Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Spider-man crossovers would you most like to see?

Spider-man has met Batman, Superman, Invincible, Backlash (who is that guy?), Badrock, Red Sonja, and even Captain Crunch in a story that has still yet to be resolved, but it's been a while since he's had any adventures with people outside of the Marvel Universe (unless you want to count Conan).

So, if it was up to you and you didn't have to worry about any licensing issues, what characters would you like to see him team-up and/or fight.

Personally, I'd love to see a Spider-man/Ghostbusters team-up. You might even be able to talk JMS into writing it.

Probably with some manga characters like Miles with Deku from MyHero or Peter meeting with Jolyne Cujoh from Jojos
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Probably with some manga characters like Miles with Deku from MyHero or Peter meeting with Jolyne Cujoh from Jojos
    I remember way back in the day Wizard Magazine did a comicbook vs anime/manga characters section.

They put Spidey up against Vash the Stampede.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Spider-man has met Batman, Superman, Invincible, Backlash (who is that guy?), Badrock, Red Sonja, and even Captain Crunch in a story that has still yet to be resolved, but it's been a while since he's had any adventures with people outside of the Marvel Universe (unless you want to count Conan).

So, if it was up to you and you didn't have to worry about any licensing issues, what characters would you like to see him team-up and/or fight.

Personally, I'd love to see a Spider-man/Ghostbusters team-up. You might even be able to talk JMS into writing it.
    Spiderman but we throw him in warhammer universe for like 12 hours teams up with (marneus calgar) ... he'll love it.

BANNED

This might sound weird, but I'd seriously love a Spider-man and Godzilla crossover. I don't really talk about my obsessive love of kaiju cinema on this forum but real talk: Godzilla is my all time favorite series. I love it even slightly more than Spidey. I'm watching a Gamera movie as I type this, as there's almost always some kaiju movie/show playing on my TV at some point in the day.

So with my deep love of kaiju and Spider-man, it is my ultimate bummer when I found out Spidey DID appear in the Marvel Godzilla comic from the 70's...in one page, at the very end, and he never interacted with the big guy.

I know we've had Spidey in some big monster fights here and there. But nothing on the scope of the King of the Monsters! You may think to yourself "How would this even be possible?" and I say through good old fashioned science! Seriously, Peter may be too small to punch the problem but that's one of the appeals of this type of crossover. Peter would have to use that big brain and try to science the problem away. Maybe he tries to find a peaceful way to get rid of Godzilla, but then some other kaiju show up and he's got to help Godzilla fight them off. How? Simple: He pilots Jet Jaguar. Who is able to change his paint job to look Spider-themed. Just go with it. If the robot can magically learn to talk and grow he can change his paint job and become a pilot mecha now. Don't think about it too hard.

So that's my pitch, give us a wild 70's throwback style crossover that we should have gotten in the first place all those years ago.

Fantastic Member

I think it would be fun to see Spider-man crossover with some of Ditko's DC creations. There would obviously be the meta-fictional part of it, but I think it would make a neat story to see him team up with the Creeper, or Shade, or The Question.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Both of those would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    This might sound weird, but I'd seriously love a Spider-man and Godzilla crossover. I don't really talk about my obsessive love of kaiju cinema on this forum but real talk: Godzilla is my all time favorite series. I love it even slightly more than Spidey. I'm watching a Gamera movie as I type this, as there's almost always some kaiju movie/show playing on my TV at some point in the day.

So with my deep love of kaiju and Spider-man, it is my ultimate bummer when I found out Spidey DID appear in the Marvel Godzilla comic from the 70's...in one page, at the very end, and he never interacted with the big guy.

I know we've had Spidey in some big monster fights here and there. But nothing on the scope of the King of the Monsters! You may think to yourself "How would this even be possible?" and I say through good old fashioned science! Seriously, Peter may be too small to punch the problem but that's one of the appeals of this type of crossover. Peter would have to use that big brain and try to science the problem away. Maybe he tries to find a peaceful way to get rid of Godzilla, but then some other kaiju show up and he's got to help Godzilla fight them off. How? Simple: He pilots Jet Jaguar. Who is able to change his paint job to look Spider-themed. Just go with it. If the robot can magically learn to talk and grow he can change his paint job and become a pilot mecha now. Don't think about it too hard.

