Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Well, that would be a good reason to replace Peter with MJ cause people only seem to care about him when he’s married to her. She’s far more popular than him, and without her, he’s just doing what he always does: beat up supervillains. Heck, with her, all he does is beat up supervillains.
    A+ for reaching, F for being rooted in reality.

What’s annoying is the illusion of progress that people seem to have.
    You mean like Peter graduating from high school and college?

No, it’s that there’s not a point in talking about progress when it’s not actually going to happen.

In truth, people just seem to be horny for MJ and want to live vicariously through Peter. It’s like how people wish they were Batman; not the sense of righteousness and caring about people, mostly the being rich and not having parents to tell you “no” part.

It makes the “progress” feel very immature.
    Great use of the no true Scotsman logical fallacy!
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-05-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    A+ for reaching, F for being rooted in reality.

You mean like Peter graduating from high school and college?
    So, MJ isn’t more popular than Peter is?

And what’s Peter’s plan once he graduates college? He didn’t get that degree just to become a school teacher.

Astonishing Member

Considering her series was cancelled without being finished: empirically, no, she isn’t.

And what’s Peter’s plan once he graduates college? He didn’t get that degree just to become a school teacher.
    Peter’s goal was to receive his masters and PhD to become a biochemist to honor his promise made at Uncle Ben’s grave.

517F5F8D-39AC-48FB-A424-DFA3C3B1283B.jpg
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-05-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Group question If Aunt May is to stay on a character in the book and not be the aunt who Peter needs to worry about because they has been removed and stop just being there to be disappointed in his mistakes and looks like they moved past the F.E.A.S.T. stuff.
    What would you have her do to stay relevant in the books going forward?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Group question If Aunt May is to stay on a character in the book and not be the aunt who Peter needs to worry about because they has been removed and stop just being there to be disappointed in his mistakes and looks like they moved past the F.E.A.S.T. stuff.
    What would you have her do to stay relevant in the books going forward?
    Well someone said babysitting Peter's kid, but I honestly like the times when she was either with the Senior Center or helping out at FEAST so they could easily bring it back.

Mighty Member

No, it’s that there’s not a point in talking about progress when it’s not actually going to happen.

In truth, people just seem to be horny for MJ and want to live vicariously through Peter. It’s like how people wish they were Batman; not the sense of righteousness and caring about people, mostly the being rich and not having parents to tell you “no” part.

It makes the “progress” feel very immature.
    What people are you referring to?????? I am one of those long time Peter/Mary Jane fans that do enjoy a Spider-Man comic much more if he's with Mary Jane. I prefer Peter Parker married with Mary Jane as his wife. They've been my favorite couple since the the late 1980s. I am 50 years old.

I am not vicariously living through Spider-Man nor horny for Mary Jane. They're just my favorite comic book couple and one of my favorite fictional couples of all time. I know that I am far from the only one that is like that.

your comments come off rather patronizing and presumptuous

people can be fictional pairing fans with being horny and living vicariously
    Last edited by Starrius; 06-11-2022 at 12:10 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    What people are you referring to?????? I am one of those long time Peter/Mary Jane fans that do enjoy a Spider-Man comic much more if he's with Mary Jane. I prefer Peter Parker married with Mary Jane as his wife. They've been my favorite couple since the the late 1980s. I am 50 years old.

I am not vicariously living through Spider-Man nor horny for Mary Jane. They're just my favorite comic book couple and one of my favorite fictional couples of all time. I know that I am far from the only one that is like that.

your comments come off rather patronizing and presumptuous

people can be fictional pairing fans with being horny and living vicariously
    If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

In MC2 he works at a police crime lab.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I wouldn’t have a problem with that honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    forensic scientist that job can help his superhero career.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    forensic scientist that job can help his superhero career.
    Why does Peter have to be a superhero? Editorial mandate?

Not everything has to revolve around Spider-Man. The world building is better when it doesn’t.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

[QUOTE=PCN24454;6082781]Why does Peter have to be a superhero? Editorial mandate?

“If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again.”
    ― groucho marx

Why does Peter have to be a superhero? Editorial mandate?

Not everything has to revolve around Spider-Man. The world building is better when it doesn’t.
    He wasn't a superhero anymore in Spider-Girl, even though he looked for any excuse to get back into costume at a moment's notice.

Amazing Member

She should have stayed dead since ASM 400

She died in MC2 and things seem to go fine there so, yes.