I'm kinda not feeling the new characters and designs (half the cast is just baggy pants or a baggy top). I also feel like the story has ended for several of the original 8 world warriors. E. Honda's big goal in the last game was opening a bath house, Dhalsim exists purely to spew cryptic exposition, Guile's mission is over with the defeat of Bison and reveal that Charlie was still alive, and Blanka has been reduced to comic relief since SF Alpha 3. No of them seems hungry to be the world's best fighter anymore. At least Sagat has retired, he hasn't had any real driven purpose since he put aside his rivalry with Ryu.

Cammy has gained one iconic costume with every past appearance (the Doll unitard, the Bison cosplay, and her recent SFV battle outfit) now she is just in everyday casual wear.

Maybe there will be some good DLC costumes or something down the road. The open world stuff seems ...interesting, although I am getting some "Final Fight: Streetwise" vibes, and I just do not care about Luke.