Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Issue #1 = April 27, 2022
    Issue #2 = May 25, 2022
    Issue #3 = July 13, 2022 (originally June 29th)
    Issue #4 = September 07, 2022?
    (Originally July 27th, later changed to August 24th?)
    That's a bummer.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Issue #1 = April 27, 2022
    Issue #2 = May 25, 2022
    Issue #3 = July 13, 2022 (originally June 29th)
    Issue #4 = September 07, 2022?
    (Originally July 27th, later changed to August 24th?)
    Make that "Publication Date: September 21, 2022" for issue #4.

Damn, is the paper shortage really that bad?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Damn, is the paper shortage really that bad?
    It's strange because some books don't seen to be hit with constant delays that others are getting.

So I'm not sure how much is just "paper shortage" these days.

It's strange because some books don't seen to be hit with constant delays that others are getting.

So I'm not sure how much is just "paper shortage" these days.
    Yeah, nothing else I'm reading has had as many delays as the Mignola stuff.

Yeah, nothing else I'm reading has had as many delays as the Mignola stuff.
    And it's not even a case of all the Mignola titles having the same amount of delays. At least one (HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D.: 1957--FEARFUL SYMMETRY) was previously said to be partly due to health issues, but I don't know the reasons for others having longer delays than some.

It's not just a paper shortage. There are literally problems at every stage of the process at the moment, all stemming from or exacerbated by the pandemic. On top of that, all these issues create extra work for editorial, while still being expected to hit the same deadlines. It's really quite crappy to complain while people are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    It's not just a paper shortage. There are literally problems at every stage of the process at the moment, all stemming from or exacerbated by the pandemic. On top of that, all these issues create extra work for editorial, while still being expected to hit the same deadlines. It's really quite crappy to complain while people are struggling.
    Hey, some of us are just puzzled why some titles seem to be having longer delays as opposed to others within this line of titles.
    And, unfortunately, it does sometimes impact our enjoyment, especially when the extended delays are in the middle of a storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I'm not shaming anyone behind the scenes, but there are a lot of delays on the Mignola books lately; that's just a fact and as said earlier it is a little puzzling because other books and publishers don't seem to be being affected to this degree anymore.

Last spring and summer? Yeah, it was happening to pretty much every book and every publisher to some extent but this year it's hardly been seen anywhere out side of Dark Horse.

I'm not shaming anyone behind the scenes, but there are a lot of delays on the Mignola books lately; that's just a fact and as said earlier it is a little puzzling because other books and publishers don't seem to be being affected to this degree anymore.
    Marvel and DC are no comparison. To a certain extent, they can jump the queue for printing, something smaller publishers can't afford to do. There are a lot of Mignola books, but it still rests on a relatively small team, and when illness hits one person, there's a domino effect. The pandemic hits not just every publisher, but every project differently. And, unfortunately, there will be more delays to come.

Publication date keeps getting pushed out a week at a time . . . it had been moved to September 28th about a week or so ago, and now it says "October 05, 2022" on the darkhorse.com website.

Publication date keeps getting pushed out a week at a time . . . it had been moved to September 28th about a week or so ago, and now it says "October 05, 2022" on the darkhorse.com website.
    I really just can't wrap my head around it, it's not an issue with art as Andrea Mutti's other stuff isn't being pushed back...and it's the final issue so you wouldn't think the writing would be lagging behind.

The conclusion finally arrived and although the resolution felt more than a little rushed(what kind of cult actually gets thwarted by reason?) all in all this was a fun book.

The conclusion finally arrived and although the resolution felt more than a little rushed(what kind of cult actually gets thwarted by reason?) all in all this was a fun book.
    I had the same thought. The last 6 years in this country showed us that if people are delusional, no amount of facts or reason will persuade them.
    That said, I liked the conclusion, we knew it was some sort of Wicker Man thing, but the whole aliens fighting what I assume were the Ogdru Jahad was a good touch.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I had the same thought. The last 6 years in this country showed us that if people are delusional, no amount of facts or reason will persuade them.
    That said, I liked the conclusion, we knew it was some sort of Wicker Man thing, but the whole aliens fighting what I assume were the Ogdru Jahad was a good touch.
    Yeah, I loved seeing the aliens again.