Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    1. I had no idea Jamila St. Croix was speculated to be a mutant based on the fact that Marius fed on her in his backstory... I was pretty sure that was just a horrific moment in his backstory, where the need was so strong, he would've fed on her regardless of whether she was a mutant or not. Can't he also feed on regular people (which won't give him any powers), he just prefers young mutants...?

In any case, it would be interesting to see Jamila return to the land of the living as a confirmed mutant, considering the wide variety of powers her kids seem to have. Maybe her powers would be mystical like the M Twins or maybe they'd be more vampiric like Emplate (and at one time, speculated M)?? I'd like to know.
    I believe Emplate only feeds on the bone marrow of mutants. Therefore his mother was probably a mutant. I like to think that she has the mutant powers of near invulnerability (plus her noble magical mystery roots) and has been feeding her poor little Marius for a long time and he just kept slowly draining her to the end of her strength. She gave herself to him so that he wouldn't feed on his sisters (something along those lines).
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 02-21-2022 at 11:32 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I believe Emplate only feeds on the bone marrow of mutants. Therefore his mother was probably a mutant. I like to think that she has the mutant powers of near invulnerability (plus her noble magical mystery roots) and has been feeding her poor little Marius for a long time and he just kept slowly draining her to the end of her strength. She gave herself to him so that he wouldn't feed on his sisters (something along those lines).
    Ahh, yeah, the more I think about it, the more I also think Marius could only feed on mutants (or only gain sustenance from mutants)... that's why he returned to the former site of the Massachusetts Academy (in time to see it getting demolished) and was so desperate in the post-M-Day/Decimation days.

Interesting theory, I'd love to see more of Jamila's backstory explored, maybe like that mystical-themed one-shot from a while back that had little stories of magical Marvel characters. Or M could finally have a day just to spend with her siblings and reminiscence about family history stuff, culminating in Jamila visiting her children as a revived mutant. The M Twins deserve to have at least one more appearance, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Leong and Nga, foreshadowed so long ago to become 'Template,' able to evolve the powers and physique of others, to bring them to their full potential, could be interesting. Imagine on Krakoa, tons of mutants whose powers and potential aren't yet realized, and along come Template, to temporarily buff them up and show them what they *could* be like, if they applied themselves and showed them that they *can* get their mutations under control and stuff. Knowing you can learn to control your power, when it's something that's 'stuck on' like Rogue or Cyclops have been for years, could be useful.
    Side note, I wonder how Emplate and Template would get along. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Enh... one take is that Marius only fed on Jamila once.... and it killed her. But yeah, "Mutant" genetics seems to be currently using the idea that you need a parent who is at least a latent Mutant or you can't be a Mutant. Mother or father is fine, but one of the two.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 02-22-2022 at 01:50 AM.

Where is Debrii, of the New Warriors, Avengers Academy? She's a mutant but was not tied into the X-Men books, historically.

Astonishing Member

Maybe Neophyte? Writers seem to forget about him,when his power is showcased well ,he is akin to NC in hand to hand combat (with regard to his superpower not combat prowess)because of how he blends into surfaces and would be excellent for infiltration and espionage.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh... one take is that Marius only fed on Jamila once.... and it killed her. But yeah, "Mutant" genetics seems to be currently using the idea that you need a parent who is at least a latent Mutant or you can't be a Mutant. Mother or father is fine, but one of the two.
    Do we know for sure that was the first time? Anyway its just something I came up with in my head. Not to be mistaken for facts.

Astonishing Member

This is just for fun.

Looking at Arrako as the newest example of "mutants from another world who are all about conflict", i notice no named character of Gene Nation, except that one who joined the X-men, had so much as a backround appearance so far (unless i missed it of course). So might aswell give them some of them a chance.

Hemmingway:
    Big, strong, ugly and heavily armored, but very little explored in terms of personality and character, with a unique name. Could make a suprising good villain, by showing a more cerebral side to him.

Sack:
    The bad boy version of Glob Hermann, with powers which actualy make him dangerous (can reform from having his form disturbed, resistant to physical damage and can posses people).

Ever:
    Big guy with big brain who worked for Havoc's Brotherhood of Mutants in the past. Maybe he could lead a much more efficient X-force alternative.

Opsidian:
    "Composed of pure Darkforce energy, a living shadow that can stretch and extend itself and create the feeling of metaphysical cold and fear in his victims."
    Maybe it's remembering Fumikage from My Hero Academia, but maybe this fella is actualy a really nice guy if you get to know him better.

Iron Maiden:
    Do you miss Penance being her own character? A red skinned young woman with razor sharp claws and skin? Well this lady is all that but without the baggage. Plus that code name dude.

Again these are joking suggestions, but again, good writer, good art, good story. Boom next thing you know they are among the first mutants introduced in the MCU or the next cartoon show.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    This is just for fun.
    Iron Maiden:
    Do you miss Penance being her own character? A red skinned young woman with razor sharp claws and skin? Well this lady is all that but without the baggage. Plus that code name dude.

Again these are joking suggestions, but again, good writer, good art, good story. Boom next thing you know they are among the first mutants introduced in the MCU or the next cartoon show.
    Love love love the codename!

This would be another good team to add Fatale, Reaper, Phantazia, Abyss or Dark Beast.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 02-22-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Do we know for sure that was the first time? Anyway its just something I came up with in my head. Not to be mistaken for facts.
    That part of stuff is pretty vague, so.. who knows... literally. i'm not sure the original writer did. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Where is Debrii, of the New Warriors, Avengers Academy? She's a mutant but was not tied into the X-Men books, historically.
    She apparently got written off as a not-a-Mutant character who has no in-universe explanation for her powers.... Even though mutant fits perfectly.

This is just for fun.

Looking at Arrako as the newest example of "mutants from another world who are all about conflict", i notice no named character of Gene Nation, except that one who joined the X-men, had so much as a backround appearance so far (unless i missed it of course). So might aswell give them some of them a chance.

Hemmingway:
    Big, strong, ugly and heavily armored, but very little explored in terms of personality and character, with a unique name. Could make a suprising good villain, by showing a more cerebral side to him.

Sack:
    The bad boy version of Glob Hermann, with powers which actualy make him dangerous (can reform from having his form disturbed, resistant to physical damage and can posses people).

Ever:
    Big guy with big brain who worked for Havoc's Brotherhood of Mutants in the past. Maybe he could lead a much more efficient X-force alternative.

Opsidian:
    "Composed of pure Darkforce energy, a living shadow that can stretch and extend itself and create the feeling of metaphysical cold and fear in his victims."
    Maybe it's remembering Fumikage from My Hero Academia, but maybe this fella is actualy a really nice guy if you get to know him better.

Iron Maiden:

I could see Gene Nation and The Neo move to Arakko. You forgot about Ves.sel of Gene Nation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    I could see Gene Nation and The Neo move to Arakko. You forgot about Ves.sel of Gene Nation
    I left out several. These were just those i had more fun thinking about.

Vessel felt too generic for me. Plus his powers were ill defined.

I left out several. These were just those i had more fun thinking about.

Vessel felt too generic for me. Plus his powers were ill defined.
    Ill defined often means creative freedom tho