Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which obscure characters have the potential to break out on Krakoa?

Inspired by the thread on whch new characters do you think will stick around.

But what about which obscure characters can make a comeback in a big way? Which wasted potential character can fulfill their potential.

Krakoan resurrection and mutants living in the same location has already allowed characters like Nanny, Orphan-Maker, Kwannon, Wiz-Kid, Tempo etc... to have the biggest impact they've ever had in X-Books.

With long-dead Synch on the main X-Men team and forgotten vilains like the Children of the Vault important now important antagonists, who else do you think can emerge from obscurity in this current era?

Idk if he counts as obscure, but Hellion.

• He took down Omega Sentinel when she was still Karima. If there's anything left of Karima in there, that could go North, South, and all sorts of ways.
    • Laura's in a romantic subplot. Let's bring in the ex and make this a love triangle. Wind Dancer and Monet are also there, so let's get messy.
    • Wolverine and Hellion have some beef, and now's a good time to cook it.
    • He's strong and makes for a good leader and strategist. If Brand doesn't want him for her plans, he'd make for a great Regent of Arrako.
    • Surely the Immortal X-Men could go for more Council shake-ups. Put him in, coach.
    • He just got resurrected, so let's see how his powers have grown. We've already seen how deadly he can be when the limits of his powers aren't locked away. Omega Time, baby.
    • We're getting a second X-Men team. Let my boy in.
    • You know who could kick Merlyn's ass? Hellion.
    • Hellion was already in a New Mutants book, and he could always stand to come back. Since we're dealing with magic, maybe it's time he expands his arsenal with spells.
    • Legion of X? How about the Legion of Hellion? He cameoed in this book and showed off his new hands. His powers and personality would make for a great member of the Legion, if not the team's leader.
    Last edited by Rift; 02-19-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member

• Dryad
    • Specter
    • Skids
    • Trance
    • Abyss
    • Phantazia
    • Pathway
    • Network
    • Threnody
    • Freakshow
    • Wicked
    • Beautiful Dreamer
    Last edited by Milici; 02-19-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Almost anyone with the right writer, plot, artist and fan responce really.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Almost anyone with the right writer, plot, artist and fan responce really.
    True but I still want to play!

Scanner-needs to be treated with a little respect!

Lourdes-I am sure is already going to be doing some shady and amazing things.

Sway-Too cool to be left behind again.

Creep-I could see a her and Krakoa getting along famously.

Threnody-Could be a great villain!!! Bring back my BABY! While an army of zombies trail behind her.

Phantazia-Could also be a fun actually intelligent villain. Who is gunning for the woman that took her powers and made her temporarily insane. Wanda.

Lifeguard-So much story to tell.

Catseye-Had little rays of great moments. Now is her time to bask in the sunshine.

Chance (white tiger guy in new mutants)-because I said so

Vincente-On another iteration of Hellions along with Miguela Torres (Loca as I like to call her), Maggott, Shinobi, Catseye, Negasonic and Synch for the Lead. Put together by Emma.

Squidboy-Because he was already a breakout but it was cut too short.

Book-Because I want to know what she can do..She can be the keeper of Krakoan history.

Tommy-She needs a power upgrade as like a 2d metamorph. She can be anything like graffiti on walls or make herself someone else's shadow. She would be great for cover illustrations.

Jamila St. Croix-Would love to know the powers of the St.Croix mum. I feel like now that we can resurrect people. Some of them could be on par with Magneto, Xavier (A new leader and dream for mutants). Why not Lourdes or Jamila? Maybe she had her hands tied in the politics of Algeria at at the time. She couldn't put all her efforts or let anyone know that she was a mutant. She might have been a secret Xavier benefactor all along and also her husband was part of the Mutant Underground because she couldn't be.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 02-20-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Inspired by the thread on whch new characters do you think will stick around.

But what about which obscure characters can make a comeback in a big way? Which wasted potential character can fulfill their potential.

Krakoan resurrection and mutants living in the same location has already allowed characters like Nanny, Orphan-Maker, Kwannon, Wiz-Kid, Tempo etc... to have the biggest impact they've ever had in X-Books.

With long-dead Synch on the main X-Men team and forgotten vilains like the Children of the Vault important now important antagonists, who else do you think can emerge from obscurity in this current era?
    Stitch. So much potential story that never got used. Her being mute. Ways her minor power could be upgraded or explored. Precision stitching in medical. Helping fashion clothes with Jumbo. Hell gives her unbreakable thread that never ends and she could wrap her enemies up with thread during battle. And the added issue of a human husband that has worked with mutants closely in Groundhog. They could also use the protocols and make St Elmo a mutant and bring him back and see Stitchs reaction.

Another good mutant that needs to be brought back protocols is Marylin the cook from the school that also died in the attack that killed Squidboy (who better show up now that Cain is on the island otherwise wasted oppurtunity of the year). Marylin had 4 arms. And I wrote her years ago in a fanfic where se had teflon skin (as a cook that would be an awesome secondary mutation.) Well someone listened to my idea of teflon skin but gave it to a different 4 arm mutant (Jumbo) instead. But if they tie the two together as being related I think it would give Marylin some great story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    • Dryad
    • Specter
    • Skids
    • Trance
    • Abyss
    • Phantazia
    • Pathway
    • Network
    • Threnody
    • Freakshow
    • Wicked
    • Beautiful Dreamer
    It's ridiculous to me that we have a resurrection protocols, and Wicked, a mutant who explicitly traffics in souls, isn't part of it.

