Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It would be nice if we would hear something about a sit down with WB so we know that there's a chance of this getting greenlit.
    Assassinate Putin!

It would be nice to hear Durance as Lois again .

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It would be nice if we would hear something about a sit down with WB so we know that there's a chance of this getting greenlit.
    Well no major news but I figured I’d bump this since Gunn’s elevation to co-head of DC might be an asset. He and Michael Rosenbaum are friends, Gunn actually casted him over in GotG, and since Gunn’s role also cover animation, maybe he will greenlight this project?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well no major news but I figured I’d bump this since Gunn’s elevation to co-head of DC might be an asset. He and Michael Rosenbaum are friends, Gunn actually casted him over in GotG, and since Gunn’s role also cover animation, maybe he will greenlight this project?
    I hope you're right but this Zaslav guy seems to have a personal vendetta against the animation division. Which is a shame because DC animated projects are usually a lot better than Marvel ones.
    Assassinate Putin!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Depends on how much control Zaslav exerts over WB/DC once the ball gets to rolling. We already know the man will cancel any project deemed wasteful. We already know he's beholden to the shareholders too.

I hope you're right but this Zaslav guy seems to have a personal vendetta against the animation division. Which is a shame because DC animated projects are usually a lot better than Marvel ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Depends on how much control Zaslav exerts over WB/DC once the ball gets to rolling. We already know the man will cancel any project deemed wasteful. We already know he's beholden to the shareholders too.
    Big question mark is how much freedom Gunn and Safran get. From what I recall De Luca and his wife Pamela weren’t allowed to greenlight anything with a budget over $45 million (or maybe it was $90 million) without getting approval from Zaslav. He’s said to be a micromanager who planned to be hands on with DC even after getting his “Feige”, and if he’s still calling the shots I also don’t have much faith this will get made.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The odds of this ever getting off the ground was iffy even before the merger. Selling Zaslav on making a cartoon based on a show that went off the air over ten years ago is virtually impossible. I think the only chance we have is that he's a Superman fan and that MIGHT be a foot in the door to pitch this thing. Is that Adventures of Superman cartoon or whatever it's called still happening? Last I heard it was on the fence at best.
    Assassinate Putin!

The odds of this ever getting off the ground was iffy even before the merger. Selling Zaslav on making a cartoon based on a show that went off the air over ten years ago is virtually impossible. I think the only chance we have is that he's a Superman fan and that MIGHT be a foot in the door to pitch this thing. Is that Adventures of Superman cartoon or whatever it's called still happening? Last I heard it was on the fence at best.
    Still planned to debut on HBO Max and Cartoon Network (if CN still exists), shockingly enough it was the Batman cartoon that got cancelled and is now being shopped around to other networks.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Maybe he enjoyed reading old Marvel and DC Comics as child? I don't know. It's clear his goal is to fix the DCEU and have it rival Marvel.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I don't see it happening as a series at this point. The best bet would be a series of animated movies. Maybe a stand alone to test the waters and make more on a case by case basis.

I would love for this to happen , but I think it gets no farther than a eventual pitch meeting and a gentle let down/rejection by Gunn on behalf of Zaslav. Then again...If you told me three months ago that Henry would be back and we would get a new solo Superman movie Nearly a guarantee... I wouldn't have believed it. Stranger things have happened.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.