept together after Hank and Jan's divorce. Alice was secretly working with Ultron behind the scenes in Kurt Busiek's AVENGERS run (which was never exposed to the Avengers), and sometime later she ended up getting the power prism and joining the Squadron Sinister as the new Doctor Spectrum and fighting the Thunderbolts.

Although the two of them have never clashed so far, there is a bit of a connection between Jan and Alice through Hank Pym so that could potentially be developed into something. Jan also has a history with the power prism since it once possessed her body.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    True, but his obsession with her got dropped over time as Whirlwind's obsession grew and overtook it and Living Laser shifted to be more a part of Iron Man's rogues gallery.
    After the Giant-sized Annual, I think it more "switched" onto Wanda, but only because the next 2 times he appeared (going by memory here, @79) Wasp was not with the Avengers and the time after that, @153, Wanda was the one at Brand Corp who faced him (alone) when she got wounded by gunfire. Then, he got too busy helping to mezmorize the Whizzer into attacking the Avengers and helping to revive Wonder Man.