Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Teen Titans Academy #12 Preview

Teen Titans Academy #12 Preview
    Writer: Tim Sheridan
    Artist: Todd Derenick

I'm so out of the loop (I hate this series) but did Gar loss his powers and can Raven not teleport anymore? Bad enough she's flying now, but that's the only change from her original powers I don't mind.

Finally! Red X is going to be revealed. Last chance for guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Probably it's still Brick's roommate.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Probably it's still Brick's roommate.
    It's Brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm so out of the loop (I hate this series) but did Gar loss his powers and can Raven not teleport anymore? Bad enough she's flying now, but that's the only change from her original powers I don't mind.
    This book has shown Raven to basically have Omen's powers i.e. telepathy and precognition, and not her usual empathy and teleportation. Also, she uses her incantation from the cartoon, and you'll notice in the preview that she's interrupted while attempting that. Tim Sheridan basically hasn't been writing Raven correctly at all. Just about the only thing he got right about her is her relationship with Gar.

Speaking of Gar, yeah, he should be able to escape his situation by changing to a bird or something. Though he'd still likely be caught in the blast while trying to free Cyborg. Issue 14's cover already confirmed that they both survive though... so there's no stakes there.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-19-2022 at 02:35 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Someone from the school or a random character who wasn't hinted at or never appeared in the book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This book has shown Raven to basically have Omen's powers i.e. telepathy and precognition, and not her usual empathy and teleportation. Also, she uses her incantation from the cartoon, and you'll notice in the preview that she's interrupted while attempting that. Tim Sheridan basically hasn't been writing Raven correctly at all. Just about the only thing he got right about her is her relationship with Gar.

Speaking of Gar, yeah, he should be able to escape his situation by changing to a bird or something. Though he'd still likely be caught in the blast while trying to free Cyborg. Issue 14's cover already confirmed that they both survive though... so there's no stakes there.
    This is what happens when fans of the cartoon grow up and start writing comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Vic can fly nowadays, he and gar are only there to create some suspense. But of course, they will survive.

I also don't really like Raven saying her incantation in the comics, doesn't seem right. Same with Vic saying Booyah.

But nothing makes me roll my eyes more than the "Mr" and "Mrs" everybody keep saying to the Titans, including themselfs.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Vic can fly nowadays, he and gar are only there to create some suspense. But of course, they will survive.

I also don't really like Raven saying her incantation in the comics, doesn't seem right. Same with Vic saying Booyah.

But nothing makes me roll my eyes more than the "Mr" and "Mrs" everybody keep saying to the Titans, including themselfs.
    It was a limiter in the show becuase raven is a near god

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It's Brick.
    They went out of their way to disprove that early on. So unless Brick has a twin or duplication powers...ohhh
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2022 at 09:33 AM.

I don't think this is the first time Raven's used her chant in the comics.

It did get ridiculous at times, especially any time Mr Beast Boy came up. Part of the reason he changed back to Changeling, I suspect. And it's inconsistent because the codenameless Donna was referred to as Ms Troy. Should really have either used her old Troia codename, or used their actual surnames for everyone except Dick (who's the only adult Titan with a secret identity) and Raven (whose civilian name is actually an alias she adopted to enrol in school in the 2003 run - Raven is her real name) i.e. Mr Logan, Mr Stone, Mr Harper, not Mr Beast Boy/Changeling, Mr Cyborg, Mr Arsenal/Speedy (yeah, they did also call Roy Speedy, which was corrected in the next issue).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

*sigh*
    I wanted something like Titans Academy. The mini arcs that had Gorilla Greg and Grodd and what not, that's the kind of thing I wanted. But shoving Red X into this, with it being a center point, and otherwise only happening in the animated cartoon, fell flatter than Flat Earther's theories. And it honestly would have needed two different books, one covering the older Titans, and one for the newer ones, with some crossover here and there.

But of course it also had to go with the 5G crap at this point too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They went out of their way to disprove that early on. So unless Brick has a twin or duplication powers...ohhh
    Trust me, it's Brick. I've got a feeling. Call it omniscience.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 02-19-2022 at 10:08 AM.