Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Ohh what about secret wars when he got the symbiote. That was a solo adventure he was by himself I'm pretty sure. He never worked with anyone else ever. Never was asked to on the fantastic four after johnny died because he was a loner..spider island wasn't a book. Spider verse doesn't exist by your logic the character only existed if we take out team up 20 years

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd throw in the Outlaws, which was a motley crew of Spider-villains that reformed themselves. Spidey actually led them, if I'm remembering right.
    Pretty sure they were a non-team like the Defenders were.

I still remember that scene where Iron Man asked the Peter where the Hulk went and then Peter just told him to f*ck off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Ohh what about secret wars when he got the symbiote. That was a solo adventure he was by himself I'm pretty sure. He never worked with anyone else ever. Never was asked to on the fantastic four after johnny died because he was a loner..spider island wasn't a book. Spider verse doesn't exist by your logic the character only existed if we take out team up 20 years
    How much did he actually work with those characters rather than just being affiliated with them?

They worked together as much as the Order of the Web did in Spencer’s run.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How much did he actually work with those characters rather than just being affiliated with them?

They worked together as much as the Order of the Web did in Spencer’s run.
    You have unrealistic expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I can agree with most of what you said there, but I don't see the meta element in this anymore than I see the meta element in any possible future storyline.

Killing Aunt May off wouln't open the possibility for him to have children. Those are two completely separate subjects and Peter having kids is really not something likely to happen whether they leave May alive or dead, at least, not in the present. That's a situation for possible future stories, where they can easily skip five or ten years ahead.
    I think that May would be like "Oh you have Spider-Babies now? I wanna hold them!" Then while Pete is doing Spider-Man stuff May is trying to be a Spider-sitter for... the other May.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think that May would be like "Oh you have Spider-Babies now? I wanna hold them!" Then while Pete is doing Spider-Man stuff May is trying to be a Spider-sitter for... the other May.
    Wouldn’t people complain about Peter not devoting enough time to his family if he did that?

Astonishing Member

Peter would never let his children be heroes because he’s the type of person that likes to do everything himself. That’s why he doesn’t like working together with people.
    This…makes absolutely no sense. As others have pointed out, Peter does work with others. Also, not what parents do, usually.

Peter also has no problem with the existence of Miles, Anya, Spider-Gwen, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I can agree with most of what you said there, but I don't see the meta element in this anymore than I see the meta element in any possible future storyline.

Killing Aunt May off wouln't open the possibility for him to have children. Those are two completely separate subjects and Peter having kids is really not something likely to happen whether they leave May alive or dead, at least, not in the present. That's a situation for possible future stories, where they can easily skip five or ten years ahead.
    The conversation was about May's original death during the Clone Saga. The death of May was meant to pave the way for Ben to take over as “the one true Peter Parker” without saddling Ben with having to lie to a parental figure who would think he was “Peter” when Ben wouldn’t have those Peter’s memories after the switch occurred. Plus, the death paved the way for Peter and MJ to move elsewhere to raise their child. So May’s death did create a storyline in which Peter and MJ were intended to raise a child (who did indeed become a legacy character in MC2) while honoring May's memory (and May is dead in most AUs with children, the exception being the Abrams aberration).
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-28-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Wouldn’t people complain about Peter not devoting enough time to his family if he did that?
    Only if he NEVER did dad stuff. I'm not saying Aunt May would raise the baby for him, just that she'd happily help out if Pete needs a bit of help.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Vulture had cancer first but that’s gone. For all people talk about change in comics, people don’t actually like it.
    He also got burned to a crisp but still came back as if nothing happened
    He likes to watch his enemies DIE!.jpg
    or at least that is what it looked like.

It is very normal for grandparents to babysit.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I don't have the guts to answer the quention of this poll because it would make me look like a monster, especially because Aunt May is quite similar to my defunt Grandma.

If they want Spider-Man to stay a success, then Peter Parker has to pass for things every normal person pass. Losing a beloved relative is one of them, but naturally, not in a heartbreaking tragedy like usually happen on Spider-man's world. However, Peter needs something that links him with his family. Therefore, if Aunt May would die for good, Peter Parker would need someone else to fill that void. Morally, that would be impossible, but I think the closest thing to that would be Teresa Parker, Peter's "sister". (That, of course, in case they are willing to make officially her real sister and not confuse us anymore with half truths or hidden secrets).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't have the guts to answer the quention of this poll because it would make me look like a monster, especially because Aunt May is quite similar to my defunt Grandma.

If they want Spider-Man to stay a success, then Peter Parker has to pass for things every normal person pass. Losing a beloved relative is one of them, but naturally, not in a heartbreaking tragedy like usually happen on Spider-man's world. However, Peter needs something that links him with his family. Therefore, if Aunt May would die for good, Peter Parker would need someone else to fill that void. Morally, that would be impossible, but I think the closest thing to that would be Teresa Parker, Peter's "sister". (That, of course, in case they are willing to make officially her real sister and not confuse us anymore with half truths or hidden secrets).
    Wouldn’t it be cool if Peter had, oh, let’s say…a wife…to ground him and be his family.

I’m really not fond of the Teresa retcon. It doesn’t work for me, on several storytelling levels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Wouldn’t it be cool if Peter had, oh, let’s say…a wife…to ground him and be his family.

I’m really not fond of the Teresa retcon. It doesn’t work for me, on several storytelling levels.
    I second the wife's idea, but I meant something to bond him to his birth family. We all have two families: The one we are born to, and the one we make out of ourselves. Considering the past involving Peter's parents, I believe he still needs someone from that family in his life.

Let's just hope the can make up their minds about Teresa's thing in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

That sounds dirty. We’re talking about emotional support that doesn’t involve him having sex.