Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

At the time I assumed it was setting up something for Spencer's ASM, but the 616 "Gwen" in ASM turned out to be her "daughter" Sarah, who was actually Kindred.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I did get some enjoyment out of it, but it's a little much to expect Nancy Drew out of Gwen Stacy. The artwork was incredible.

You know who that kind of plot would've worked with? Oracle, over at DC. Gwen has a lot in common with Barbara Gordon, they're both daughters of cops. The backstory is that Barbara's father didn't want her following in his footsteps, so she ends up becoming Batgirl instead. Gwen died before she got to that point, as she was still in college when Green Goblin threw her off the bridge. However, I think this mini has turned out to be AU... wasn't Captain Stacy still active on the force when he died? The mini ends with him retired, and deciding to only work with them as a consultant.

The artwork on this was by Todd Nauck, who also drew the original Young Justice at DC in the 90s. He also drew a Stargirl Spring Break Special last year - they announced a series in there (to be continued in Stargirl #1) but over a year later, still no solicitation. He's done some Teen Titans too, especially the tie-ins for the Go! cartoon. For Marvel he's done a bunch of Spider-Man comics and minis for Nightcrawler and the MC2 character American Dream.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...Nauck/Penciler
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Todd_Nauck/Penciler
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

One thing I will say about the mini is that Gwen's style and outfits were incredibly on-point .

(I want another teen MJ series now...)

BANNED

Marvel announces oversized gallery hardcover of Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale’s ‘Spider-Man: Blue’

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/23/ma...ider-man-blue/

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Looks like for issue 10 tie in
    spoilers:
    From X-Men Axe issue 3 today. Confirmed how judgment works. It feels real but it's a mental image then weather you pass or not you wake up essentially
    end of spoilers

Which means spoilers:
    the Gwen on that cover is an illusion.
    end of spoilers