Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm kinda not feeling the new characters and designs (half the cast is just baggy pants or a baggy top). I also feel like the story has ended for several of the original 8 world warriors. E. Honda's big goal in the last game was opening a bath house, Dhalsim exists purely to spew cryptic exposition, Guile's mission is over with the defeat of Bison and reveal that Charlie was still alive, and Blanka has been reduced to comic relief since SF Alpha 3. No of them seems hungry to be the world's best fighter anymore. At least Sagat has retired, he hasn't had any real driven purpose since he put aside his rivalry with Ryu.

Cammy has gained one iconic costume with every past appearance (the Doll unitard, the Bison cosplay, and her recent SFV battle outfit) now she is just in everyday casual wear.

Maybe there will be some good DLC costumes or something down the road. The open world stuff seems ...interesting, although I am getting some "Final Fight: Streetwise" vibes, and I just do not care about Luke.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They turned Ken into a bum. He should have never invested in those damn apes!
    Relevant:

https://twitter.com/SpacemanFGC/stat...64695362514944

Anyways, classic costumes will be available, or at least, a leak with Cammy uses the usual green swinsuit, but it could be just recycled stuff from the previous game:

https://twitter.com/kittycatcammy_/s...11666270244866
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

Cammy has gained one iconic costume with every past appearance (the Doll unitard, the Bison cosplay, and her recent SFV battle outfit) now she is just in everyday casual wear.
    And it's her best look yet

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I'm kinda not feeling the new characters and designs (half the cast is just baggy pants or a baggy top). I also feel like the story has ended for several of the original 8 world warriors. E. Honda's big goal in the last game was opening a bath house, Dhalsim exists purely to spew cryptic exposition, Guile's mission is over with the defeat of Bison and reveal that Charlie was still alive, and Blanka has been reduced to comic relief since SF Alpha 3. No of them seems hungry to be the world's best fighter anymore. At least Sagat has retired, he hasn't had any real driven purpose since he put aside his rivalry with Ryu.

Maybe there will be some good DLC costumes or something down the road. The open world stuff seems ...interesting, although I am getting some "Final Fight: Streetwise" vibes, and I just do not care about Luke.
    This is a fighting game. It's not driven by narrative. A lot of these characters are here to fill gameplay archetypes.

I feel that fighting game endings with the exception of a story mode have become more character driven, rather than plot driven. So new stories could just be made up base on around the charcters.

What I'm saying is that fighting games are mostly character driven. This can be seen in win quotes, intros, and outros.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-04-2022 at 05:41 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

This is a fighting game. It's not driven by narrative. A lot of these characters are here to fill gameplay archetypes.
    1. Story's becoming a bigger part of fighting games
    2. MvC Infinite showed that a lot of people are interested in the characters for their character and not just their gameplay functions

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    2. MvC Infinite showed that a lot of people are interested in the characters for their character and not just their gameplay functions
    Story is becoming bigger but it's not driven by it. The team behind SF6 isn't going to choose characters based on the plot they want to tell.

MvC is a different beast as it's a licensed game.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I feel that fighting game endings with the exception of a story mode have become more character driven, rather than plot driven. So new stories could just be made up base on around the charcters.

What I'm saying is that fighting games are mostly character driven. This can be seen in win quotes, intros, and outros.
    More or less, the characters will still be in there more so for the gameplay functions than their motivations, E-Honda is an example of this, since his motivation and characterization is just "Lol sumo", while Zangief changes his thing per game (The muscle gimmick from SFV wasn't there before).

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It is, but the gameplay is the main focus, story's not what gives the games multiple seasons and people playing for years and years.

Obviously, otherwise MvC wouldn't exist to begin with, but MvC:I is also an example of how story is not necessarily relevant for a game to be popular, since it has more story than any of Capcom's MvC games (By having a story at all), and the game is widely mocked despite that, story wasn't enough to save it from other issues.

MvC is a different beast as it's a licensed game.
    I mean, people still like seeing the usual faces, SFIII replaced most of the cast from SFII and that annoyed people, Sean was even planned to be the game's sole shoto, and people bitched about that, making Capcom eventually add Ryu, Ken and Akuma (Which caused Sean to be nerfed to **** in Third Strike, he was one of the most busted characters in Second Impact, he became a joke in Third Strike with Capcom saying it was for "story reasons" lol).

Hell SFIII tried to add a bunch of replacements gameplay-wise and a lot of them didn't stick, Remi who's quite clearly the Guile replacement never returned, though others like Dudley were liked enough to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Speaking of change Chun-li is no longer an Interpol agent in SF6.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Speaking of change Chun-li is no longer an Interpol agent in SF6.
    Chun left Interpol in SF3. SF6 is finally moving the series past it

Fantastic Member

Considering that this is supposed to take place after SF3, it's rather awkward that the starting roster doesn't have any characters that debuted there.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Considering that this is supposed to take place after SF3, it's rather awkward that the starting roster doesn't have any characters that debuted there.
    The game has a huge focus on Metro City and there isn't a single Final Fight character in the base roster.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    There's a rumor that Sean shows up in Ken's storyline to help him after he hit rock bottom. Similarly, I'd be surprised if Alex didn't show up in Luke's storyline at some point. They might end up as DLC.

I'm not even certain that the leaked roster we got includes all starting characters the actual game.

My Forum check it out

My Forum check it out