Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    Aunt May has been a waste of space in the book since JMS left. If Aunt May had stayed dead after #400 the book would have been stronger for it. JMS was able to utilize her in a meaningful way, but other than that, she's practically had no more use in the book. People grow old and die, but I guess that's a no go, as is having character growth. Everything is in cycles it seems with corporate comics. Remember when Sandman actually had character growth and slowly became a hero? Yeah, character growth, but everything seems to be retconned eventually.
    Vulture had cancer first but that’s gone. For all people talk about change in comics, people don’t actually like it.

Yes, the way they did in in ASM #400 was impeccable and they thrashed it. That's unforgiveable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Yes, the way they did in in ASM #400 was impeccable and they thrashed it. That's unforgiveable.
    It was overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It was overrated.
    It was a good final story, but it's easy to tell those kids of stories.

It felt like it should have been saved for some kind of future story things like "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow", Spider-girl, Batman Beyond, or Old Man Logan.

I think I already said yes but I'll say yes to this again.

Spectacular Member

While ASM is busy promoting the action part of Spider-Man's life, I think it would improve the characters if they bring in a decent writer for a side series who can develop the supporting cast and uses little actual violence. It would satisfy those that enjoy slice of life stories and help promote the people living in Peter's life and make everyone more 3D.

BANNED

It was overrated.
    So you keep saying, and the majority on here always disagree with you. So give it a rest already.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It felt like it should have been saved for some kind of future story things like Spider-girl
    ...That's exactly what happened. The Gift is considered the canonical death of Aunt May in the MC2 universe, aka the definitive 'possible future' of Peter Parker
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-09-2022 at 07:21 AM.

No

10 char 10 char
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    No

10 char 10 char

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    ...That's exactly what happened. The Gift is considered the canonical death of Aunt May in the MC2 universe, aka the definitive 'possible future' of Peter Parker
    So I guess Valeria is going to die and Johnny is going to get remarried to the Skrull, right?

As much as I love MC2, it’s not the canonical future. Just another alternate universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    That's not what Alan2099 was talking about. He said the death of Aunt May story should have been saved for a story set in the future. In Spider-Girl, Aunt May was already dead, because she was believed to be dead in the primary Marvel Universe at the time.

BANNED

So I guess Valeria is going to die and Johnny is going to get remarried to the Skrull, right?
    I don't see a downside.

As much as I love MC2, it’s not the canonical future. Just another alternate universe.
    I said it was the 'definitive' possible future, not that it was the canonical future of 616.

Why is this? Because all the classic continuity 'counts' with no retcons or resets, Peter and MJ are older than their 616 versions and are more experienced as a married couple and as parents.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-10-2022 at 11:01 AM.

No, I don't think they should kill her off. Instead they need to write her consistently. Is she a older but still capable woman? Is she an elderly damsel in distress? They seem to flip flop on her so much.

Honestly, I prefer the former characterization. Running FEAST, able to take care of herself, being badass when needed but generally living her own life and not being reduced to a crutch for Peter. And also knowing he's Spider-Man. They've hinted at it for a while now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    No, I don't think they should kill her off. Instead they need to write her consistently. Is she a older but still capable woman? Is she an elderly damsel in distress? They seem to flip flop on her so much.

Honestly, I prefer the former characterization. Running FEAST, able to take care of herself, being badass when needed but generally living her own life and not being reduced to a crutch for Peter. And also knowing he's Spider-Man. They've hinted at it for a while now.
    Define “badass”. I’ve begun to hate the idea of supporting cast members encountering supervillains. Especially if they win.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post

Define “badass”. I’ve begun to hate the idea of supporting cast members encountering supervillains. Especially if they win.
    Maybe she can't take a supervillain, even a relatively "low-tier" one, in a straight fight or even through clever thinking, but she can stand up to them like the bullies they basically are --- using their powers to intimidate and brutalize people (they think) can't or won't fight back --- and refuse to be intimidated or impressed by them. It's more "strength of character, will, and spirit" than anything else, I'd think.
    The spider is always on the hunt.