Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    All-new interior artwork for ‘Miracleman: The Silver Age’ #3: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/11/ma...ms-miracleman/
    Set high atop the Himalayas where Dickie Dauntless, aka Young Miracleman, is on a desperate search to find his place in the Age of Miracles. Before finding new allies, he’ll first have to confront his frightening past with Johnny Bates! It’s Young Miracleman and Kid Miracleman face-to-face at last! This perfect jumping on point will add new depth to the character of Young Miracleman as he takes a brave first step to living life as his true self.

This should be good.
    Last edited by Tobei Miyake; 11-28-2022 at 12:05 PM.

All-new interior artwork for ‘Miracleman: The Silver Age’ #3: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/11/ma...ms-miracleman/
    It's about f***ing time.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

It's gonna be nice to get some new Miracleman content.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It's gonna be nice to get some new Miracleman content.
    This looks soooooo good. Still haven't gotten to the take the plastic off the harcover yet but this just got me reamped for issue 2.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This looks soooooo good. Still haven't gotten to the take the plastic off the harcover yet but this just got me reamped for issue 2.
    100% in agreement with you regarding issue 2.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Default Next week - 'Miracleman: The Silver Age #2'

Marvel Preview: Miracleman: The Silver Age #2: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/18/ma...-silver-age-2/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

AIPT gave issue #2 a review of 9.5 - Great

One of the highlights.

The suspense with Miracleman and Miraclewoman at the end is a thrilling cliffhanger and I can't wait to see what comes from it
    Decades later that moment is still a bit chilling and a bit stunning to me.

I still ask what exactly is going on, and what does Young Miracleman do next. We'll get the answer soon, and what comes next is new and never before seen.

I love Miracleman, he's one of my top three favorite comic characters.

1. Kaneda from Katsuhiro Otomo's AKIRA
    2. Killy from Tsutomu Nihei's BLAME!
    3. Miracleman from Neil Gaiman's MIRACLEMAN

There was an article on ways to bring Miracleman into the Marvel Universe.

Miracleman as Hero

It’s easy to imagine a world in which, if they really are bringing Miracleman into the 616 Universe, Marvel ignores the Eclipse continuity and starts fresh with the character as a straightforward superhero. The addition of a new powerhouse hero to the universe could shake things up for a team like the Avengers, especially if he’s a hero who doesn’t agree with the way things are currently being done.
    Miracleman as Villain

On the other hand, if the Eclipse stories remain a part of Miracleman’s continuity, it’s hard to imagine the character joining the Marvel Universe as anything other than a villain, or at best an antihero. In the eyes of the heroes of the Marvel Universe, Miracleman would have subjugated an entire world, however benevolently he may have done it, and if he finds himself plucked from his world into the 616 timeline he may end up looking to do it again.
    Miracleman as Cautionary Tale

Perhaps the cleanest way to bring Miracleman into the Marvel Universe would be temporarily bringing him over to the 616 timeline from his home timeline, or to bring the Avengers or Fantastic Four from the main Marvel U to Miracleman’s world. This would keep the Eclipse continuity – inarguably the most interesting part about Miracleman, and the main reason anyone still cares about him – both intact and separated from the Marvel Universe, and would offer an opportunity for comparison between the two worlds, which couldn’t be more different.
    I like parts of the first way and parts of the third. If I were to just pick one, then I would go with the first one. And they probably shouldn't do it at all, but I choose door number #1 and hope that it's not a disaster.

And if it is a disaster, Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham can always come back after "The Dark Age" and do a "Age of Enlightenment" or an "Age of Reason" story.

I think Dickie has latent homosexual feelings for MM that MiracleWoman has sensed this. But being a product of a repressed British culture, he most likely hasn't acknowledged these feeling to himself. The world MM has built has no such restrictions and he was trying to be open about this unspoken bond between them. It's a bit foolish not to realize YM's not ready for this and I trust Gaiman not to have it be just MM's miscalculation.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think Dickie has latent homosexual feelings for MM that MiracleWoman has sensed this. But being a product of a repressed British culture, he most likely hasn't acknowledged these feeling to himself. The world MM has built has no such restrictions and he was trying to be open about this unspoken bond between them. It's a bit foolish not to realize YM's not ready for this and I trust Gaiman not to have it be just MM's miscalculation.
    From what I recall reading back in the day when Miracleman was still never expected to be finished, I believe this to be the intent.

I have a difficult time believing Dickie's "Gosh, oh golly gee" method of conversation being purely out of a nineteen fifties comic book to be purely the result of an upbringing on that era and location. Sure, there was homophobia and many LGBTQ people did fight their feelings. But even though Dickie's reaction wasn't a surprise, there's something about his behavior that doesn't seem right. Both MM and KM adjusted to more normal speech patterns upon the shift to reality, but Dickie is still straight out of a Mick Anglo tale.

Maybe, though he has only been alive in this form for one week and the others were alive the whole time. It might have to do with how they engraved the mind of new Dickie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Maybe, though he has only been alive in this form for one week and the others were alive the whole time. It might have to do with how they engraved the mind of new Dickie.
    Johnny we didn't see much of, and what we did see may have been colored through his recollections. In addition what we did see was under severe stress. MM, though seemed to have a very realistic speech pattern when he first appeared in the Moore stories. I could, of course, be wrong, but I'm still leaning towards something funny going on in Dickie's head.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Johnny we didn't see much of, and what we did see may have been colored through his recollections. In addition what we did see was under severe stress. MM, though seemed to have a very realistic speech pattern when he first appeared in the Moore stories. I could, of course, be wrong, but I'm still leaning towards something funny going on in Dickie's head.
    That could well be. But as I said, Dickie is a new being, created and given Dickie's mind and memories. MM is the same person who regained his memories. Dickie is not the real Dickie, but a construct based on the what the real Dickie was, including the comic book personality.

That could well be. But as I said, Dickie is a new being, created and given Dickie's mind and memories. MM is the same person who regained his memories. Dickie is not the real Dickie, but a construct based on the what the real Dickie was, including the comic book personality.
    I've waited over 30 years. Another few weeks shouldn't bother me. I need to go back and look at my copies of Silver Age, which happen to be the Eclipse books\ and are fairly well stored.

Amazing Member

Homosexual visibility in media and acceptance has changed SO MUCH since this storyline from like over two decades ago - so curious how it will play out.