Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I don't think there's any point now but I do think it's funny that after all the work they spent in the comics to retcon her death and keep her around, adaptations have been killing her left and right. She's now died in Spider-Man PS4, Into the Spider-Verse, and now the MCU
    There's a point to where the character is not really needed anymore. When you have a large cast that has expanded to where it is now from the past 60 years you get to where some characters are no longer needed to be around for the main character to grow and tell a good/decent story May Parker has outlived the usefulness of being a contributing character, Outside the recent appearance with Doc Ock in beyond there isn't much she can do and should be allowed to be let go in a meaningful way. Because she has been killed off in multiple forms of media has shown yes there is a time to move in and let Peter grow and learn again from this experience

Astonishing Member

Yes. Kill her off, or better...let her die a natural death, without a big super villain story.

I am currently rereading Amazing Spider-Man and have to say she is the most annoying person in the Marvel universe. She had her purpose, I understand that. But its time to let that go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I don't think there's any point now but I do think it's funny that after all the work they spent in the comics to retcon her death and keep her around, adaptations have been killing her left and right. She's now died in Spider-Man PS4, Into the Spider-Verse, and now the MCU
    Did I miss something? Did they confirm she's dead in the sequel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    There's a point to where the character is not really needed anymore. When you have a large cast that has expanded to where it is now from the past 60 years you get to where some characters are no longer needed to be around for the main character to grow and tell a good/decent story May Parker has outlived the usefulness of being a contributing character, Outside the recent appearance with Doc Ock in beyond there isn't much she can do and should be allowed to be let go in a meaningful way. Because she has been killed off in multiple forms of media has shown yes there is a time to move in and let Peter grow and learn again from this experience
    Then again, we're lucky to get any good character work with anyone in the supporting cast these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Then again, we're lucky to get any good character work with anyone in the supporting cast these days.
    Into the spiderverse she's still alive in Miles universe. can't say in any others. \

We had a some decent character work in the last one. MJ, JJJ, Robbie and his son, Fred before his end and some villains too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    You’re literally the only person who thinks ASM#400 wasn’t a masterpiece. Why am I not surprised?
    It was the literary equivalent of throwing out the trash.

Astonishing Member

What is this “large cast” that you speak of? People complain when cast is any bigger than Jonah and the woman he has sex with.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What is this “large cast” that you speak of? People complain when cast is any bigger than Jonah and the woman he has sex with.
    Because Google is hard there's the 'not' dead Aunt may. Mary Jane Watson. JJJ and JJJ Jr, Robbie and his son, Glory Grant, betty and ned, Carlie, curt Conner's, Debra Whitman, Eddie Brock, Flash Thompson, Liz Allen, Max modell, technically good Norman, Anna Watson, Anna Marie sort of, Felecia, Julia carpenter, Michelle Gonzalez,Silk, silver sable, Sally avril, Norah Winters, many more

Astonishing Member

Because Google is hard there's the 'not' dead Aunt may. Mary Jane Watson. JJJ and JJJ Jr, Robbie and his son, Glory Grant, betty and ned, Carlie, curt Conner's, Debra Whitman, Eddie Brock, Flash Thompson, Liz Allen, Max modell, technically good Norman, Anna Watson, Anna Marie sort of, Felecia, Julia carpenter, Michelle Gonzalez,Silk, silver sable, Sally avril, Norah Winters, many more
    How many of them do people actually care about?

How many of them do people actually care about?
    Technically all of them. Depends on who is being used but usually when a a supporting character who hasn't been used in a while or just makes an appearance.. usually people tend to talk about or care that they are making an appearance or being used

BANNED

I’d hate to hear what you consider a GOOD Spider-Man story.
    Well, I wouldn't want that, would I?

Astonishing Member

Wow, so edgy dissing one of the best Spidey stories of all time. What’s your next hot take? Using KLH as toilet paper? Ugh, I’d hate to hear what you consider a GOOD Spider-Man story.
    Now there’s a story where the character benefits from dying.

(If you couldn’t already guess, I thought Kraven was boring.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Into the spiderverse she's still alive in Miles universe. can't say in any others. \

We had a some decent character work in the last one. MJ, JJJ, Robbie and his son, Fred before his end and some villains too
    For those wondering, it was Peter B. Parker's Aunt May who died in his backstory in Into the Spider-Verse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I feel like the retcon of May's death on #400 has closed the door on this. Not only would no one take it seriously, this new death would have to compete with an issue that was the perfect ending to the character.

Ultimately there's a character that's going to be around, so it's time to actually do something with her. For starters she should know Peter's Spider-Man (how does it reflect on Peter that he tells Jonah, but doesn't care to undo the mindwipe on May?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    No, there is more mileage in the character being alive than dead. If a writer doesn't need her they can basically ignore her. If they do, she's there to be used.
    This is the correct answer.

BANNED

Now there’s a story where the character benefits from dying.

(If you couldn’t already guess, I thought Kraven was boring.)
    Boring? I don't know. I'd rather say it was uneven, with a penchant for melodrama. It wanted to elicit a visceral reaction in the reader, but I can't say it always succeeded. Came out as theatrical just as often.