Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I’m sure she will get an ongoing after this!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I think Stephanie Williams did say that Nubia's powers will be explained in the upcoming limited series.
    They will need to explain how somebody that is a weaklink based on actual feats is supposed to be on par with Rebirth WW. Sure Rebirth WW is not crazy powerful sadly. But at least she is not average power wise. Nubia is the defination of a cweaklink based on actual feats. She has done 0 impressive things power wise.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol no, the WW fanbase has never been that nuanced when it comes to accepting their own power fantasy being challenged. It doesn't just involve Superman. If the idea of Supergirl, Power Girl or Mary Marvel being slightly stronger than her is floated out, expect heavy resistance. The WW and Superman fanbases react pretty much the same way for their characters

The intent of Nubia has always seemed to be that she's even with Diana whenever she is present. She isn't around consistently enough to be upstaged by Diana in feats to change that idea, so we might as well stick with the original intention. Whether she got similar blessings at some point or got power from Dooms Doorway, does it actually matter?
    Then they should portray WW as a real equal to Superman in power. Since that was the original intention for Diana. Why respect nubia's ''original'' intention and not WW's?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    They will need to explain how somebody that is a weaklink based on actual feats is supposed to be on par with Rebirth WW. Sure Rebirth WW is not crazy powerful sadly. But at least she is not average power wise. Nubia is the defination of a cweaklink based on actual feats. She has done 0 impressive things power wise.
    These are comic books, not role-playing games. All they need to do is write and draw to the best of their ability. And you can "weaklink" Nubia from now to the grave and she will still be the character that gives me my ENTIRE LIFE.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

These are comic books, not role-playing games. All they need to do is write and draw to the best of their ability. And you can "weaklink" Nubia from now to the grave and she will still be the character that gives me my ENTIRE LIFE.
    Same. People can feel however they want about new and revitalized Wonder characters of color, but it's not going to stop those of us who like these characters from enjoying them and their stories. I'm personally elated at the care DC is taking in building Nubia up and it in no way diminishes Diana or her specialness.

weakling [ week-ling ]
    noun
    a person who is physically or morally weak.
    adjective
    weak; not strong.

Sorry, I know English is probably your second language but that "weaklink" business is bothering me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    weakling [ week-ling ]
    noun
    adjective
    weak; not strong.

Sorry, I know English is probably your second language but that "weaklink" business is bothering me.
    I used the term to describe Nubia because she is super weak. Nothing impressive about her power.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    weakling [ week-ling ]
    noun
    adjective
    weak; not strong.

Instead of weaklink make it two words, like weak link. We don't have to be the grammar or spelling police to get the intent of what a poster is saying, even if you do not agree with him/her.

I was chatting with Stephanie Williams and Vita Ayala on Twitter and sales for the Nubia limited series were quite impressive, enough for DC to give her an additional special, the one we're talking about now, and an additional limited series. And it looks like there may be something beyond that as well. Whoever doesn't like the character or feels she threatens Diana's place in the hierarchy certainly has a right to express that opinion and choose not to buy her books.

But Nubia readers will be over here like:

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Instead of weaklink make it two words, like weak link. We don't have to be the grammar or spelling police to get the intent of what a poster is saying, even if you do not agree with him/her.
    No that's different, a weak link is the vulnerable part of a chain where it could break. It doesn't make sense in this context.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Then they should portray WW as a real equal to Superman in power. Since that was the original intention for Diana. Why respect nubia's ''original'' intention and not WW's?
    I think the question should be flipped. A lot of the people who want Diana to be equal to Clark based on original creator intent are perhaps being somewhat pedantic on Nubia's powers and their source.

I think the question should be flipped. A lot of the people who want Diana to be equal to Clark based on original creator intent are perhaps being somewhat pedantic on Nubia's powers and their source.

I was chatting with Stephanie Williams and Vita Ayala on Twitter and sales for the Nubia limited series were quite impressive, enough for DC to give her an additional special, the one we're talking about now, and an additional limited series. And it looks like there may be something beyond that as well. Whoever doesn't like the character or feels she threatens Diana's place in the hierarchy certainly has a right to express that opinion and choose not to buy her books.

But Nubia readers will be over here like:

Hey that's really good news! Yasss

Why? According to some of you WW has to be weaker than Supergirl, Powergirl, Mary Marvel, etc. Is there any reason for that? Oh right i forgot. WW was created to be equal to Superman but she shouldn't be according to some fans. But she should be weaker than the other girls according to these same fans.

Again. Make WW equal to SM in power. If respecting original concepts is so important.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 05-06-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Why? According to some of you WW has to be weaker than Supergirl, Powergirl, Mary Marvel, etc.
    Who? Who said this? Where?

WW was created to be equal to Superman but she shouldn't be according to some fans. But she should be weaker than the other girls according to these same fans.
    Who? Which fans? Wonder Woman fans? Which ones? Where is this being said?

Again. Make WW equal to SM in power. If respecting original concepts is so important.
    Who here is arguing Wonder Woman shouldn't be as powerful as Superman?