Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis Biopic

Best movie of the year so far and Austin Butler has an Oscar nomination locked. Some pacing issues in the third act but overall really good.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have an interest in seeing this. My wife thinks Elvis looks to glammed up for the era. Too much makeup on in every shot she said to the point he looks like a caricature in scenes that aren't 'on stage' or 'tv appearance'. Several friends have posted on their FB wall how much they enjoyed it.

I looked and two weeks into its boxoffice run it has made 71 million domestic and 118m worldwide per Boxofficemojo.com
    That site used to list Production cost which I know is a factor in helping to determine to some extent its success/fail barometer.
    So I Googled and found this site that states it was 85 million. Should be considered a success a few weeks down the line. Especially when it hits $100million.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Elvis was a fun film. The pacing and editing/cut scenes were a little strange. And Hanks' Col. Parker was almost cartoonish. But otherwise it was a good watch.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Great movie. Great music. Probably the best film about Elvis yet.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Great movie. Great music. Probably the best film about Elvis yet.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    No that's still Bubba Ho-Tep.