Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe she can't take a supervillain, even a relatively "low-tier" one, in a straight fight or even through clever thinking, but she can stand up to them like the bullies they basically are --- using their powers to intimidate and brutalize people (they think) can't or won't fight back --- and refuse to be intimidated or impressed by them. It's more "strength of character, will, and spirit" than anything else, I'd think.
    This is exactly it. These are the things that are instilled into Peter. Everyone talks about Uncle Ben teaching him responsibility and such. But what about May? Seeing her stand up for herself/others and refusing to back down or be intimidated. That's badass.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    This is exactly it. These are the things that are instilled into Peter. Everyone talks about Uncle Ben teaching him responsibility and such. But what about May? Seeing her stand up for herself/others and refusing to back down or be intimidated. That's badass.
    Exactly this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Aunt May should stay alive as long as Marvel Comics exist. Maybe she has a X-Gene. I hear Krakoa is nice this time of year.

BANNED

GOD YES. I'd give anything to reinstate her beautiful ASM 400 death (including retconning JMS' run where she finds out, much as I love that issue).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    GOD YES. I'd give anything to reinstate her beautiful ASM 400 death (including retconning JMS' run where she finds out, much as I love that issue).
    Yeah, everyone knows that Spider-Man story isn’t good unless someone dies in it!

Amazing Member

She should have really died in ASM 400. They are going the other way with her now. She seems a lot younger and healthier than the frail elderly woman she was when the series started. It is ridiculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah, everyone knows that Spider-Man story isn’t good unless someone dies in it!
    Why are you insistent on trying to 'convince' anyone that 400 is that bad?

It's a weird hill to die on, just saying.

Astonishing Member

Someone will just bring her back so nah. I'm just glad they got rid of the image that she looked like she was dying from a wasting disease.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Someone will just bring her back so nah.[/img]
    Given what they did with Harry, it's just as easy to put May back in the grave again by revealing she's a clone. That'd make OMD even more needlessly tragic in that Peter gave it all up for nothing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Given what they did with Harry, it's just as easy to put May back in the grave again by revealing she's a clone. That'd make OMD even more needlessly tragic in that Peter gave it all up for nothing.
    Why would that be better?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    A suggestion I had in the past might work well. Let Aunt May hit Powerball, retire to Mesa , Arizona ( where I once lived) and far away from New York, and removed from the book, have her tell Peter she knows he is Spider-Man ( and understand why he had to lie ( to protect his loved ones)), give Peter and MJ her home, and an annuity so he can fight crime and get his Phd, without having to find another job , or be essentially homeless.

M
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-22-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    A suggestion I had in the past might work well. Let Aunt May hit Powerball, have her tell Peter she knows he is Spider-Man ( and understand why he had to lie ( to protect his loved ones)), give Peter and MJ her home, and an annuity so he can fight crime and get his Phd, without having to find another job
    , or be essentially homeless.

M
    That’s the explicit thing that I would hate. It literally babies Peter by having everything done for him.

He needs to be the one to take initiative.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That’s the explicit thing that I would hate. It literally babies Peter by having everything done for him.

He needs to be the one to take initiative.
    It is not like Peter is a slacker in his parents basement, sitting on his ass playing with the Play Station or X Box. He will be out dealing with the Norman’s, Otto’s and Cletus’s of the world, which is not exactly easy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Panels with off-color joke potential that make a person look like a creep if they explain it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    A suggestion I had in the past might work well. Let Aunt May hit Powerball, retire to Mesa , Arizona ( where I once lived) and far away from New York, and removed from the book, have her tell Peter she knows he is Spider-Man ( and understand why he had to lie ( to protect his loved ones)), give Peter and MJ her home, and an annuity so he can fight crime and get his Phd, without having to find another job , or be essentially homeless.

M
    That sounds like it would make Peter's life a lot easier and more comfortable.