Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Nice Mark Brooks piece .

Apropos of nothing, one of the things I genuinely like about the TASM movies is that they gave Gwen a bunch of younger brothers. Obviously it's waaaay too late to do that in the comics now, but it just (for me at least) really works.

gwens brothers.jpg
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Apropos of nothing, one of the things I genuinely like about the TASM movies is that they gave Gwen a bunch of younger brothers. Obviously it's waaaay too late to do that in the comics now, but it just (for me at least) really works.

gwens brothers.jpg
    Huh... I don't remember seeing them at all, were they in the first movie?

Anyways they could always bring more cousins around if they wanted more Gwen relatives, but asides from the 90's with Jill and her father, Marvel never really cared about making more Stacys.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Huh... I don't remember seeing them at all, were they in the first movie?

Anyways they could always bring more cousins around if they wanted more Gwen relatives, but asides from the 90's with Jill and her father, Marvel never really cared about making more Stacys.
    Yeah, you saw her mom and all her siblings during I think the funeral scenes and that dinner Peter had with her family.

It was weird for me that she had family and her mom there.

Now Marvel can't get enough of making more Gwen's.

All-New Member

Why marvel don't bring back gwen?, i mean they have make a lot of gwen's. They should bring back the original with own personality like the one in ditko run or romita run

Quote Originally Posted by Menrique617 View Post
    Why marvel don't bring back gwen?, i mean they have make a lot of gwen's. They should bring back the original with own personality like the one in ditko run or romita run
    At this point, why? They have a Gwen they market as a superhero.

Oh hey, just realized that I didn't post Mexican Gwen here yet:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    At this point, why? They have a Gwen they market as a superhero.
    Reintroduction would be fine under a fair writer. A nuanced exploration of Peter Parker and pals' over-idealized views on Gwen Stacy with logical, psychological consequences could be damn compelling.

Arthur Doyle had troubled relationships rooted in his image as a renowned author. The author would start relationships that often put him on a pedestal because he was the creator of Sherlock Holmes. He tried to live up to that image, but, as any human would, he'd make a mistake. Remaining on that pedestal was an unattainable goal, and people were disappointed an accomplished man was an imperfect person. After a time, whenever Doyle failed to live up to expectations, he became frustrated and disillusioned. Doyle would try to hide his mistakes, and that effort took time away from responsibilities and necessary commitments, which would lead to further errors. The cycle was exhausting. Studies are available for anyone looking to explore that process.

Put in bold because current Marvel considers shock jockeying satisfying writing. If Gwen Stacy has flaws, I give them three years or one writer swap before she's the evil EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Reintroduction would be fine under a fair writer. A nuanced exploration of Peter Parker and pals' over-idealized views on Gwen Stacy with logical, psychological consequences could be damn compelling.

Arthur Doyle had troubled relationships rooted in his image as a renowned author. The author would start relationships that often put him on a pedestal because he was the creator of Sherlock Holmes. He tried to live up to that image, but, as any human would, he'd make a mistake. Remaining on that pedestal was an unattainable goal, and people were disappointed an accomplished man was an imperfect person. After a time, whenever Doyle failed to live up to expectations, he became frustrated and disillusioned. Doyle would try to hide his mistakes, and that effort took time away from responsibilities and necessary commitments, which would lead to further errors. The cycle was exhausting. Studies are available for anyone looking to explore that process.

Put in bold because current Marvel considers shock jockeying satisfying writing. If Gwen Stacy has flaws, I give them three years or one writer swap before she's the evil EX.
    They market Gwen Stacy as a superhero now. There is zero reason to bring back the civilian Gwen.

BANNED

The Romita version has no personality to speak of.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They market Gwen Stacy as a superhero now. There is zero reason to bring back the civilian Gwen.
    Their question mentioned pertains to 616 Gwen Stacy. Ghost Spider is a character that shares her name and likeness but in no way possesses her personality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Their question mentioned pertains to 616 Gwen Stacy. Ghost Spider is a character that shares her name and likeness but in no way possesses her personality.
    What personality?

All-New Member

They should develop her personality with the few aspects that she have in that 2 runs

They should develop her personality with the few aspects that she have in that 2 runs
    Why? She's a long dead supporting character and they have an alternate version who is a superhero who has completely supplanted the original.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

That's what they are doing in the mini going on is every version she is running into has a different aspect of her personality so the end is just going to be her with female empowerment and accepting who she is