Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Update on the Smallville animated series...

So apparently this is a bit further along than just the planning phase. They've already got Lionel Luthor to come back and they've worked out an animation style. They are kind of just waiting for the original showrunners to get done with what they're currently working on:

https://www.cbr.com/smallville-tom-w...sequel-series/
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So apparently this is a bit further along than just the planning phase. They've already got Lionel Luthor to come back and they've worked out an animation style. They are kind of just waiting for the original showrunners to get done with what they're currently working on:

https://www.cbr.com/smallville-tom-w...sequel-series/
    We're working on animated series that picks up right after our Smallville [Season 10] and, again, telling our own story and our vision is that we get Erica [Durance]… It might be tough to get Allison [Mack] ... But even Sam Jones III [who played Pete Ross] and Lionel Luthor is going to be a big part of that. John Glover wants to do it, we've already been into this."
    Unless they zoom her in from her prison cell yeah no **** Welling lmao. I shouldn’t laugh at that but it’s such a funny way of acknowledging that situation.

So is this officially greenlit or what? If it ends up actually for real happening awesome, I’ll check it out, might be a nice “traditional” Superman animated show for older audiences since MAWS is skewing all ages. If they’re stuck waiting around for the show runners to hop on board though, it may end up languishing in development hell. I’d love to see Welling Clark and Rosenbaum Lex interact again however! Wonder what art style they’d go with?

They better name it Metropolis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

How would you bring Lionel back other than in flashbacks? Not that I mind more Lionel/John Glover but he pretty definitively died two times...then again, comics .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unless they zoom her in from her prison cell yeah no **** Welling lmao. I shouldn’t laugh at that but it’s such a funny way of acknowledging that situation.

So is this officially greenlit or what? If it ends up actually for real happening awesome, I’ll check it out, might be a nice “traditional” Superman animated show for older audiences since MAWS is skewing all ages. If they’re stuck waiting around for the show runners to hop on board though, it may end up languishing in development hell. I’d love to see Welling Clark and Rosenbaum Lex interact again however! Wonder what art style they’d go with?

I feel like they'd probably go with a style similar to Man of Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How would you bring Lionel back other than in flashbacks? Not that I mind more Lionel/John Glover but he pretty definitively died two times...then again, comics .

I feel like they'd probably go with a style similar to Man of Tomorrow.
    Mm I can’t agree, the Tomorrowverse is based on Otto Schmidt’s art style and I don’t think that’s a good fit for a Smallville continuation. I’d choose an art style that imitates Immonen personally.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

They can always recast, especially since it's animation.

I think I would love to see it, just for the energy of this Clark and Lois, but the main problem is never gonna be getting the actors, or even the showrunners. It's getting the budget. I'm assuming that they still have to convince Warnee Bros to produce this. I hope they succeed

It's sad that, even if I might like this, it might never get us a animated version season 11 comics, that was a helluva great universe
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mm I can’t agree, the Tomorrowverse is based on Otto Schmidt’s art style and I don’t think that’s a good fit for a Smallville continuation. I’d choose an art style that imitates Immonen personally.
    I guess at the end of the day whoever they go with should be someone who could successfully capture the actors well in an animated style.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    They can always recast, especially since it's animation.
    I think they wouldn’t use Chole at all to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess at the end of the day whoever they go with should be someone who could successfully capture the actors well in an animated style.
    Immonen or Rags Morales would be the two artists I’d be looking towards. Felt like Welling was definitely an influence on the look of Clark in Secret Identity, and Rags more “grounded” take on the Supermythos for the opening arcs of the New 52 reboot would mesh well with a Smallville continuation I think.

I kind of like the idea of there being more than one Smallville universe like they did with the Donner-verse. I just hope that they don't wait so long to get this off the ground that it dies on the vine.
    Assassinate Putin!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

This guy just refuses to wear the tights. He's doing everything he can not to wear them. I bet he'll do it at when he announces his retirement. He's 44 years old, not many years left and roles aren't lined up.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 03-01-2022 at 12:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    He's 44 years old, not many years left and roles aren't lined up.
    44 is no age at all

I'm glad to see this isn't dead yet. Especially with the Discovery deal.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm glad to see this isn't dead yet. Especially with the Discovery deal.
    Still not sure I believe this will actually get made, but hey maybe Zaslov sees this as part of “revitalizing” Superman. Certainly won’t turn away another Superman show.