Since the X-franchise has had clone-resurrections for years, via Sinister, Apocalypse *and* the Shiar (three different sources!), and has mutants like Elixir and Triage capable of resurrection *without* this whole Five protocol nonsense, *and* has reality manipulators like that Braddock dude who can 'boop!' return someone to life, 'the Five' has always seemed a bit over-engineered anyway, but them not including A) a telepath able to handle the downloads, and B) someone to actually call up the *souls* of the departed to stuff them back into the new bodies, seems like a gross oversight. Thanks to PAD tying Darwin, Siryn and Strong Guy into death-gods / hell-lords in various ways, and Ilyanna kind of already being a 'hell-lord' in her own right, there's even backup options to Wicked, when it comes to calling up souls!

And Dryad, frankly, seems far more suited to be 'the voice of Krakoa' than Cypher, since it's just a recent concept that Krakoa can only speak some made up language that only Doug knows. Dryad comes from a *family* of mutants, possibly with similar florakinetic talents (Emma refers to her father as the 'famous mutant landscaper' who made the Xavier estate's hedge maze), so she's kind of a legacy at that!

Lifeguard. I know she was very love/hate but I’m definitely on the love boat! She was interesting in Xtreme and I think we were teased with her both in Utopia time (wasn’t she working with Dazzler?) and also Hickman time (can’t remember the tease but didn’t they say “all of these characters will be featured in the title” heather was there but nothing came from it!)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The 10 characters that I believe skills;

Hellion
    Scanner
    Neal Shaara
    Switchback
    Tommy
    Unuscione
    Indra
    Mammomax
    Surge
    Slipstream
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    • Dryad
    • Specter
    • Skids
    • Trance
    • Abyss
    • Phantazia
    • Pathway
    • Network
    • Threnody
    • Freakshow
    • Wicked
    • Beautiful Dreamer
    Oh yes so many of these were the types of characters I had in mind makig the thread.

I didn't really enjoy Excalibur Vol.3 but I did love the characters Claremont created for it like Freakshow & Wicked, so I'd love to see them come back in Krakoa - especially Shola Inkose from Excalibur/Mekanix

Dryad was always my favourite of the never really used Academy X kids - so many of those kids are blank canvasses with interesting power sets a writer could really sink their teeth into.

I can't belive Abyss isn't a bigger deal, he was one of the more interesting characters introduce in AoA. Sadly another victim of The Draco. Would love to see Elizabeth Guthrie/Amazon get some development in the 616.

Phantazia always gets a good fan support on these boards/reddit/ X- Twitter it's easy to forget she only has like 10-15 issues worth of appearances.

Ultimate Member

Dryad was always my favourite of the never really used Academy X kids - so many of those kids are blank canvasses with interesting power sets a writer could really sink their teeth into.
    Dryad, Specter and Indra particularly interest me of the lesser-seen Academy X generation, but I'd be thrilled to see more of the Vale sisters (Network and Preview), Match, Quill, Wolf Cub, Kidogo, etc.

But no. We get D.J. who was perhaps my least favorite from that generation. Ugh.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Dryad, Specter and Indra particularly interest me of the lesser-seen Academy X generation, but I'd be thrilled to see more of the Vale sisters (Network and Preview), Match, Quill, Wolf Cub, Kidogo, etc.

But no. We get D.J. who was perhaps my least favorite from that generation. Ugh.
    Hey! We also got a lot of Rain Boy :P
    At least it wasn't Match. He is the most boring by far in that generation.
    Last edited by Milici; 02-20-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Incredible Member

Phantazia always gets a good fan support on these boards/reddit/ X- Twitter it's easy to forget she only has like 10-15 issues worth of appearances.
    She should recruit Fatale and Reaper into a new X-Cell.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Jamila St. Croix-Would love to know the powers of the St.Croix mum. I feel like now that we can resurrect people. Some of them could be on par with Magneto, Xavier (A new leader and dream for mutants). Why not Lourdes or Jamila? Maybe she had her hands tied in the politics of Algeria at at the time. She couldn't put all her efforts or let anyone know that she was a mutant. She might have been a secret Xavier benefactor all along and also her husband was part of the Mutant Underground because she couldn't be.
    1. I had no idea Jamila St. Croix was speculated to be a mutant based on the fact that Marius fed on her in his backstory... I was pretty sure that was just a horrific moment in his backstory, where the need was so strong, he would've fed on her regardless of whether she was a mutant or not. Can't he also feed on regular people (which won't give him any powers), he just prefers young mutants...?

In any case, it would be interesting to see Jamila return to the land of the living as a confirmed mutant, considering the wide variety of powers her kids seem to have. Maybe her powers would be mystical like the M Twins or maybe they'd be more vampiric like Emplate (and at one time, speculated M)?? I'd like to know.

2. I agree about Vincente. ;D He deserves another chance to shine or at least have a job on Krakoa that makes use of his abilities. He had the most potential out of Emplate's "Hellions."

3. If she still counts as "obscure," I also want Hollow to show up on Krakoa in some way. Doesn't have to be important, just would be great for someone to mistake her for M and have it be a nasty surprise for 'em.

4. I also think Dryad could really thrive in a Krakoan environment, given her nature-y powers.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Incredible Member

Dryad, the next addition to X-Men Green.