So that's my pitch, give us a wild 70's throwback style crossover that we should have gotten in the first place all those years ago.
    Speaking of tokusatsu, how about a Spider-Man/Power Rangers crossover that incorporates elements of the 1970s tokusatsu Spider-Man, complete with giant transforming robot that can team up or combine with the Megazord? Hell, this year is Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers' 30th anniversary, and also the 45th anniversary of the tokusatsu Spider-Man's series premiere, so it would be like killing two birds with one stone.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of tokusatsu, how about a Spider-Man/Power Rangers crossover that incorporates elements of the 1970s tokusatsu Spider-Man, complete with giant transforming robot that can team up or combine with the Megazord? Hell, this year is Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers' 30th anniversary, and also the 45th anniversary of the tokusatsu Spider-Man's series premiere, so it would be like killing two birds with one stone.
    I would love to see something like that. Maybe Toku Spidey shows up at the last minute to save the day. If they want to tie it into the fun fact that it was the first henshin hero with a mecha that would go on to inspire Sentai to use them, they could include a line about Leopardon being a prototype for the Megazords.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    I think it would be fun to see Spider-man crossover with some of Ditko's DC creations. There would obviously be the meta-fictional part of it, but I think it would make a neat story to see him team up with the Creeper, or Shade, or The Question.
    That would be kinda cool. I'd suggest leaving out Mr. A though. His morals are so much the opposite of Peter's that I can't see the two of them sharing a story without A being used as the villain.

Spider-man meets the 10th/14th Doctor Who

Spider-man visits Jurassic Park at just the wrong time.

Spider-man comes face to face with Claw the Unconquered (I actually was looking for a different DC Fantasy character's name but he came up in the search results so I went with him because he looks interesting)

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I would love to see something like that. Maybe Toku Spidey shows up at the last minute to save the day. If they want to tie it into the fun fact that it was the first henshin hero with a mecha that would go on to inspire Sentai to use them, they could include a line about Leopardon being a prototype for the Megazords.
    Sounds very good. Speaking of Super Sentai, the current one with the insect-themed Rangers, plus a spider-themed Sixth Ranger, would be fun to see cross over with Spidey. Of course, if we wanted Spidey with insect-themed toku heroes . . . there's always Kamen Rider, especially after Shin Kamen Rider came out this summer. Given that the first cyber-augmented foe beaten by Kamen Rider 1 was a "Spider Man," I'd love to see his reaction to Spider-Man.

Also, Guyver. For those who don't know, Guyver is the story of an ordinary high school student who accidentally bonds with a piece of alien biotechnology that generates a superpowered exoskeleton around him, transforming him into an incredibly dangerous fighter, especially when he's not in complete control of it, although it turns out that carapace is the creation of an invading force disguised on Earth as a megacorporation called Kronos (or Chronos) --- and they want their tech back in the worst way possible.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Back in the day, I thought that Spawn could be an interesting property to cross over with Spidey, without even considering the lineage as far as creative talent goes.

Admittedly the more I learn about that series' lore the more I'm thinking "let's not do that". So I don't know, I guess Kamen Rider like others have mentioned here'd work - going beyond a photo-OP like Supaidaman and Rider V3 (I think) shared way back in the day.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Back in the day, I thought that Spawn could be an interesting property to cross over with Spidey, without even considering the lineage as far as creative talent goes.

Admittedly the more I learn about that series' lore the more I'm thinking "let's not do that".
    So I don't know, I guess Kamen Rider like others have mentioned here'd work - going beyond a photo-OP like Supaidaman and Rider V3 (I think) shared way back in the day.
    Maybe, though Spider-Man and Spawn teaming up so Spawn can help Spidey beat Mephisto, who might also have teamed up with Malebolgia, would be something. Considering that the Hellspawn suits are basically demonic symbiotes as well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe, though Spider-Man and Spawn teaming up so Spawn can help Spidey beat Mephisto, who might also have teamed up with Malebolgia, would be something. Considering that the Hellspawn suits are basically demonic symbiotes as well . . .
    Yeah, if you do a Spidey/Spawn crossover, throwing in Venom wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also Demogoblin.