Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

My Avatar in SF6 Cyber Samurai ( couldn't get anywhere close to Gen's drawing)

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Incredible Member

Am I the only one that thinks sf6 was a major let down?

Th roster with all those new characters we’re not familiarized, the lack of a story mode, the new command system making vs battles uneven. I played the games 5 times and I’m already over.

Sf5 on the other hand had me for months

Me, I'm reconsidering giving my Avatar those pants.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post

Th roster with all those new characters we’re not familiarized, the lack of a story mode, the new command system making vs battles uneven. I played the games 5 times and I’m already over.

Well not every game is for everyone and if you're not vibing with the roster, but:

1) The new characters I find to be fresh enough in their presentation and playstyle. It's a sequel, there needs to be something new, otherwise we'd still be playing Alpha 3 or Ultra SFIV for the rosters alone.

2) World Tour is basically a Yakuza game and the Arcade Mode is about as fleshed out as SFV's charcter stories.

3) Are you referring to Modern Controls or the Drive System? Modern isn't too much of an advantage beyond simplifying execution of special moves, approaching your opponent still requires fundamental skills that don't change between the control schemes, it's not an unsurmountable advantage, otherwise Haitani would have won EVO free.

Drive Impact can seem a little scrubby at first, but there are ways around it - Drive Parry, throw, 3 hit combos, counter Drive Impact - and these are powerful tools everyone has access to.

4) SFV, I'll agree to disagree. While fine, it's a more volatile game with neutral played with stubbier normals and a character's full potential gated behind V-Trigger. When all the resources are gone it becomes almost prohibitively defensive with players crouching and staring at each other in corners, waiting to bait intiative so they can punish with lights to close out the round.

Your mileage may vary though, which is fine.

Extraordinary Member

This game def needs more trophies for pvp. And has anybody noticed funny stuff going on in pvp? Aside from the usual buttons not working? Like the animation shows you touching an opponent but it doesn't register as a hit? Or inexplicably missing someone standing right in front of you? Is Tekken or dbz games better with this type of stuff? Cuz right now I feel like this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-10-2023 at 05:13 AM.

With all due respect, the game is 2 months old and you're still in Iron Rank, levelling up might do well to scratch that itch.

With regards to the 'funny stuff' that might have to do with the refresh rate of your display or graphics settings.

Tekken and DBFZ are not really different in regards to disjointed hitboxes, in fact the latter might be even more jank in that regard. That's just how these games work I'm afraid.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With all due respect, the game is 2 months old and you're still in Iron Rank, levelling up might do well to scratch that itch.

With regards to the 'funny stuff' that might have to do with the refresh rate of your display or graphics settings.

Tekken and DBFZ are not really different in regards to disjointed hitboxes, in fact the latter might be even more jank in that regard. That's just how these games work I'm afraid.

I'm bronze rank now. Started at beginner settings. Should I be Master rank already? So you're saying janky hit boxes are pretty much normal for these games...wow that's bad. I'm kinda new to playing these types of games on console. Wish I woulda known that....
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 08-10-2023 at 03:15 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post

1) 10 characters in this game are from SF2. This game isn't lacking in familiar characters.

2) World tour is the story mode.

3) You need to be specific here. Are you talking about modern controls?

SF6 website confirms A.K.I to be F.A.N.G's apprentice. So the same girl that appeared in Fang's side story. A.K.I is Phantom.
    My Forum check it out

third outfits for Cammy, Ken, Luke and Liliy reviled

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2023/...-revealed-sf6/
    My Forum check it out

My Forum check it out

my top five most impressive master intros in SF6 World Tour Mode.

1. Ryu

( Love when he does a shoryuken ( or was it a shin shoryuken ) in his intro and forms a dragon with it.

2 Rashid.

3 AkI

4 Dhalsim

5 Guile

What's everyone else list for most impressive master introductions in SF6's world tour mode?

So there's these world tour stories that are only on the Japanese SF6 website.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-12-2023 at 05:27 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    my top five most impressive master intros in SF6 World Tour Mode.

1. Ryu

( Love when he does a shoryuken ( or was it a shin shoryuken ) in his intro and forms a dragon with it.

2 Rashid.

3 AkI

4 Dhalsim

5 Guile

What's everyone else list for most impressive master introductions in SF6's world tour mode?

So there's these world tour stories that are only on the Japanese SF6 website.
    Ryu's was definitely the most impressive intro for me so far. He felt like his decades of dedication had finally caused him to transcend to the levels of people like Gouken and Akuma. It was simple but profound.

Personally, I found Deejay's intro to bebthe funniest. Man spent the whole time thinking your character wanted to learn how to be a music superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Just about every Juri I have seen is now pajama Juri.