Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If the idea is that the company all but intends on abandoning the continuity that "God Mode.." actually came from(Well, except that a twin brother from that continuity somehow exists...)?

What's the point?

Either embrace it, or let it go with the continuity that it came from.

All that being said?

Diana taking off bracelets that will bury themselves in rock falling from just a few feet up?

That is a visual.

Never mind the ties back to older continuity or what it meant as far as the character's actual creator...

"This person has something that heavy at the end of each arm every day, and is still fast and capable..."?

Hard to argue with that.

Spectacular Member

Do any of you think that we are gonna see god mode or something similar in the Wonder Woman game?

Hard to say since we don't even know which era the game will be based off of. DCEU? Rebirth? Nu52? Post Crisis? A mix of all of them? But even then which ones will they be using?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Not really into "super-modes" for superheroes so I'd rather keep them used sparingly and confined. But of the options;

"Witch Hour" from JLD for the reasons already gone over; no Zeus connection, connects Diana with another Moon Goddess, builds on her relationship with Circe, and the bonus powers aren't just "punch really really really hard".
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-19-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im not a fan of god mode. Diana having all this power locked away until she removes her bracelets that keep her check seems outdated.
    That's what I liked about it. She literally removed her shackles and became free to be a stronger version of herself. The whole symbolism of the bracelets of submission as a reminder of enslavement has been lost over the years, many Amazons don't even wear them and that's a shame. It was profound. Matter of fact I'm getting a broken bracelet tattoo because of it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's what I liked about it. She literally removed her shackles and became free to be a stronger version of herself. The whole symbolism of the bracelets of submission as a reminder of enslavement has been lost over the years, many Amazons don't even wear them and that's a shame. It was profound. Matter of fact I'm getting a broken bracelet tattoo because of it.
    I like the symbolism,but my problem of the bracelets acting as limiters and retainers of sanity is that It doesn't explain how the amazons lived before them

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    I like the symbolism,but my problem of the bracelets acting as limiters and retainers of sanity is that It doesn't explain how the amazons lived before them
    Same here, I like that the bracelets are basically the shackles to a ball and chain without the ball and chain. And that the amazon's wear them as reminders to never be enslaved again. Having them be equipment that can break by a BS sword cough GWW cough, seems surface level to me. The bracelets are more than just barbie's accessories, them mean something important to amazon history and culture. I don't think it should be turned into an anime trope.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I never saw why the bracelets should have that type of power for Diana. It reminds her people of what once was and turning them into weapons themselves. Zeus!WW should gain stronger over time as she comes to understand what she's capable of instead of being forced to hide that power behind bracelets.

The Lightning gives her ample fire power ontop of who she already is.

The lightning literally came from Zeus though. God Mode did too sort of but it wasn't as explicit.

In Azzarello's run Hephaetus created the bracelets to help her keep her unbridled power in check so she wouldn't lose control. Then he later readjusted them so they could magically house her weapons, which was another cool power that's been lost. Honestly if she retained all the abilities she's been given over the years she'd be more powerful than Superman.

The lightning literally came from Zeus though. God Mode did too sort of but it wasn't as explicit.

In Azzarello's run Hephaetus created the bracelets to help her keep her unbridled power in check so she wouldn't lose control. Then he later readjusted them so they could magically house her weapons, which was another cool power that's been lost. Honestly if she retained all the abilities she's been given over the years she'd be more powerful than Superman.
    Which is usually the fear for the higher ups at DC.

I honestly don't mind Diana using Zeus's lightning so long as she has Hestia's fire as well. Hecate and witch mode is just something different from all the other basic stat boosted power ups.

I like the Gauntlet of Atlas and her channeling the Godwave as plus modes for her better. They were more thoroughly defined in terms of the rules and what they and more: they were SUCCESSFUL in deployment. And they were actually impressive.

I also prefer the way Berger and Perez paid homage to the beserk thing by making it an intense phobia of being shackled which triggers a sort of burst of righteous anger and adrenaline a la versus Circe in WW #19 and versus the Roman God Mercury in WW#51.

52s interp like so much else pretty much underwhelmed and fizzled out beyond "yeah it would be so cool if" followed by a flop of animated Jean Grey proportions.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

God Mode of course has to come from being a child of Zeus or else she wouldnt have it.

Her being more powerful than Superman wont help the character and her threats wont become anymore interesting so Im not that interested in it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    God Mode of course has to come from being a child of Zeus or else she wouldnt have it.

Her being more powerful than Superman wont help the character and her threats wont become anymore interesting so Im not that interested in it.
    It could also come from the other gods that empowered her in Rebirth again.

She should be as powerful as Superman, like she was always intended to be, and that being a consistent thing would help her a lot already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    It could also come from the other gods that empowered her in Rebirth again.

She should be as powerful as Superman, like she was always intended to be, and that being a consistent thing would help her a lot already.
    I agree with this.