Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My husband suggested [I'm not sure how serious he was] that if enough people lose access to the materials they had previously purchased then there should be a Class Action Lawsuit against Amazon/Comixology to collect restitution for the money spent on these comics.
    I was actually thinking about the same thing last night. I've spent a lot of money on digital comics from Comixology with the promise that I'd always have access to these books. They've now broken that promise. If they don't correct the problems soon I really think a class action lawsuit might be needed. I'm not just a reader but also an Indie comic creator and I feel like I'm getting screwed both ways with these changes. It's even harder to find my comics now that they've made these changes.

Incredible Member

Had been planning to buy issues #21-39 of the 2008-2011 Gen13 series but only 6 random issues show up on the Kindle store and they cost more than they used to (each issue used to be 99 cents).

gen13 amazon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Had been planning to buy issues #21-39 of the 2008-2011 Gen13 series but only 6 random issues show up on the Kindle store and they cost more than they used to (each issue used to be 99 cents).

gen13 amazon.jpg
    That really sucks.

I also had a time today trying to remember how to find my library.

If they don't fix this, it could be a big roadblock to the future of digital comics, not just Comixology.
    Comixology made itself the leader of digital comic distribution. The name Comixology was almost synonymous with digital comics.

Anyone wanting to sabotage digital comics to reinforce the value of print comics couldn't have done a better job of wrecking Comixology.

Edit: I contacted an Amazon service rep and voiced my disappointment with the changes to Comixology.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-21-2022 at 11:26 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Digging them issues of Gen 13 out for you now...
    Give me a minute... Also have a house project going on.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LG9QH4M?refTag=

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M59HY2W?refTag=

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Digging them issues of Gen 13 out for you now...
    Give me a minute... Also have a house project going on.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LG9QH4M?refTag=

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M59HY2W?refTag=

I can see those two issues (along with #1, #8, #9 & #32) but the rest just aren't on the service anymore.

I can see those two issues (along with #1, #8, #9 & #32) but the rest just aren't on the service anymore.
    Ah. I should've compared to the other page to see if they were different numbers.

Give me a sec. Roommate decided that we need to install a security light today...

If it’s any consolation, the files are still visible on DCUniverse. So it looks like there was some syncing issue between Comixology and Amazon.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-21-2022 at 01:53 PM.

I’m sorry.
    I went to the New Releases and narrowed down that Gen 13 was added in the summer of 2011 and then appeared day and date until it ended.
    But I scrolled through the books from Sept 2011 thru Dec 2011 and couldn’t find anymore Gen13.
    When I found those first two, I thought I had found a way in to them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I’m sorry.
    I went to the New Releases and narrowed down that Gen 13 was added in the summer of 2011 and then appeared day and date until it ended.
    But I scrolled through the books from Sept 2011 thru Dec 2011 and couldn’t find anymore Gen13.
    When I found those first two, I thought I had found a way in to them.
    I wonder how many books there are that weren't carried over to the Kindle store. And what happens to the people who had already bought them?

I wonder how many books there are that weren't carried over to the Kindle store. And what happens to the people who had already bought them?
    Unfortunately, there’s no way of knowing, since the library only lists the number of comics you currently have, which is, I’m sure, affected by the lost books.
    I’m looking now to see if I have a number of books written somewhere.
    Right now, it’s showing 3205 comics for me.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I am so frustrated with this. They really should have left Comixology operating as their portal to read purchases.

As a test, I redeemed the digital code for the issue of the Fantastic Four I bought last week. It took a bit but now it shows up in my library. I am using my PC and it's just such a vanilla reader with no real zoom features. Why in the world didn't they just use Comixology's tech?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-21-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I am so frustrated with this. They really should have left Comixology operating as their portal to read purchases.

As a test, I redeemed the digital code for the issue of the Fantastic Four I bought last week. It took a bit but now it shows up in my library. I am using my PC and it's just such a vanilla reader with no real zoom features. Why in the world didn't they just use Comixology's tech?
    Because they are Amazon?

WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING !?!
    Who the **** approved this dumb ass fucking update holy ****!!!!

I lost so many comics because the dumb ass app doesn't support amazon.ca, lost my wish list which is where I was keeping tab on the books I wanted to get, can't see new releases, can't buy from the app anymore, like.... WTF!?!?!

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

I'm so sorry, Jack00. Do you have an American account on Amazon.com? I'm Canadian, but I use an American .com account to buy ebooks, and all my comics showed up there. If you have an American account in addition to the Canadian one, that may be the place to find them.
    Last edited by Kevin Street; 02-21-2022 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING !?!
    Who the **** approved this dumb ass fucking update holy ****!!!!

I lost so many comics because the dumb ass app doesn't support amazon.ca, lost my wish list which is where I was keeping tab on the books I wanted to get, can't see new releases, can't buy from the app anymore, like.... WTF!?!?!
    That's strange. I have an amazon.ca account, and my comics are all in the app, I just can't buy anything new through it. Have to go to the website for that. I think I've got a .com account, too, though.

You've got a right to be mad, though. What a screwup this is.

Astonishing Member

When I go to the Comixology home page on Amazon, the sixth line down is "This Week's Featured Releases". There are about 26 of them. Obviously, that's a small fraction of the new resleases that we used to see every week on the old site. Is this the only say to find out what's new this week? If so, we shall miss out on a lot.