Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Holy smokes! A swarm of Wasp! They gonna form a hive lol. Seriously though, this is cool. Love to see more of Janet a founding member of the Avengers.
    Lol, yes!

I love seeing all of these iconic costumes that remind of a time or event in Jan's life, such as the few costumes when Jan needed gas/capsules to change size.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

By Russell Dauterman.
    Of all the characters he’s done this cover for, this is the one I’ve most been looking forward to.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a lot of costumes... and I'm guessing nowhere near all of them, since Janet changed costumes a lot in the 20th century - it's only around 2000ish when she finally settled on one look, that one at the front right is I believe her longest running suit, lasting from pre-Bendis Avengers all the way to All-New Wolverine after Secret Wars (a period of around 15 years) - then she got the current one (shown here to the left of her mutated mid-90s self) in Uncanny Avengers.

The one just above the signature is Ultimate Wasp. That version only ever had one costume, right?
    I think she had a red suit in Jeph Loeb's run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

By Russell Dauterman.
    Gorgeous! I am delighted to see Wasp getting one of these Dauterman costume gallery covers--Janet is obviously the prime candidate for it!

Just looking at that cover brings big smile to my face, and its so fun being reminded of the various different outfits and remembering the different stories they turned up in (at least for most of them--there's at least one costume on there that doesn't ring a bell for me at all, with the blue cape and headdress).

I love how Jan's costumes designs had such a wide variety to them. She never felt constrained to have her costume design or colour scheme match her code name and power set. She has costumes using basically every colour of the rainbow -- some going with the logical black-and-yellow theme, and many going in entirely different directions. Some that go more risque and show a lot of skin, and some that cover her almost completely from head to toe. Some that are definitely "superhero costume" outfits, and some that she could double as civilian clothing in certain situations.

Janet clearly just had fun with her costume designs for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Holy smokes! A swarm of Wasp! They gonna form a hive lol. Seriously though, this is cool. Love to see more of Janet a founding member of the Avengers.
    Lol, yes!

I love seeing all of these iconic costumes that remind of a time or event in Jan's life, such as the few costumes when Jan needed gas/capsules to change size.
    Indeed. Let's also not forget that she's the one who gave the team their name...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you're talking about the Joe Mad version, then that's the one that I remember...

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-19-2022 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Didn't Jan have flings with Paladin and Hawkeye also?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Gorgeous! I am delighted to see Wasp getting one of these Dauterman costume gallery covers--Janet is obviously the prime candidate for it!

Just looking at that cover brings big smile to my face, and its so fun being reminded of the various different outfits and remembering the different stories they turned up in (at least for most of them--there's at least one costume on there that doesn't ring a bell for me at all, with the blue cape and headdress).

I love how Jan's costumes designs had such a wide variety to them. She never felt constrained to have her costume design or colour scheme match her code name and power set. She has costumes using basically every colour of the rainbow -- some going with the logical black-and-yellow theme, and many going in entirely different directions. Some that go more risque and show a lot of skin, and some that cover her almost completely from head to toe. Some that are definitely "superhero costume" outfits, and some that she could double as civilian clothing in certain situations.

Janet clearly just had fun with her costume designs for herself.
    That's why she's the best Superhero fashionista in the Marvel Universe .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by readymatrimony View Post
    Didn't Jan have flings with Paladin and Hawkeye also?
    She did. The Paladin fling was during the Stern run, while the Hawkeye thing was during the Chuck Austen run.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

If you're talking about the Joe Mad version, then that's the one that I remember...

[/center]
    I remember Joe Mad's first issue of The Ultimates he drew Jan as looking Caucasian even though the Ultimate Jan was supposed to Asian-american

The one just above the signature is Ultimate Wasp. That version only ever had one costume, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a black/yellow striped midriff baring Ultimate Wasp outfit as well...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Carlos Pacheco (R.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Carlos Pacheco (R.I.P.)

Some great looking Avengers!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

That's a lot of costumes... and I'm guessing nowhere near all of them, since Janet changed costumes a lot in the 20th century - it's only around 2000ish when she finally settled on one look, that one at the front right is I believe her longest running suit, lasting from pre-Bendis Avengers all the way to All-New Wolverine after Secret Wars (a period of around 15 years) - then she got the current one (shown here to the left of her mutated mid-90s self) in Uncanny Avengers.

It looks pretty thorough -- even her one-shot from Avengers #100 -- though it's a bit obstructed by the FA Wasp in the foreground. But from Perez era, the one from #201 is missing, I think he got the rest -- even the one in which Michael/Korvac debuted and she teamed with Nighthawk to fight the Porcupine. I love that violet/purple one from #161. Looks like something from the Cockrum era of Legion of Super Heroes.

Are those scans for the Wasp mini coming out next year? If so I am intrigued by what the plot could be.