Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default New Comixology page help

Anyone else having a lot of problems with the switch over. I had to call the help desk to even find where my books were. Also if everything two pages now...so guided view is gone? Also why isn't CBR covering this...this seems like a big story?

I'm not having any problems with the app, except that I can't buy anything through it at the moment. (It doesn't support Canada yet.) Guided view certainly worked, I turned it on by accident last night. I don't use the web page very often, though I was on it last night to buy graphic novels and didn't have a problem.

It was a bit of a shock having all my comics disappear from the app yesterday, but they re-downloaded faster than they would have in the old app.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Anyone else having a lot of problems with the switch over. I had to call the help desk to even find where my books were. Also if everything two pages now...so guided view is gone? Also why isn't CBR covering this...this seems like a big story?
    My books are apparently completely gone, which sucks
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    My books are apparently completely gone, which sucks
    After chatting with amazon support the accounts have now been merged and most of the books appear to be there but the interface is horrible.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-17-2022 at 05:40 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mostly disastrous. Looks like they had their Kindle Book dept design it.Who apparently don't read comics and don't care. A complete FU to Comixology users.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ii contacted Amazon Customer services and it too a full hour, two chats and a phone call, before I was told I was speaking to the wrong customer service and that I needed to contact the Comixology customer service. I'm being sent an email with the contact information.

If my library is gone for good, I'm going to try and get some kind of compensation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

I have at least my recent purchases (I haven't looked for any older ones), but since I have heretofore been reading the comics on my PC on the Comixology Web site in my browser, that reading experience has now gone away. Instead, I have to read them on my PC in the Kindle app, which doesn't allow guided view and which shrinks double-page splash panels so small that the word balloons are illegible. Without guided view, many of the panels are simply too small to read (with my aged eyes and trifocals). I have thousands of books in my library, and now I can't read them. I therefore see no reason to make any further purchases from the former Comixology,

My husband suggested [I'm not sure how serious he was] that if enough people lose access to the materials they had previously purchased then there should be a Class Action Lawsuit against Amazon/Comixology to collect restitution for the money spent on these comics.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My library disappeared, then came back in stages, think all back this morning, though not carefully double checked.

My reaction when it all went was “Jeez, just how much have I spent on that over the last few years?”. (A few items here and there…buy in drips and drabs…doesn’t feel like spending much, but boy it adds up.)

It would have helped if Amazon had warned what was going to happen!

Not looked much at user interface yet…but immediate gut reaction is that it’s substantially worse than the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I have at least my recent purchases (I haven't looked for any older ones), but since I have heretofore been reading the comics on my PC on the Comixology Web site in my browser, that reading experience has now gone away. Instead, I have to read them on my PC in the Kindle app, which doesn't allow guided view and which shrinks double-page splash panels so small that the word balloons are illegible. Without guided view, many of the panels are simply too small to read (with my aged eyes and trifocals). I have thousands of books in my library, and now I can't read them. I therefore see no reason to make any further purchases from the former Comixology,
    I read most of my comics on an Apple tablet using Comixolgy app.

Just tried reading part of a comic there…that does allow guided view still.

Not tried much else…will do later, but need to go and do a bit of shopping first, before weather gets worse. (Storm Eunice is forecast in large parts of UK, though think will avoid it where I am.)

This "upgrade" (more like downgrade) is absolutely horrible. And I say that as someone who mostly buys from Amazon rather than directly from comixology.

What I hate most about it? Not easily finding the new releases that are released throughout the week. I loved being able to go into the app or website on Tuesday and seeing what's releasing on Tuesday. Same for Wednesday and also what's added in on Thursday. There doesn't seem to be a clear way to do that now. I made a lot of digital collection purchases through Amazon this way, but since they've made it too difficult, I can see me making very limited purchases since I won't easily know about them. New single issues are a different story and I can keep up with those at least.

Incredible Member

I've lost 90% of my library. Are we just supposed to take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I've lost 90% of my library. Are we just supposed to take it?
    If it’s like mine over a period of hours the missing ones will slowly get added, till all back.

Amazon haven’t planned it very well, but realistically they will sort it one way or another. They will be getting plenty of complaints right now, and will be doing things to deal with it.

Being a lazy git…if I was you I’d just sit back, give them a couple of days to deal with it, then if your entire library not back by then contact the Amazon helpline.

Astonishing Member

Amazon has been planning to discontinue to Comixology site for a long time now. Why, the, in all that time did they not figure out just how to do it? there was no need to discontinue the old Comixology app or the Comixology Web reader, both of which worked fine. The Kindle app is ill-suited for reading comics, so why are their customers being forced to use it? And I don't see how the "organization" of new releases on the Amazon site will possibly lead to much in the way of sales. The way things are selectively thrown together there, you now basically already have to know that a particular book is coming out in order to know to go buy it. It's hard to understand why so little planning and effort was apparently devoted to this long-promised merging of the sites.

Ack!

I've been long using the Comixology website instead of the apps.
    But now it seems that individual floppies are going to get lost in the shuffle amongst all the trade paperbacks.

After a bit of exploration, I did find that you can view the week's new releases.
    You have to go to the 'New Releases' page, then scroll down six rows to 'All New Releases'.
    It's a pain to have to dig for it, but you can also filter it by publisher, and by week.
    I tested it out and went back to August/September 2011 for DC to see how accurate it was. Seemed pretty accurate, as far as what was digitally released those weeks.

I do like this feature, as I would sometimes skip a week or two in Comixology and not know what all came out past a week or two prior, because it didn't go back that far for new releases.

However, I also miss the 'recently reduced' list.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-18-2022 at 08:04 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.