Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    If it could tell a good story, maybe. But in those adaptations had a sense of finality that the comics don't. On top of that, both of the deaths I can think of led to development for Peter. Marvel seems to be allergic to that these days.

She doesn't NEED to die. Quite frankly I'm glad they've gone away from writing her as some frail old woman and instead seem to write her more like her Ultimate counterpart.
    Although her Ultimate counterpart feels much more involved than she does now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If it could tell a good story, maybe. But in those adaptations had a sense of finality that the comics don't. On top of that, both of the deaths I can think of led to development for Peter. Marvel seems to be allergic to that these days.

She doesn't NEED to die. Quite frankly I'm glad they've gone away from writing her as some frail old woman and instead seem to write her more like her Ultimate counterpart.
    Are you referring to Into the Spider-Verse and Insomniac Games' Spider-Man on PS4/5, by any chance? That said, I do agree with you on Aunt May not needing to die, at least as long as they write her as the kind of spirited, determined, and resolute woman who damn well could have raised the Marvel Universe's greatest hero.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If anything, Aunt May should...kill!

sm115.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

sm115.jpg
    boi was Aunt May a sucker for Octopus
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

sm115.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    boi was Aunt May a sucker for Octopus
    I still love that moment during or after The Conversation where she apologized to Peter, following her discovery that he was Spider-Man all along, for how she'd threatened him while Ock was courting her. And let's not forget ASM 80.BEY, which was pretty good on Aunt May's characterization, insofar as her ultimately rebuking and rejecting Ock, realizing he'd never really change, not even for her sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Are you referring to Into the Spider-Verse and Insomniac Games' Spider-Man on PS4/5, by any chance? That said, I do agree with you on Aunt May not needing to die, at least as long as they write her as the kind of spirited, determined, and resolute woman who damn well could have raised the Marvel Universe's greatest hero.
    Insomniac and No Way Home actually. I actually forgot about Peter B's Aunt May.

I have to say... the Marisa Tomei casting was genius. She's 58 right now, old enough to be a grandmother....

OK I've changed my mind on this.

Because I just found out about Strange Adventures #97 and "Goodbye to Linda Brown"

Aunt May has been keeping secrets and they must be exposed. Her niece was a Mermaid and she displayed the same characteristics as the niece.

Insomniac and No Way Home actually. I actually forgot about Peter B's Aunt May.
    Thanks for the reminder there.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I have to say... the Marisa Tomei casting was genius. She's 58 right now, old enough to be a grandmother....
    Genius, indeed.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    OK I've changed my mind on this.

Because I just found out about Strange Adventures #97 and "Goodbye to Linda Brown"

Aunt May has been keeping secrets and they must be exposed. Her niece was a Mermaid and she displayed the same characteristics as the niece.
    Namor was never the first Mutant...AUNT MAY was! Dun dun dun!!!

sm115.jpg
    Aunt May: Assassin would basically be Superior Spider-Man but its about Aunt May going all Frank Castle on everybody.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 09-11-2023 at 03:46 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker