Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

So how can you get access to your comics from Comixology if you started with a separate Comixology account? I tried to login without updating the app in iOS but it would not let me. So I updated the app only to find out that my old username and password would not work.

EDIT: Okay so now I don't know what to do. I don't have a color Kindle and I used to read on my iPad on trips. Now I see the books on Amazon but it's all smashed together with the kindle books when I check digital content. The old Comixology site used to make it so that you could view stuff by title and collection and now I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm lost. Couldn't sync to the iPad either so just sent an email to their customer support.
    Last edited by Crazy Diamond; 02-27-2022 at 02:13 PM.

ComiXology: How Amazon Bungled The Big Transition
    https://www.cbr.com/comixology-amazon-bungle/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    ...Now I see the books on Amazon but it's all smashed together with the kindle books when I check digital content.
    Yeah, my problem is I have way more comic purchases than book ones, so now it's really hard to find the books.

The old Comixology site used to make it so that you could view stuff by title and collection and now I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm lost.
    The old site was a bit eccentric, but I could usually find things fairly easily. Searching the new one is pretty much impossible if you don't know what you're looking for in advance.

Amazing Member

Has Marvel stopped offering sales on digital comics or is Comixology no longer advertising them in the deals section? Right now, it looks like Vision and Scarlet Witch is the only sale which I'm positive is wrong.

Reading through this thread has shown me that my experience of transfer…losing comics just for a day with no warning, and liking the new format and user interface less than the old one is comparatively better than most peoples experience.

Guess that Amazon has displeased most of the old Comixology users, certainly for now.

Turning it round…apart from sorting out the mess double pronto (eg. At least quickly getting to point where people can at least read all the comics already bought)….what can Amazon do to turn situation round?

One priority has to be making it easy again to buy runs of comics. Another would be some public acknowledgement that they messed up.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 02-28-2022 at 11:25 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I mean, it would be pretty nice to finally be able to create “playlists”/ groups to make it much easier to read comic runs. It’s already an option on kindle so it’s not like it’s impossible to do.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't lose my library but I'm gonna join the cacophony of people saying that the new interface is absolutely atrocious. Like, I strained my eyes last night trying to read Nightwing. What were they thinking??

I think I'll probably cancel my Comixology Plus subscription over this and just stop using Comixology altogether if they don't do a major overhaul.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

At this point they have made Comixology pretty useless to their customer base. Perhaps a mass of cancellations will wake them up but it will be too late.

I mentioned in another thread how I used to work in the IT dept in a rather large steel mill and a later a local hospital system. Whenever we made changes to the software that was running the business we had to turn in a test plan for beta testing. We were lucky to have testing environments that could to a small extent contain copies of the tables that were used in the "live" environment into our test environment. You had to come up with testing scenarios in your test plan and later involve key users in testing.

I think I read somewhere that Amazon/Comixology had beta testers but what wonders what scenarios they tested.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-02-2022 at 05:46 PM.

I have a feeling their beta testers was the guy at the next desk over.

Another terrible change. Comixology had great sales, and they were organized by publishers, often with specific characters.
    Now all I see are 'Deals' with just a big unorganized table of random books.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have a feeling their beta testers was the guy at the next desk over.

Another terrible change. Comixology had great sales, and they were organized by publishers, often with specific characters.
    Now all I see are 'Deals' with just a big unorganized table of random books.
    On the website, the sales are still organized.
    Right now there's -

DC Batman Sale - Ends 3/14
    Kodansha Get into Manga Sale - Ends 3/14
    Dark Horse Avatar & Korra Sale - Ends 2/28
    Women of Dynamite Sale - Ends 3/31
    Viz Undead Unluck Sale - Ends 3/6
    Dark Horse I Heart Robots Sale - Ends 3/7
    Image Romance Sale - Ends 3/10
    Dynamite Dejah Thoris Sale - Ends 3/14
    Marvel Vision and Scarlet Witch Sale - Ends 3/3
    Caliber Graphic Novel Sale - Ends 3/31

However, I personally don't like how most of the books have just one price showing. So you can't tell if the book is really on sale, or just thrown in there because of the theme.
    I also don't like that the single issues are not listed in the sales.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

On the android about it's just a big random mess of over 700 books.

And that not saying the non sale price is B S.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The US website updated today with links on the front page now for 'My Library', 'My Lists' and 'My Account'.

The 'My Library' sends you to the online Kindle reader...
    And here's some of the highlights...

Note all the empty and wasted screen space.

Then, take a particular interest in the first panel. Read it. Go ahead.

Then we'll look at their version of the 'guided view'.

Here's that first panel in their version of 'guided view':

Really? It broke the dialogue up to where you have to go back to read the last part. But if you didn't already know that the bottom dialogue was the last spoken, you'd read it before reading the dialogue the preceded it.

And I don't even need a 'guided view' thing on the website... just let me zoom in to fit the width of the screen and scroll.

Edit: Btw, the white background may blend into the background of the forum. If it does, right-click and open image in a new tab or click and drag to select the text and select an image, too, to see exactly how much screen space is not being used.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-01-2022 at 09:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The US website updated today with links on the front page now for 'My Library', 'My Lists' and 'My Account'.

The 'My Library' sends you to the online Kindle reader...
    And here's some of the highlights...

Note all the empty and wasted screen space.

Then, take a particular interest in the first panel. Read it. Go ahead.

Then we'll look at their version of the 'guided view'.

Here's that first panel in their version of 'guided view':

Really? It broke the dialogue up to where you have to go back to read the last part. But if you didn't already know that the bottom dialogue was the last spoken, you'd read it before reading the dialogue the preceded it.

And I don't even need a 'guided view' thing on the website... just let me zoom in to fit the width of the screen and scroll.

Edit: Btw, the white background may blend into the background of the forum. If it does, right-click and open image in a new tab or click and drag to select the text and select an image, too, to see exactly how much screen space is not being used.
    Yeah it's pretty horrid. Comixology was great whether you were using a tablet or a desk top but the new version is broken as hell if you aren't using a tablet.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

For comparison, here's me reading a page of a PDF comic, which I can zoom in to a comfortable fit.

I could zoom in more, but I find that to be just right for me.

Fantastic Member

So Batman is on sale for .99 right now...yeah good luck finding the right issues though. I would have literally spent over 100 dollars on Batman books today.