Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Deathlock is tired of not having a soft skin.
    I guess the rotting corpse of an young, dead woman can be considered soft compared to a robot's .

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Have you guys seen this?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/am...-judgment-day/

"Gwen Stacy might be making another comeback in the pages of The Amazing Spider-Man. The upcoming Avengers/X-Men/Eternals event series A.X.E.: Judgment Day will feature a number of tie-ins debuting in August, and one of those is Amazing Spider-Man #10. Peter Parker is already dealing with a chaotic new status quo under the guidance of writer Zeb Wells and artist John Romita Jr., and his life will only get more complicated when Spider-Man is judged for the moment that Gwen Stacy died in his arms back in 1973's Amazing Spider-Man #121.

ComicBook.com can exclusively reveal the cover and solicitation for August's Amazing Spider-Man #10, a tie-in to the A.X.E.: Judgment Day event. The cover by John Romita Jr. features an unmasked Spider-Man down on one knee as Gwen Stacy stands before him in her classic green jacket, purple skirt, and black boots. The events of Judgment Day seemingly reunite Peter and Gwen once again, with Marvel calling it a "very special issue that might break your heart all over again."

Spider-Man editor Nick Lowe gave an enthusiastic statement regarding the issue. "GWEN. STACY." Lowe said. "Need we say more?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Gwen looks like she has had enough.

Oh wow, another story where Peter is sad about Gwen. What an original idea...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I hope but Marvel is dumb af

Man all you have to do is let 616 Gwen die, and give us some issue of Peter, Gwen, Urich, etc. remember her and her dad, etc. this is NOT that hard

Gwen, remembering Gwen? I assume you meant MJ there!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Man all you have to do is let 616 Gwen die, and give us some issue of Peter, Gwen, Urich, etc. remember her and her dad, etc. this is NOT that hard
    They want that almighty Emma Stone fandom dollar, her version of the character remains a hot button topic thanks to how it informed Andrew's Spider-Man in No Way Home. The most popular Peter of that entire film was depicted as having never moved on from her. The most you can take from it as an MJ fan is that it motivated him to save Zedaya.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    They want that almighty Emma Stone fandom dollar, her version of the character remains a hot button topic thanks to how it informed Andrew's Spider-Man in No Way Home. The most popular Peter of that entire film was depicted as having never moved on from her. The most you can take from it as an MJ fan is that it motivated him to save Zedaya.
    Yeah I know man how I wish TASM had just done MJ because TASM Gwen was nothing like 616 Gwen

Spectacular Member

Yeah I know man how I wish TASM had just done MJ because TASM Gwen was nothing like 616 Gwen
    Counter opinion: Not only am I glad Gwen Stacy was in the TASM films, I wish she'd been Peter's girlfriend in the first Raimi film before he moved on to Mary Jane Watson.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Counter opinion: Not only am I glad Gwen Stacy was in the TASM films, I wish she'd been Peter's girlfriend in the first Raimi film before he moved on to Mary Jane Watson.
    Counter-counter opinion: I wish someday we get a fairly faithful, if updated to current day, adaptation of the Coffee Bean gang instead of looking back at old films.

Corollary to counter-counter opinion: I wish Disney would throw money at Greg Wiseman to finish Spectacular Spider-Man.

BANNED

If she was anything like the Gwen we saw in Spider-Man 3...no thanks

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Counter-counter opinion: I wish someday we get a fairly faithful, if updated to current day, adaptation of the Coffee Bean gang instead of looking back at old films.

Corollary to counter-counter opinion: I wish Disney would throw money at Greg Wiseman to finish Spectacular Spider-Man.
    I think we should let Spectacular go too but mostly agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    If she was anything like the Gwen we saw in Spider-Man 3...no thanks
    Do you mean when Gwen Stacy was exploited without her knowledge by Peter Parker to hurt Mary Jane Watson? Yeah, that part sucked—shame on Peter. His asinine behavior was not her fault.
    Last edited by Tabs; 05-12-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Spectacular Member

Will Zeb Wells progress her character, or is this yet another story dedicated to Pete Parker's grief rather than focusing on the person who died? I think it'd be funny if they brought back Ditko Gwen, and she started whaling on him for never remembering her other hairstyles and fashion trends before calling him an idiot for believing he had any culpability in her death and proposing he hire out a team of mercenaries to kill Norman Osborn before Peter reminds her he's broke. People would enjoy these appearances more if writers made them fun rather than dramatic.

Extraordinary Member

Well she's nothing like 616 Gwen so...

Will Zeb Wells progress her character, or is this yet another story dedicated to Pete Parker's grief rather than focusing on the person who died? I think it'd be funny if they brought back Ditko Gwen, and she started whaling on him for never remembering her other hairstyles and fashion trends before calling him an idiot for believing he had any culpability in her death and proposing he hire out a team of mercenaries to kill Norman Osborn before Peter reminds her he's broke. People would enjoy these appearances more if writers made them fun rather than dramatic.
    Considering the preview states this is about Peter's judgement as part of the AXE event what do you think?

And no, people enjoy well written serious stories a lot in these scenarious. Spider-man Blue's existence shows drama is superior

Spectacular Member

Well she's nothing like 616 Gwen so...
    TASM Gwen Stacy is about as faithful to the comics character as MCU Peter Parker. She's closer to her counterpart than MJ and Ned Leeds are to their 616 selves. This suggests to me that they struggle with adapting the personalities of Spider-man characters in general rather than Gwen in particular. I feel for their actors because I have no doubt they'd have nailed their roles if the writing allowed it.
    Considering the preview states this is about Peter's judgement as part of the AXE event what do you think?
    I think Gwen Stacy's expression on that cover is a mood, and I'm tempted to make it my profile picture when the issue is released?
    And no, people enjoy well written serious stories a lot in these scenarious.
    Since when do fun stories mean poorly written?
    Spider-man Blue's existence shows drama is superior
    Drama has never been inherently superior, and neither has comedy. If it's considered non-canonical, Spider-man Blue is great story. I oppose some of the characterizations and think the writer should've reviewed old canon so it wouldn't have clashed as much. Interesting for you to mention SM:B, since I've long suspected its reception among comic readers helped kick-start Marvel's current Gwen fixation.

Bringing Gwen back in a flashback or to guilt trip Peter... a tried and tested method X_X
    Last edited by Majesty; 05-12-2022 at 11:30 AM.