Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    When I go to the Comixology home page on Amazon, the sixth line down is "This Week's Featured Releases". There are about 26 of them. Obviously, that's a small fraction of the new resleases that we used to see every week on the old site. Is this the only say to find out what's new this week? If so, we shall miss out on a lot.
    You have to click on 'New Releases' up at the top (nearest to 'Comixology' logo), then scroll down to the sixth line down to 'All New Releases'.
    While it's a pain in the butt to find it, I do like that you can go back to previous weeks with it, and filter by publisher.

But finding my library is even more of a hurdle. lol
    'View your library' should be on that top menu, as well. Not hidden in the account info page.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-21-2022 at 10:11 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I just noticed that my Comixology wishlist was ported over to a 'Comixology' wishlist on Amazon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    You have to click on 'New Releases' up at the top (nearest to 'Comixology' logo), then scroll down to the sixth line down to 'All New Releases'.
    Ah, thanks for the pointer!!

I'm also mentioning DriveThruComics as an alternative. They only sell downloadable comics. So either pdf or cbz (mostly pdf).
    Top Cow, Heroic and Caliber already use them.

I'm also mentioning DriveThruComics as an alternative. They only sell downloadable comics. So either pdf or cbz (mostly pdf).
    Top Cow, Heroic and Caliber already use them.
    Have you at least got back all the comics you’d got in your library before this fiasco began?

(I think mine have all re-appeared, but haven’t checked super carefully yet, been unusually busy few days. Will have a check tomorrow probably.)

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Have you at least got back all the comics you’d got in your library before this fiasco began?

(I think mine have all re-appeared, but haven’t checked super carefully yet, been unusually busy few days. Will have a check tomorrow probably.)
    It's showing I have 3200 comics.
    But I'm not sure the exact amount I had before it switched over.

The ported wishlist looks right, at least.

Right now, the only was I can find my library is:
    1. Hover over Account & Lists
    2. Click on Account
    3. Scroll down to 'Digital content and devices'
    4. Click on 'Comixology settings'
    5. Click on 'View your Comixology books'

It shouldn't be that many steps.

And I still haven't figured out how to read in the browser.
    It only gives me options to buy the books again.

The only way I've seen to actually read them is to go in and set them to 'unhidden' on Kindle, and then use a Kindle app to try to find the comic I want to read in a sea of books and comics.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-22-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Lee,
    If you’ve managed to get a total number out of the library you’ve extracted more info than I have…display on my tablet just seems to give a number per series.

I’ve just spent 15 minutes just going through library series by series…and am 95 percent sure it’s all back. But certainly wouldn’t bet my life on that!

One thing I’ll take away from this shambles is I need at some point to create a reliable “off line” record of what Electronic comics I’ve bought…it’s like most hobbies…you buy a few things each month, and it’s only when you review cumulative spend over a few years that you realise “Jeez there’s a lot of dosh gone there”.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Lee,
    If you’ve managed to get a total number out of the library you’ve extracted more info than I have…display on my tablet just seems to give a number per series.

I’ve just spent 15 minutes just going through library series by series…and am 95 percent sure it’s all back. But certainly wouldn’t bet my life on that!

One thing I’ll take away from this shambles is I need at some point to create a reliable “off line” record of what Electronic comics I’ve bought…it’s like most hobbies…you buy a few things each month, and it’s only when you review cumulative spend over a few years that you realise “Jeez there’s a lot of dosh gone there”.

Jack
    I totally understand.
    My digital rpg collection on DriveThruRPG is pretty large, too.
    Fortunately, if a publisher removes an item from the DTRPG store, you can still access the files if you bought them. And the purchase history is pretty detailed.
    Oh, and you can download them to your computer and file them away in a dedicated folder or drive.

Also posted this over in Independents, as it mostly pertains to them:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...gy-Alternative

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I forgot to check my Marvel App on my Samsung phone and it looks like a lot it is there even though they are mostly comics I used the redeem code inside the comic. When my phone is done charging I will see if any of the TPBs I bought on Comixology are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Found the email I hadn't read with instructions on how to access my Comixology library. So now I have access to them, and it's not all that bad. Though I would recommend downloading any that you can.
    I never got an e-mail and I am an Amazon Prime member. I just got through complaining to them via their text window but got nowhere as I expected. The person trying to address my complaint obviously had no clue about the Comixology component of their business shutting down.

If I had known this was going to happen I would have somehow made a screen shot of the index pages in Comixology that showed all the things I purchased plus the Marvel codes I redeemed from inside the comics.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-22-2022 at 02:10 PM.

So I have to say that I'm actually starting to get used to reading my digital comics using the Kindle app on my tablet. You can also make collections now which is something I've wanted for a very long time. For example, instead of having say all the different Avengers titles all over the place depending the actual title name. I now have one collection for Avengers which contains every volume of Avengers and some Avengers related minis and one shots. A have one collection called Avengers West Coast with every volume plus the original mini, etc. I have a collection for All-Star Comics which starts with the original title from the 40's and ends with the JSA stories from Adventure Comics in the early 80's since they continued from All-Star Comics. I being able to do this because it's more how I handled my physical collection before I sold it.

It's showing I have 3200 comics.
    But I'm not sure the exact amount I had before it switched over.

The ported wishlist looks right, at least.

Right now, the only was I can find my library is:
    1. Hover over Account & Lists
    2. Click on Account
    3. Scroll down to 'Digital content and devices'
    4. Click on 'Comixology settings'
    5. Click on 'View your Comixology books'

It shouldn't be that many steps.

And I still haven't figured out how to read in the browser.
    It only gives me options to buy the books again.

The only way I've seen to actually read them is to go in and set them to 'unhidden' on Kindle, and then use a Kindle app to try to find the comic I want to read in a sea of books and comics.
    I tried those steps and they don't seem to work for me and I am logged in. The option to pick Comixology doesn't come up for me. But I picked Manage your Content and Devices and now the Comixology stuff comes up. Interestingly enough, so does some that I redeemed Marvel's digital codes. Trouble is there is no way of knowing if I got all of those moved over

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I tried those steps and they don't seem to work for me and I am logged in. The option to pick Comixology doesn't come up for me. But I picked Manage your Content and Devices and now the Comixology stuff comes up. Interestingly enough, so does some that I redeemed Marvel's digital codes. Trouble is there is no way of knowing if I got all of those moved over
    What does this page look like for you?

Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-22-2022 at 02:30 PM.

After updating both my iPhone app and my Android tablet app, I can now rank the three modes by severity of damages.

1. (Best) Android Tablet. Works better than the other two. Sales are shown on Discover page. Library is viewable, and titles can be sorted and stacked.
    2. (Not too terrible) iOS phone. Sales don’t appear on Discover page. You can view library like the tablet. Pages can be zoomed in.
    3. (Disaster) PC Kindle. The PC Comixology reader no longer exists. You can view past week’s new releases (which would be a good feature for the mobile apps).
    4. (Abomination) Any Kindle app. A nightmare to find and read comics once you unhide them.