Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default THE BRITISH PARANORMAL SOCIETY series

Solicited for April 27, 2022:

British Paranormal Society: Time Out of Mind #1

British Paranormal Society members Simon Bruttenholm and Honora Grant arrive at Noxton together, but with separate goals: Honora hopes to uncover information on the town's strange traditions, while Simon is searching for his missing assistant. But their separate investigations lead down the same twisted path that hides a dark secret behind Noxton's innocent façade! Mike Mignola and Chris Roberson expand the Hellboy universe with a spooky new tale featuring art by Andrea Mutti with colors by Quinton Winter.
    * Honora and Simon from Witchfinder in their own new series!

Writer: Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson
    Artist: Andrea Mutti
    Letterer: Clem Robins
    Colorist: Lee Loughridge
    Cover Artist: Sebastián Fiumara
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Crime, Horror
    Publication Date: April 27, 2022
    Format: FC, 32 pages; Miniseries
    (U.S.) Price: $3.99
    UPC: 7 61568 00937 8 00111

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...-Out-of-Mind-1

Also,
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...solicitations/

Also, is there a reason why Mike was listed as a writer for this but it doesn't look like he was listed on the cover?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The art will be fantastic if nothing else
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The art will be fantastic if nothing else
    Well I was certainly right about that, Mutti's art was as solid as ever even if he didn't get to do too much.

How the story fares is going to come down to the ending as this was a lot of set up...and much of it felt cribbed heavily from the Wicker Man, but it could still be interesting so I'm hopeful.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

My thoughts exactly TWG. But I think the standing stones will add more supernatural elements to it. I expect the Gray Man to be real.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My thoughts exactly TWG. But I think the standing stones will add more supernatural elements to it. I expect the Gray Man to be real.
    Yeah, unlike the Wicker Man I think this will definitely have a "real" supernatural presence which I think it will make for a big enough difference.

I'm not often caught flat footed, but that twist at the end got me.

My LCBS forgot to pull this for me. I will get it next week.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My LCBS forgot to pull this for me. I will get it next week.
    Definitely worth picking up a reorder. I love the slow burn in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Definitely worth picking up a reorder. I love the slow burn in this story.
    I already emailed them. They have it, just forgot to put it in my pull stack. My fault for not checking what was coming out last week.
    I thought the first was a good set up. And now I am very intrigued by the twist you mentioned. Thanks for not revealing more.

I already emailed them. They have it, just forgot to put it in my pull stack. My fault for not checking what was coming out last week.
    I thought the first was a good set up. And now I am very intrigued by the twist you mentioned. Thanks for not revealing more.
    It's a small twist so I hope you don't get your hopes up too much but an interesting development.

Read #2, still an intriguing Wicker Man vibe. We will wait to see if the supernatural is real here or just people following folk tradition. (I expect the former)
    I had a feeling the twist you mentioned would be that. spoilers:
    with the assistant absent without explanation.
    end of spoilers

Read #2, still an intriguing Wicker Man vibe. We will wait to see if the supernatural is real here or just people following folk tradition. (I expect the former)
    I had a feeling the twist you mentioned would be that. spoilers:
    with the assistant absent without explanation.
    end of spoilers
    It certainly makes sense in hindsight but it wasn't a possibility I really entertained, I was thinking more wickerman in that he was sacrificed already but what they brought forward was really interesting and I'm looking forward to how they wrap it up.

Well, the story went in the direction we thought, with the town being a nefarious cult. But then the last page! Urk! indeed!

Well, the story went in the direction we thought, with the town being a nefarious cult. But then the last page! Urk! indeed!
    That last page was fantastic, despite telegraphing the wickerman like cult of the village the true inspiration for the cult was a big surprise! I never really thought we'd see those guys again, despite them seeming like a big deal in conqueror worm.

Issue #1 = April 27, 2022
    Issue #2 = May 25, 2022
    Issue #3 = July 13, 2022 (originally June 29th)
    Issue #4 = September 07, 2022?
    (Originally July 27th, later changed to August 24th?)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 07-23-2022 at 06:42 PM.