Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Aquaman: Andromeda by Ram V and Christian Ward

In an upcoming interview with CBR, Ram V. said, "I went back and looked at everything to make sure that we were presenting a concept and an idea that genuinely felt fresh and new. Obviously, there have been a lot of great stories. Generally, the Aquaman stuff has tended to veer towards sort of this magic and fantasy route. I wanted to see if we could drop it into a different genre and make it work. I think of it as a sci-fi horror human character drama set inside a situation that has both literal and metaphoric pressure."
    AQUAMAN: ANDROMEDA #1
    Written by RAM V
    Art and cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
    Variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    1:25 variant cover by ANAND RK
    1:50 foil variant cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
    $6.99 US | 48 pages | 1 of 3 | Prestige Plus
    8 1/2″ x 10 7/8″ (All covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 6/7/22
    17+

Deep in the Pacific Ocean, at the farthest possible distance from any land, sits Point Nemo: the spaceship graveyard. Since the dawn of the space race, the nations of the world have sent their crafts there on splashdown, to sink beneath the silent seas. But there is something…else at Point Nemo. A structure never made by human hands. And that structure seems to be…waking up. The crew of the experimental submarine Andromeda, powered by a mysterious black-hole drive, have been chosen to investigate this mystery. But they aren’t the only ones pursuing it. Anything of value beneath the ocean is of value to the master pirate Black Manta…and anything that attracts Black Manta attracts Arthur Curry, his lifelong foe, the Aquaman! But heaven help them all when the doors of the mystery at Point Nemo swing wide to admit them…

Bringing a bracing cosmic-horror sensibility to the world of Aquaman, rising superstars Ram V (Venom, The Swamp Thing) and Christian Ward (Thor, Invisible Kingdom) team up to put Arthur Curry through an exercise in psychological terror that could break the will of even a king!
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-18-2022 at 03:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly bearded Aquaman works surprisingly well here.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Not super crazy about the art (it's fine), but Ram V can do no wrong. Really looking forward to this!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Looks pretty awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Looks super cool! I've never read anything by Ram V, but it appears worthy of the buy.

Extraordinary Member

Cover with trade dress

Variant by Anand Radhakrishnan

Variant by Bryan Hitch

This is going to get trippy in an aquatic way .

This looks great and I'm excited for it!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ward describing this as he & Ram attempting to do a DKR/All-Star for Aquaman has me excited as hell!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/