Default Fandral, Zorro, and Reepicheep

Scenario thread, not a fight (although you're free to pick one, lol).

Fandral (616), Zorro, and Reepicheep (Narnia) show up at your door one day.

They explain that Milady de Winter has gained control of the Black Chalice and used it to exile them to our Earth for four weeks, and you're the only person they know.

So you have to either board these guys for four weeks or otherwise turn them away.

Explaining that they're all from different fictions causes them to erupt in laughter, until they get tired of that joke.

How do you handle it? What happens?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Put them up for four weeks, of course. They'll need to pay for their food (which is going to be vegan, no cooking of meat in my home), and anything they break, etc. They'll also be sleeping in the office (second bedroom) or in the living room, because we have a condo. And be considerate of each other wrt shower use, hot water, etc. And not interrupt our schedule.

Also, they need to keep it down. There's a lot of elderly people in the condo building, so I can't have them carrying on.

That should do it. If there are problems along the way, we can discuss them. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Can you imagine how much food and drink Fandral could get through in 4 weeks? It wouldn’t be a small amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Can you imagine how much food and drink Fandral could get through in 4 weeks? It wouldn’t be a small amount.
    He's paying for his own stuff, so I'm not worried. Also cooking his own stuff.

Bonus: he'll probably cook for everyone, he's that kind of guy. So long as he follows the house rules, everything is cool. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Put them up for four weeks, of course. They'll need to pay for their food (which is going to be vegan, no cooking of meat in my home), and anything they break, etc. They'll also be sleeping in the office (second bedroom) or in the living room, because we have a condo. And be considerate of each other wrt shower use, hot water, etc. And not interrupt our schedule.

Also, they need to keep it down. There's a lot of elderly people in the condo building, so I can't have them carrying on.

That should do it. If there are problems along the way, we can discuss them. ^_^
    What happens when they get bored and want to go out?

Problems:

1- Reepicheep is a talking mouse. And he never stops talking.

2- None of them are going to relinquish their swords.

3- If insulted, they will defend their honor. Because they're good guys, they probably wouldn't kill anybody, but they would teach the scallywag a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    What happens when they get bored and want to go out?

Problems:

1- Reepicheep is a talking mouse. And he never stops talking.

2- None of them are going to relinquish their swords.

3- If insulted, they will defend their honor. Because they're good guys, they probably wouldn't kill anybody, but they would teach the scallywag a lesson.
    ...none of this is really my problem. ^_^ Edit: to put it better, this is something over which I have only the barest amount of control.

I can explain the situation to them - that they live in a world where they would be persecuted (Reepicheep, unfair as that is), and that our society has some pretty big issues about weapons and their use (you can carry a sword around in Ottawa, there is no law against it despite what the cops will try to tell you - bullcrap about blade lengths and such, there are no such laws - however the cops WILL use it as a reason to hassle and come after you, and if anyone is at all feeling threatened by the fact that someone is carrying a sword, boom, they can try to nail you, so it's not a good idea), and beating people up also goes against many laws of this land, as justified as it might seem to them. As the person who is giving the trio a place to live, I can ask them to follow my lead for a month and just put up with sitting at home and playing on the Xbox or whatever.

But I'm a big believer in adults holding personal responsibility for their choices (if they are aware of the consequences, which this group will be), and if they decided to not take my advice and head out to act as if this is their homeworld and they can do as they please, it's not exactly on me. I didn't send them here, by renting out a room for them I'm not taking responsibility for their actions outside of my home (and if they screw around in my home they get the boot).

I don't WANT them to get in trouble (for their sake and the sake of others), and I hope they don't, and I can try my best to impress upon them that if they go out and cause a ruckus, it'll probably end with someone dying. I can also threaten to turn them out if they don't listen (it's an empty threat - if I turn them out, they're definitely going to be out there 24/7, and lacking a reason to not cause trouble). But if they insist on seeking out problems...I can do nothing but hope nobody dies.

