Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    So, you didn’t read the JMS run. Got it.
    Apparently you didn’t either because haven’t actually noted anything from it about their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Mary Jane pursued her stage acting career, for one. But the book are easily available on Amazon or at the library if you need to refresh your memory.
    And before that she was acting for film.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    So basically nothing of importance? Got it.

The only thing of importance I remember is when Peter consoled her for not getting the gig that she wanted.
    She helped him when they were on the run.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Apparently you didnĀ’t either because havenĀ’t actually noted anything from it about their relationship.
    Before we continue this off topic conversation. How come you want others to do something for you instead of you looking it up and reading it yourself?
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 06-02-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Apparently you didn’t either because haven’t actually noted anything from it about their relationship.
    Dude, I started by saying she was acting on stage. Take the L and move on.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-02-2022 at 07:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Before we continue this off topic conversation. How come you want others to do something for you instead of you looking it up and reading it yourself?
    Because you’re the one who claimed that unicorns existed.

The fact that you’re being vague about what happened during his run just highlights how little of Peter and MJ’s relationship was actually in focus.

Then read the series.

BANNED

The fact that you’re being vague about what happened during his run just highlights how little of Peter and MJ’s relationship was actually in focus.
    You're focusing entirely on what he's saying and not looking at the other two examples shown by other people. That indicates to me you're running from the debate in favour of pushing someone's buttons.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-02-2022 at 01:53 PM.

Alright so give me a list of the issues you've read. Runs, day you read it. How it made you feel. Why you read the issue?

What got you into comics? Thoughts on other characters in Marvel. Favorite MCU movie or superhero movie and why. Answer those and can talk lol

Astonishing Member

Alright so give me a list of the issues you've read. Runs, day you read it. How it made you feel. Why you read the issue?

What got you into comics? Thoughts on other characters in Marvel. Favorite MCU movie or superhero movie and why. Answer those and can talk lol
    Spider-Man TAS and Marvel Age Spider-Man got me into comics. Then I mostly read Ultimate Spider-Man. Then I went back to the original ASM run. I didn’t read any of the secondary books at first but after I got up to the 400s it became inevitable. I went to the JMS run before reading the Mackie run. Both runs felt like they were just littered with cliffhangers.

I didn’t really care about Peter being a teacher beyond him having a job outside of the Daily Bugle. While I understand the claim that JMS works are preachy, his Spider-Man works were actually pretty tame in that regard and it was nice to see Peter help out of costume. It’s also important to me to see Peter help people before they get into a bad spot rather than just beating up the villains later.

While I love that supernatural stuff was added to the mythos, it could’ve been handled much better. What really annoys me is the way that Zeke died. Would Peter have really just let him die for a deity that he wasn’t even sure he believed in?

While I liked to see Peter bonding with the Avengers, it was irritating to see him, MJ and May move into Stark Tower. If they were talking about finding their own place eventually, I’d be ok with it, but it was still jarring to see.

Spider-Man TAS and Marvel Age Spider-Man got me into comics. Then I mostly read Ultimate Spider-Man. Then I went back to the original ASM run. I didn’t read any of the secondary books at first but after I got up to the 400s it became inevitable. I went to the JMS run before reading the Mackie run. Both runs felt like they were just littered with cliffhangers.

I didn’t really care about Peter being a teacher beyond him having a job outside of the Daily Bugle. While I understand the claim that JMS works are preachy, his Spider-Man works were actually pretty tame in that regard and it was nice to see Peter help out of costume. It’s also important to me to see Peter help people before they get into a bad spot rather than just beating up the villains later.

While I love that supernatural stuff was added to the mythos, it could’ve been handled much better. What really annoys me is the way that Zeke died. Would Peter have really just let him die for a deity that he wasn’t even sure he believed in?

While I liked to see Peter bonding with the Avengers, it was irritating to see him, MJ and May move into Stark Tower. If they were talking about finding their own place eventually, I’d be ok with it, but it was still jarring to see.
    Sweet. So Aunt may as a character is done. They had hef show up and guilt trip him then mention her only in the recap page it's tell she leaves or written off the book

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I don't think Peter let Ezekiel die, per se, but the point of that was Ezekiel finally doing one unselfish thing with the powers he'd misappropriated, even if it cost him his own life, because that was what Peter would have done, would have almost always chosen to do. As for Peter, Mary Jane, and Aunt May moving into Stark Tower, I can agree that was rather jarring insofar as making Peter dependent on Tony Stark's largesse (a dynamic later adapted by the MCU without the parts that cast a more critical, if not condemnatory, light on Stark as a character in the context and aftermath of Civil War), though it is still a guilty pleasure of mine for Peter to teach Logan the meaning of "talk s***, get hit" after Logan made one too many wisecracks at Mary Jane's expense following some random tabloid conjecturing that she and Stark were having an affair. (Right through supposedly unbreakable glass, too.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Sweet. So Aunt may as a character is done. They had hef show up and guilt trip him then mention her only in the recap page it's tell she leaves or written off the book
    So is MJ, so I don’t see why either of them should leave.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I don't think Peter let Ezekiel die, per se, but the point of that was Ezekiel finally doing one unselfish thing with the powers he'd misappropriated, even if it cost him his own life, because that was what Peter would have done, would have almost always chosen to do. As for Peter, Mary Jane, and Aunt May moving into Stark Tower, I can agree that was rather jarring insofar as making Peter dependent on Tony Stark's largesse (a dynamic later adapted by the MCU without the parts that cast a more critical, if not condemnatory, light on Stark as a character in the context and aftermath of Civil War), though it is still a guilty pleasure of mine for Peter to teach Logan the meaning of "talk s***, get hit" after Logan made one too many wisecracks at Mary Jane's expense following some random tabloid conjecturing that she and Stark were having an affair. (Right through supposedly unbreakable glass, too.)
    The unbreakable glass incident is something I found funny at first but then became annoyed with later. I know Logan had a worse life than Peter’s but that was extremely dickish, and I really don’t like it when Peter gets angry since I always flashback to his teenage years when he was extremely stuck-up.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The unbreakable glass incident is something I found funny at first but then became annoyed with later. I know Logan had a worse life than Peter’s but that was extremely dickish, and I really don’t like it when Peter gets angry since I always flashback to his teenage years when he was extremely stuck-up.
    Understandable. Hence why it's a guilty pleasure for me, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Understandable. Hence why it's a guilty pleasure for me, too.
    Peter will literally go to hell and back for MJ. Cross the multiverse and fight whoever to protect and save her