Default Jason Bourne vs Duncan Idaho

Jason Bourne vs Duncan Idaho

Unarmed HTH only.

Standard arena match.

EDIT: By "unarmed HTH only" I mean no weapons, armor, or paraphernalia other than clothing and shoes. So no force field generator for Idaho.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-21-2022 at 09:38 PM.

With shield up i guess Bourne will have to do grappling to get the most out of things
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    With shield up i guess Bourne will have to do grappling to get the most out of things
    No shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Unarmed HTH only.
    I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. By "unarmed HTH only" I meant no armor or other paraphernalia.

(Not sure if that's what we generally mean by "unarmed HTH only.")

I'll clarify in the OP.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-21-2022 at 09:37 PM.

While we might extrapolate Duncan could be pretty skilled unarmed given the way he uses positioning to rapidly gets inside his opponents' guard for a stabbing and utilizes narrow spaces to stack his opponents in front so he can kill them one by one instead of getting swarmed in a melee, these sort of come with an asterix since everything he did was with swords that allowed for quick kills.

In the movie he does have this one moment where he's fighting Harkonnen troops in Arrakeen and does this wire-fu leap and knees a trooper in the face, indicating he is less grounded in reality than Bourne is, and he's certainly not unskilled with clinching opponents given that's how he lasted so long against the Sardaukar.

I haven't seen the Bourne movies past the first one - which I do not remember well, besides - but I'd presume he has a greater breadth of pure melee feats.

Bourne's bread and butter is melee with improvised weapons. His damage soak is also pretty insane as he's shot several times, falls several stories into water, and then swims away. Not separately mind, it's all one sequence.

So... if anything Duncan has an uphill fight?

EDIT: He's only shot once... but with a sniper rifle/assault rifle. So he's still ridiculous.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 02-21-2022 at 11:16 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Bourne's bread and butter is melee with improvised weapons. His damage soak is also pretty insane as he's shot several times, falls several stories into water, and then swims away. Not separately mind, it's all one sequence.

So... if anything Duncan has an uphill fight?.
    Yeah I think Bourne's feats would outclass dramatically what I remember of Dunc's

That's why I assumed he'd have the shield
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Much as i hate admit it, Bourne's feats outclass movie Duncan.

I wish they had gotten a bit more over the top with the combat sequences in Dune. By presentation in the novels, Duncan and other high level combatants are comic book peak human, in the later novels they develop actual super speed.

But the movie, as good as it was, kept the fight scenes more grounded. I wish Dune had gotten that Anime adaption it was supposed to, so we could see Sardaukar, Fremen, Bene Gesserit and Ginaz warriors get the fight scenes they deserve.