I think that Zorro, at least, will not make trouble; he's pretty good at laying low and understands the need to fit in. Hopefully he'll impress upon the other two the need to keep it all on the QT. ^_^

Upon consideration, I also ask them how they know me.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-24-2022 at 05:32 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Upon consideration, I also ask them how they know me.
    "It would be more correct to say we know of you. You come highly recommended by the Plot Gods."

"But he must learn how to use a blade. Then he can come to our worlds!"

"Of course. If he achieves enough proficiency, he'll be too colorful for this grey universe. The Plot Gods will have to let him come back with us."

"That shouldn't be too difficult. We do have a full four weeks to train him to be better than any swordsman who's every lived on this dull sphere."

"Four weeks! Plenty of time. We should add in knife-throwing as well."

"Blindfolded knife-throwing. Or it's too easy."

"Observe closely. We call this basic position...."

BANNED

Probably. the three loony musketeers get kicked out by NIMBYS. :.p

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    "It would be more correct to say we know of you. You come highly recommended by the Plot Gods."

"But he must learn how to use a blade. Then he can come to our worlds!"

"Of course. If he achieves enough proficiency, he'll be too colorful for this grey universe. The Plot Gods will have to let him come back with us."

"That shouldn't be too difficult. We do have a full four weeks to train him to be better than any swordsman who's every lived on this dull sphere."

"Four weeks! Plenty of time. We should add in knife-throwing as well."

"Blindfolded knife-throwing. Or it's too easy."

"Observe closely. We call this basic position...."
    I'm not gonna lie, this sort of thing would be appreciated. I mean, I have training and skill with swords, but it's recreational and completely nothing compared to what these guys could teach me. And it is something in which I have interest (hence my recreational skill).
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Four weeks isn't too bad, all things considered.

I mean, we already have an issue that I have no real space in my gaff. London properties are not noted for having a bunch of space sufficient for two dudes and an extra large mouse.

To be honest, I'd probably send them to live with my mum on the coast as she has more space in her place and they could make themselves useful around the house; gardening, shopping, odd jobs for my mum etc. Plus, I'm sure they'd make engaging dinner conversation.

It's also more in the countryside so they would be less likely to attract negative attention and would be able to roam around a bit more without fear of crashing into modern society.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Four weeks isn't too bad, all things considered.

I mean, we already have an issue that I have no real space in my gaff. London properties are not noted for having a bunch of space sufficient for two dudes and an extra large mouse.

To be honest, I'd probably send them to live with my mum on the coast as she has more space in her place and they could make themselves useful around the house; gardening, shopping, odd jobs for my mum etc. Plus, I'm sure they'd make engaging dinner conversation.

It's also more in the countryside so they would be less likely to attract negative attention and would be able to roam around a bit more without fear of crashing into modern society.
    Clever idea. Sadly, while I also have space issues (though the spare room/office means they can at least have that), my Mom is equally strapped for area.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To be honest, I'd probably send them to live with my mum on the coast as she has more space in her place and they could make themselves useful around the house; gardening, shopping, odd jobs for my mum etc...
    "Gardening?"

"Shopping?"

"There must be some brigands around here somewhere."

"She's obviously afraid, fearing that if she speaks the truth, the local gangs will wreak a terrible vengeance upon her."

"Good lady! Those days are long gone...."

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Commenting solely on the "zounds you have insulted me, have at thee!" aspect mentioned above: Fandral wouldn't really do that. The guy is portrayed as both a nice guy and a guy who goes out of his way, to the threat of his own life, to protect mortals. Zorro, likewise, gets the concept of secret identity.

I think that two of the three would be absolutely fine. Bringing them around Paris, bringing them wine tasting in Bourgogne, teaching them to snowboard - they'd probably enjoy it. I would also love the chance to train with them.

The third one might have issues fitting in, but hell, i still go to raves where nobody would look askance at a giant mouse carrying a sword and talking.

I could handle it. Space, however, is equally an issue, as, like London, Parisien apartments aren't known for all of their free space. I would manage as well as possible - perhaps putting them up in an apartment or an AirBnB during their stay.

I don't work per se, so i have plenty of time to help manage them.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan